University of Colorado c/o 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
AHHH I lied, it got sent to my mom's house! SO excited!

Members don't see this ad.

So the current acceptances are from early to mid feb, so the timeframe appears to be roughly a month. Do all acceptances go out before April? I could be wrong, but last friday at the interview I think I remember hearing something about hearing in March sometime.

Your right at the interview I remember they told us the last acceptances will be sent in late april. That's when they would be making their last decisions.

Members don't see this ad :)
AHHH I lied, it got sent to my mom's house! SO excited!

Congratulations!

I interviewed 3/2 and hope to hear very soon (within a couple days). My deposit for another school is due the 15th! I am getting anxious.

get the titer for the chicken pox to check for immunity.

Talk with Cindy Subia (her number is listed on the website, you have to search for it) about it. She is very helpful with how to fill out the immunization form for your particular situation.

For instance, I have no documentation that I have had one of the needed vaccines when I was a child, she gave me guidance on what to do - if I needed booster shots or if I could leave those items blank.

Congratulations!

I interviewed 3/2 and hope to hear very soon (within a couple days). My deposit for another school is due the 15th! I am getting anxious.

my guess is you won't be hearing for another couple of weeks. I interviewed 2/23 and haven't found out yet.

Yep it's my permanent address... I still don't know why they would have sent it there though. at least it got to me!

Was your letter dated March 5th as well? If it was, I wonder why they waited so long to mail it out. Just over analyzing. =)

Yep it was dated 3/5 and the stamp on the envelope was 3/6. I got mine on the 9th so considering no mail runs on Sundays... that doesn't seem too bad to get from Colorado to Northern CA. But the wait almost did me in. And going to other interviews after my UCD interview was hard.

Congrats to everyone who was accepted!! See ya in the fall.

Now I have to work on getting all these immunizations. Ugh.

Has anyone from the 2/2 interviews heard anything?:confused:

:DCongrats refuse2bdefined, rcoriakin, Franklin, tbsbnstar and everyone else accepted! I look forward to seeing you all on campus!

Your right at the interview I remember they told us the last acceptances will be sent in late april. That's when they would be making their last decisions.

Late april or late march?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thats what I remember too. So a little less than 3 weeks remaining then.

I think it will still be a little while for the 3/2 group. I am from 2/27 and I am not expecting anything for at least another week or two.

I forgot to do something at the interview day. There was a chance to clarify any prerequisites you were missing by going to room 1202 of academic office 1. It totally slipped my mind until after the day was done. I'm going to email them instead but who is the person that I'm suppose to talk to?

I believe Beverly Brunson is the contact person to resolve issues with pre-reqs.

quick question for those who got in: do any of you still have prereqs that you are working on? i interviewed on 2/27 and im waiting to hear back but I still have 2 prereqs left. I was just wondering if any of you who have gotten in still have some prereqs to finish up.

Congrats to those who got in and good luck to everyone else.

At my interview I still had four pre-req's left, according to UC (b/c they had not received the academic update from PharmCAS). This semster I have one pre-req class, Biochemistry. They may not even take it either. Then I would have to take another Biochem class in the summer. I don't think they will make decsisions based on what you have or have not completed. Unless you still have half the pre-reqs to finish.

quick question for those who got in: do any of you still have prereqs that you are working on? i interviewed on 2/27 and im waiting to hear back but I still have 2 prereqs left. I was just wondering if any of you who have gotten in still have some prereqs to finish up.

I'm finishing up Physiology right now and I got in. I remember quite a few people still having pre-reqs to finish when I interviewed. Beverly just said they needed to be done at the end of Spring semester.

Yeah, I'm taking 3 pre-req classes right now. I doubt it had much bearing on the decision.

I hope they mail all the c/o 2013 students a list of our classmates sometime in early summer so we can start attempting to figure out housing arrangements.

With all the money I would save going to UC instead of U of Hawaii, I'm thinking of getting an apartment at the complex (believe it's called 21 Fitzsimons) near the medical center for the first year. I heard they are $900 a month for 1 bedroom. Its expensive but I could practically roll out of bed :D. I'm not really sure though with the safety of the neighborhood in all.
Does anyone know if the cost of those apartments include the utilities??

I hope they mail all the c/o 2013 students a list of our classmates sometime in early summer so we can start attempting to figure out housing arrangements.

