University of Colorado - Skaggs SOP C/O 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed 12/5
Got acceptance email 1/7
:)

Members don't see this ad.

Received my acceptance letter also yesterday! so excited!!!

For those that still may be waiting on an interview, I did receive my email awhile ago wanting to confirm an interview this month in january....Seeing I already got accepted to a pharmacy program in Tennessee and paid down my deposit, Im passing up the interview date for anyone else in this class that are waiting for that email (this school seems really nice and love visiting the state though!!)...best of luck to you guys and congrats to those that have landed an interview AND an acceptance!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone that applied closer to the deadline hear back yet??
I applied on Dec 1st (the deadline day is when I submitted the supplemental) and I got my interview invite about a week ago for Feb 13th (all the other dates I have other schools)

I applied on Dec 1st (the deadline day is when I submitted the supplemental) and I got my interview invite about a week ago for Feb 13th (all the other dates I have other schools)

I submitted mine on 11/28 and I still havent even heard back for an interview. I'm so tempted to call the Admissions office!! So nerve-racking :nailbiting:

I submitted mine on 11/28 and I still havent even heard back for an interview. I'm so tempted to call the Admissions office!! So nerve-racking :nailbiting:
I did call cause I was feeling super anxious about actually getting my invite and they were really nice when I called and she was really helpful over the phone. I actually got my interview invite the next day so it'd doesn't hurt to ask

I've been following this thread for a while so I thought I would contribute some more information for those still waiting!
I turned in my application and supplemental in on 11/20/14, interviewed on 1/16/15, and received an acceptance email today (1/28/15).

Reactions: 1 user
I turned in my application and supplemental on 11/28, received an email for interview on 12/17 and set my interview for 2/6. I'm really nervous and anxious for this interview. Hopefully everything will turn out wonderful.
Does anyone have any particular reason on why they chose to apply to this program?

You're going to love this school, I promise. The interview process is very laid back and everybody is very friendly. I was so impressed by them. Just be yourself and everything will be fine.

Reactions: 3 users
I turned in my application and supplemental on 11/28, received an email for interview on 12/17 and set my interview for 2/6. I'm really nervous and anxious for this interview. Hopefully everything will turn out wonderful.
Does anyone have any particular reason on why they chose to apply to this program?

My interview is for Feb 6, too! I'm crazy nervous.

My interview is for Feb 6, too! I'm crazy nervous.

Yay! Where will you be staying at? I'm driving in from Kansas City, Missouri tomorrow night so I hope the roads aren't crazy slick and I can get there safely and have enough time to sleep a little before the interview. Are you from out of town? If so are you flying in?

is anyone still waiting for an acceptance/rejection letter? i had my interview back in december and still haven't heard back? i don't know if i should call because they said usually everything is finalized by april...

Members don't see this ad :)
i read forums from last year and people who haven't heard back after like a month are usually waitlisted :( i don't think it's even possible to get in after being waitlisted for an out of stater

Interviewed on November and still waiting. I'm with you in that we might be placed into the waitlist, but we won't know until after March 13, which is their last interview date. Anyways, anything can happen before then let's just keep our hopes up and best wishes with the rest of your admissions.

I just received an email of ADMITTANCE from Dr. Chacon! I was so happy I cried. :rofl:
I have an interview with UMKC tomorrow and they are my top choice seeing as I won't have to relocate and tuition would be cheaper. I am hoping to hear back from UMKC as fast as I did with Colorado.
For those still waiting for a respond, don't give up! People apply to different places and you never know when people will give up their spot. Hang in there!

I just received an email of ADMITTANCE from Dr. Chacon! I was so happy I cried. :rofl:
I have an interview with UMKC tomorrow and they are my top choice seeing as I won't have to relocate and tuition would be cheaper. I am hoping to hear back from UMKC as fast as I did with Colorado.
For those still waiting for a respond, don't give up! People apply to different places and you never know when people will give up their spot. Hang in there!

I got in too! So did another girl who interviewed on Feb 6! I guess our group was on top of it! :)

Interviewed 1/30. Accepted 2/12!! So happy!

