University of Arizona C/O 2027 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

calciferlog

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi friends! I don't think I've seen a thread for U of A yet. I'm a second-time OOS applicant. Best of luck to you all this cycle!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an email inviting me to do their supplemental application! Exciting!

Reactions: 2 users
Received a supplemental invite as well! Does everyone get these or is it the first screening stage?

Received a supplemental invite as well! Does everyone get these or is it the first screening stage?
I just got mine as well! Last year, if your GPA was above 3.0, you received the invite to complete the supplemental. However, if your GPA was below that, admissions still reviewed your app and decided whether or not to send the supplemental based on the other portions of your app.

It looks like based on last year's U of A thread, a lot of interview invites started rolling out the first/second week of September...hoping that is the case here again! Did my supplemental assessment on 8/27 so we'll see 🤞

Reactions: 1 users
It looks like based on last year's U of A thread, a lot of interview invites started rolling out the first/second week of September...hoping that is the case here again! Did my supplemental assessment on 8/27 so we'll see 🤞
From what I saw the first interview invites went out end of October! I may be wrong though 😭

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know about how long the Kira takes? I'm doing it today and want to warn my roomies

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else feel like they did poorly on the Kira? I can’t stand watching myself speak on video so the format was a nightmare for me, I ended up just stuttering at the camera like four separate times 🤦🏻‍♀️ Really hoping this isn’t weighted super heavily and trying not to be upset over it, but I feel like I just shot myself hard in the foot.

First time OOS >.< We will see how it goes!

I am so confused! I received my invite to do the Kira on the 30th, and it said I had 10 days to complete it. I planned to do it tonight because I finally have a day off, and just now I checked my applicant portal, and it has a completely different due date. The portal states it emailed me on the 28th, so I will not be able to do it after the 7th (yesterday). Is this also happening to anyone else?

How did you get a portal? I never received an invite to one.

Hi friends. First time OOS, third time overall applicant.
I completed Kira August 26th, havent gotten an invite to the portal yet though.
Hoping to hear some sort of correspondence soon!

I think last year they started sending them like the third week of October! So i am expecting us all to hear something around then

Last year I felt I did absolutely horrible on the Kira, but I ended up getting waitlisted at UofA, so just do your best and the rest is up to the Vet Med Luck of the draw and what else you have in your application :) I agree that it is very uncomfortable to talk to yourself in the camera, not my favorite thing.

Reactions: 5 users
Ahh my supp app went into review yesterday, portal says we won’t hear about interview invites till mid October at the earliest though

First time OOS, just finished my Kira. Did not enjoy the experience at all but at least it's over with 💀 now we wait

Oos applicant- For those who have already received kira invites, how long did it take from you to hear back after your application was verified ?

Oos applicant- For those who have already received kira invites, how long did it take from you to hear back after your application was verified ?
I submitted on the 8th, was verified on the 11th, and received Kira invitation on the 12th :) I am also OOS

I submitted mine on August 9th, verified the 10th of August and I got my Kira invitation on the 30th of August! I too am OOS!

Submitted on 8, verified on the 12 or 13, got the invitation for Kira on the 14 :)

According to my portal, I am on an MMI interview waitlist! :)

Oh wow this feels super early! Did you get an email as well or was it just a portal update?
It does feel early! In fact I am scared it was an accident or something lol 😭 No email, I just checked my portal. My supplemental application was under review 9/19 and was placed on the waitlist 9/22.

It does feel early! In fact I am scared it was an accident or something lol 😭 No email, I just checked my portal. My supplemental application was under review 9/19 and was placed on the waitlist 9/22.
I also got an MMI interview hold on my portal - I'm curious if they have actually sent out interview offers to anyone yet, or if the hold is because they don't have planned interview dates in place yet

My portal still says thst my app is being reviewed and that interviews will be out mid october but the update is from 9/13

^ Same, mine’s been in review since 9/12 so whatever order they’re going in I don’t think it’s chronological 🤔

Same! Mine just says the following, "We have received your VMCAS application and supplemental application. Your application is currently being reviewed for an Multiple Mini Interview (MMI) invite. MMI invites will be sent starting in the middle of October to February 2023." So we will see what happens 😅

First time OOS but 2nd time applicant overall

For those that have completed the supplemental application, were they pretty standard interview questions or should I be doing some preparation before taking it? I started doing the practice questions and already feel so awkward/nervous on camera. :(

First time OOS applicant & second application overall!

Placed on MMI waitlist 9/21 :)

Wondering if anyone has been offered invitations for the MMI yet or only waitlisted?

MMI waitlist 9/25, second one this early in the cycle

My most recent update still says : “Thank you for completing your Supplemental Application. We will update you once we have finished reviewing the application.”
Submitted Kira on the 13th.

did you guys get an email with the most recent update or are you just checking the portal

I received an email indicating my application was on hold due to one of my three GPAs not being a 3.0, and they are currently reviewing the rest of my application before sending out a supplemental application. Anyone else receive this email? I hope the process doesn't take too long.

It was just on the portal, sort of relieved that I heard something so I can at least stop obsessively checking it 24/7