Me too!!!! I really want to find a roommate and a place soon (mostly cause I'm so excited). I was thinking of living near downtown denver area or cherry creek.... any thoughts on that? No one at the interview could tell me any good info on where to live, so i'm a little clueless. I know most people don't live too close to the school so I'm not worried about driving and prices (i'm used to california rent! haha)

With all the money I would save going to UC instead of U of Hawaii, I'm thinking of getting an apartment at the complex (believe it's called 21 Fitzsimons) near the medical center for the first year. I heard they are $900 a month for 1 bedroom. Its expensive but I could practically roll out of bed :D. I'm not really sure though with the safety of the neighborhood in all.
Does anyone know if the cost of those apartments include the utilities??

i was looking at that place too. i remember on the tour the students said that a couple people lived there but it was expensive. but hey, i'm from la so to me it's cheap. haha. other than that i have no idea where students live.

Me too!!!! I really want to find a roommate and a place soon (mostly cause I'm so excited). I was thinking of living near downtown denver area or cherry creek.... any thoughts on that? No one at the interview could tell me any good info on where to live, so i'm a little clueless. I know most people don't live too close to the school so I'm not worried about driving and prices (i'm used to california rent! haha)

I've been looking a lot online at housing. The gal who did my campus tour said she used to live closer to campus during her first semester and currently lives downtown and said it's not bad at all. And amen to being used to CA prices! I feel like after that, I'm used to crazy rent. They did say that they highly recommend not living RIGHT outside campus because it's a little rundown. Of course unless it's Fitzsimmons 21 which is WOW and $$$$ even for a CA girl. :D Does anyone know if there is a Facebook group for our class yet? I was thinking of starting one if not....

i was there for 2/27 interview and i just got my acceptance letter today:)

:D Does anyone know if there is a Facebook group for our class yet? I was thinking of starting one if not....
I don't think so, please do make one!!!
Also, once it's up if anyone wants to share an apartment, contact me cause I don't want to live alone cause I don't know anyone in denver

i agree there should be one, im excited to start meeting people

Wow interview on 2/27 and acceptance 2 weeks later, NICE!

I wonder when the committee meets. I interviewed on 3/6 and want to go to CU so bad!

i live in co, just two hours south of denver. i was really surprised to get a letter in two weeks, my letter was dated march 9. i applied last year and made the waitlist and it took almost 3 months for them to inform me that i was even on the waitlist. good luck to everyone else that interviewed!

i live in co, just two hours south of denver. i was really surprised to get a letter in two weeks, my letter was dated march 9. i applied last year and made the waitlist and it took almost 3 months for them to inform me that i was even on the waitlist. good luck to everyone else that interviewed!

Congratulations!!

*sigh* I sent in my deposit to another school today. Interviewees from 3/2 probably won't have to wait much longer.

yeah, I am moving over from california too, so any price there is a great price for us. I am possibly looking at buying a 2 bed 2 bath house and renting out one room.

congratss!!! so im from Cali...so if i do get an acceptance...it would take a little longer to get to me...right?

i was there for 2/27 interview and i just got my acceptance letter today:)

congratss!!! so im from Cali...so if i do get an acceptance...it would take a little longer to get to me...right?

i dont know, the letter was dated march 9th. so depending on when they sent it, im assuming it would take a few more days. were you there on 2/27 as well?

I am super nervous now....I thought they were going by interview groups and assume I wouldn't hear for at least another week. I interviewed on 2/23 and haven't heard. any one else from 2/23 heard back yet?

I am super nervous now....I thought they were going by interview groups and assume I wouldn't hear for at least another week. I interviewed on 2/23 and haven't heard. any one else from 2/23 heard back yet?

Nothing yet, although I'm encouraged that they seem to be actively reviewing apps. Hoping to hear something SOON!

i feel the same!!

I remember someone at the interview (that works/goes to the school) saying that some people that interview the same day...can find out at different times through the cycle.

so i am feeling optimistic
Nothing yet, although I'm encouraged that they seem to be actively reviewing apps. Hoping to hear something SOON!

I was from the 2/23 interview and have not heard anything yet....

I was from the 2/23 interview and have not heard anything yet....

I was there too on 2/23..I thought my interview went really well, but I still haven't heard anything from them either. It sucks because I have to pay 800 to hold my spot at Maryland, while I wait for Co. :xf: :xf:

I thought the CO interview process overall was really informative compared to other schools!!! I want to go there sooooo bad!!!:rolleyes:

i was there on 2.23

i dont know, the letter was dated march 9th. so depending on when they sent it, im assuming it would take a few more days. were you there on 2/27 as well?

I GOT IN!!! I GOT IN!!! Interviewed 2/23, dated 3/11, OMG SO HAPPY!

Interviewed 2/23, recieved acceptance TODAY!!!!! Dated March 9, deposit ($1000, now why was I thinking it was way less than that????) due March 24.