Congrats!
I cannot wait to meet you all in the fall! :D

Interviewed 2/13
Got my admission from Dr. Chacon on 2/23! so excited!!!! :soexcited::soexcited:

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
I'm still waiting to hear from the school since my interview in january and starting to think that my application has been rejected since it's been so long....:(
Anybody with good news?

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
I'm still waiting to hear from the school since my interview in january and starting to think that my application has been rejected since it's been so long....:(
Anybody with good news?
I have some good news, I told them not to consider me anymore because I got accepted a better school, so there's less competition. It's pretty ****ty how they don't even send an email with status updates after the interview, made me not want to go there. Could at least have to decency to tell me if I've been waitlisted.

For those of you that interviewed recently, did they disclose how many spots are still available?

Also, I received an email stating that I need to retake a few of the pre-requisite classes because they were taken more than 7 years ago, unless my subsequent academic or work experiences relate directly to the coursework. It said that I can submit a request form with a statement on why I should be granted a waiver for the course work, which I am also able to use my PCAT score as justification. Did anyone else get a similar message? If so, what was the result? I graduated undergrad 5 years ago but I just took the PCAT July of 2013 and got a 92, so clearly I still know the material. I'm interviewing on Friday and just curious what to expect them to say as far as those older pre-req classes. Thanks! :)

interviewed 2/20, accepted 3/4!! See you all in the Fall!:)

Congratulations to those already accepted!
Do you mind sharing your GPA, PCAT and work/volunteer experience?

Congrats on everyone that was accepted! I am a current P1.
So this comes up every year regarding the Advanced English class. I have talked to the instructor today and learned that couple of you will be taking that class this summer. I am looking to sublet my place if anyone is looking for a place. Let me know if you have any questions regarding that class, P1 year or sublet via message. Thanks and godlike to everyone:)

I have been waiting since November. If I haven't heard anything by tomorrow I will be contacting them. Definitely a little frustrated with the whole process

I have been waiting since November. If I haven't heard anything by tomorrow I will be contacting them. Definitely a little frustrated with the whole process
I haven't heard anything yet. I will call the admissions office tomorrow.

Two people who interviewed with me on March 13th were accepted a week after the interview. If you don't hear back by tomorrow will you contact the admissions office?
I will. It seems strange to me that they have not sent any waitlist/rejection emails yet.
Maybe it is time to start looking elsewhere.... :(

I will. It seems strange to me that they have not sent any waitlist/rejection emails yet.
Maybe it is time to start looking elsewhere.... :(
I ended up calling today! :(I was told that "Dr. Chacon was aiming to send something today, if not then definitely this week"! :banana: Now I'm nervous!

I ended up calling today! :(I was told that "Dr. Chacon was aiming to send something today, if not then definitely this week"! :banana: Now I'm nervous!
Thanks for calling the school and letting us know! Good luck! :banana:

Last edited:
Anyone else received an email from the school this morning with the new (the end of June) deadline?!

I was accepted today! Although I have to take that Advanced English class this summer! Just wanted to update anyone who is checking this board :)

I have a question for my fellow applicants who have been accepted and are working on submitting the immunization records etc. Do any of you have access to E-Value? Is there an institution code we are supposed to have?

You have a lot of time during orientation and during first couple weeks to get those administrative issues sorted out. Don't stress too hard just yet. I would bring a hard copy or have a scan somewhere on your computer and submit them when you do get access. E-value is really confusing and what not, but they will go over it with you and if you don't have access, they will definitely get it to you latest first week of school.

Contact me if those advanced english peeps need housing over the summer! sublet is available.

Thanks for the help lemon. I have access to everything else, but can't seem to figure out how to login in to e value as the login info for everything else doesn't seem to be the same. I was stressing a little, but It's good news that during orientation we sort off all that information out.

I'm a former pharmacy student of the Anschutz Medical Campus, so I'm selling my Communication Skills in Pharmacy Practice-6th edition textbook. I thought I'd let you guys know since I can relate to living on a student budget :)

This book is required for your 1st and 2nd semesters ($15): http://denver.craigslist.org/bks/5051832877.html

Last edited: