University of Colorado-Skaggs SOP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey szetok, I looked around and decided to book rooms at la Quinta inn; $89 a night, free breakfast, and it mentioned shuttle service. I have to call about the service though. It is $95 over at comfort inn right now.

Where are you staying? I don't know which is best. I called a few hotels and they have no idea what I"m talking about when I say shuttle to the school....

Members don't see this ad.

I'm flying out of Denver on Friday too. My flight leaves at 7, but I'm not worried because in the email they said to give yourself 2 hours (so 6:30 probably would have been fine). They also said in the email that they have a place at the school for you to leave your luggage, so you could just keep it with you and not leave it at the hotel.

Anyone got an update on that loan situation? That sucks big time if it's true... :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I'm currently a student here and the loan thing is not true.. I know if you are out of state, you can take out up to 50k in loans. Then, after the first year, you can apply to be considered a colorado resident for reduced tuition, but even as a resident you can take out up to 35-40k in loans. Good luck with your interviews! :)

Hey which code did you use to put in? I am trying to book it right now and it says it can't find it.

Really? If it's the same Comfort Inn I'm staying at, it should only be $69 with the coupon code they gave us.

Hey which code did you use to put in? I am trying to book it right now and it says it can't find it.

I had to call and give them the code. Maybe it was LUNICO. It was in one of the email attachments for hotels I believe

I had my interview on the 19th and the wait for a decision is going to be torturous. Reading through last year's threads, it looked like a 2-3 week turnaround for strong candidates. This year we were told acceptances will not be sent out until December. Definitely makes my other interviews more interesting now.

I had my interview on the 19th and the wait for a decision is going to be torturous. Reading through last year's threads, it looked like a 2-3 week turnaround for strong candidates. This year we were told acceptances will not be sent out until December. Definitely makes my other interviews more interesting now.

This is seriously a screwed up system. Schools want such a rapid turnaround when it comes to accepting or declining an offer, yet it takes so long to hear back on their part. It's almost like you just have to go to the first school that accepts you...and then if you do you just wasted all that money on flights to interviews that you're not even going to anymore :confused:

But yeah for the Comfort Inn, call and use LUNICO.

Reactions: 1 user
This is seriously a screwed up system. Schools want such a rapid turnaround when it comes to accepting or declining an offer, yet it takes so long to hear back on their part. It's almost like you just have to go to the first school that accepts you...and then if you do you just wasted all that money on flights to interviews that you're not even going to anymore :confused:

But yeah for the Comfort Inn, call and use LUNICO.

They want that $1000 deposit and oh well if you go to another school, they just keep it.

They want that $1000 deposit and oh well if you go to another school, they just keep it.
On the bright side, it seems that a lot of schools understand the situation they put you in with the quick deposit deadline after acceptance. At the other schools I have been accepted to, I simply called and asked for an extension because I'm waiting to hear back from CO. Here's to hoping I hear back in early December. I REALLY want to go here.

On the bright side, it seems that a lot of schools understand the situation they put you in with the quick deposit deadline after acceptance. At the other schools I have been accepted to, I simply called and asked for an extension because I'm waiting to hear back from CO. Here's to hoping I hear back in early December. I REALLY want to go here.

How much of an extension did those schools give you? I should have asked for an extension too. I just paid a deposit last week.

How much of an extension did those schools give you? I should have asked for an extension too. I just paid a deposit last week.
They ranged from 2 weeks(at most) to almost 4 weeks(I told them I was expecting to hear back in December). Luck of the draw I guess. I had to withdraw interviews from other schools to save some costs.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I am a graduate of CU, z PharmD program......I am a working pharmacist now...
this is my advice...if you want to lose sleep, hook to drugs, become alcoholic, forget your sport activities, .......accept admission from this school, almost everyone in my class had to fail at least one exam, ......they have something called CPC 'Clinical Patient Consultation',.....this is a course of 9 credits in the spring of the third year....the course is divided into three parts 1- Verbal Question Exam 2- Written Exam 3- Case presentation....no matter how excellent you were in P1, P2, P3 fall....failing in this Killer CPC exam...will fail you out of the class....
most of the faculty are not helpful, they patronize their students, they teach you as if you are going to be an MD, most the professors think highly of them selves,,,,,
I assure you you will regret your decision to accept their admission,,,,,
every day in this school is nightmare to many of the students.....
Failure rate is so high in this school compared to the other schools in the US....
approximately an average of 10 to 15 students fail out of their class .....
your GPA, or your PCAT elegant scores will not protect you from failing many courses in this school......I have never seen students who hate their school this much as in CU....the school is facing many lawsuits.....I heard that the school buys their ex-students silence by settling with them in monetary values......
Watch out ...think tens of time...........ask to verify what I just told you....

Last edited:
this is my advice...if you want to lose sleep, hook to drugs, become alcoholic, forget your sport activities, .......accept admission from this school, almost everyone in my class had to fail at least one exam, ......they have something called CPC 'Clinical Patient Consultation',.....this is a course of 9 credits in the spring of the third year....the course is divided into three parts 1- Verbal Question Exam 2- Written Exam 3- Case presentation....no matter how excellent you were in P1, P2, P3 fall....failing in this Killer CPC exam...will fail you out of the class....
most of the faculty are not helpful, they patronize their students, they teach you as if you are going to be an MD, most the professors think highly of them selves,,,,,
Failure rate is so high in this school compared to the other schools in the US....
your GPA, or your PCAT elegant scores will not protect you from failing many courses in this school......I have never seen students who hate their school this much as in CU....the school is facing many lawsuits.....I heard that the school buys their ex-students silence by settling with them in monetary values......
Watch out ...think tens of time...........ask to verify what I just told you..

Watch out ...think tens of time...........ask to verify what I just told you..:smuggrin::thumbdown:

Reactions: 1 user
Watch out ...think tens of time...........ask to verify what I just told you..:smuggrin::thumbdown:

Thanks for all the information!

Hey guys,

I am a P2 at CU, so if you have any questions, please ask!

Hey guys,

How do you feel about the larger class size? I go to a small university, so I am used to small classes and accessible professors. Most of the schools I applied to are 60 - 90 students because I was looking more for a smaller class, but I think I fell in love when I was visiting Denver. :)
Have you been able to get to know you classmates and professors pretty well in you experience so far?

Hey guys,

Is there any truth to what "CPC2012" stated above? UCDenver is tied for #1 on my list of schools to attend (tied with the University of Arizona). It just seems like he/she is a disgruntled student/employee.

Got my interview for Nov 16! Who else is going?

That's where I'm staying too!

awesome! the reviews say the food is junk and the staff sucks. oh well, who cares? i'm only there to sleep and kick butt on the interview right?

awesome! the reviews say the food is junk and the staff sucks. oh well, who cares? i'm only there to sleep and kick butt on the interview right?

I've yet to have a free breakfast that hasn't been junk.

I have an interview for this Friday, November 9. Who else does?

Has anyone heard from the school yet?
I am talking about regular interview, not early decision.
I interview on Oct. 26 and haven't heard from them since.
The 2016 and 2015 cycle had people notified 1-2 weeks after interview.
I really REALLY want to go to CU Denver.

Has anyone heard from the school yet?
I am talking about regular interview, not early decision.
I interview on Oct. 26 and haven't heard from them since.
The 2016 and 2015 cycle had people notified 1-2 weeks after interview.
I really REALLY want to go to CU Denver.
I interviewed on the 19th of October and they told us they wouldn't notify us of anything until the beginning of December.

I interviewed on the 19th of October and they told us they wouldn't notify us of anything until the beginning of December.

Same here. They said December at the EARLIEST...so that's proably if they loved you. She said they give out aceptance/wait list offers all they way until March or April though. So put down your deposit elswehere and cross your fingers :lame:

Hi for those who took oral proficency exam,
I am not a native speaker and I hae oral proficency exam tomorrow. I am wondering what kinds of questions were asked and how to prepare for them.

Thanks,

HI all,
I just had my proficiency oral exam today. I was really nervous, which caused me to speak incoherently. Since I am not a native speaker, I am concerned that I won't be invited for the on campus interview.
Has anyone of you guys encountered the experience of not being invited to the on-campus interview after the oral proficiency interview?
If you have, please let me know. :scared:
Thanks.

For those who got invited for the interview, I would like to know whether you guys had oral proficiency interview as well. If you did, when was it? I just got mine yesterday and I am nerve wrecking for being a non- native speaker.:(

Hello guys,

There is a Facebook group set up for incoming students in the class of 2017. The group is meant as a means of communications for the future pharmacy students in the class. There are some current students in the group, who may help answer questions. Feel free to join the group.

Here's the link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/358020330941959/

Thanks!

For those who got invited for the interview, I would like to know whether you guys had oral proficiency interview as well. If you did, when was it? I just got mine yesterday and I am nerve wrecking for being a non- native speaker.:(
Hi Ayae, I did my OPI on 11/13 and got an interview invite via email on 11/14. They say that it takes them 2-3 weeks to reply after the OPI but from what it seems like, most people hear back within the following few days afterwards. Keeping fingers crossed for ya :)

I'm quite anxious for my interview on Friday. It'll be my first one. Any tips for a first-timer? I know about SDN feedback.

I'm quite anxious for my interview on Friday. It'll be my first one. Any tips for a first-timer? I know about SDN feedback.
CU was also my first interview and I was super nervous! So just try to do ur best and not let the nerves get the best of you. ;) as you prob already know.. It's closed file and there will be two interviewers..usually a faculty member and community RPh. Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck! ;)

CU was also my first interview and I was super nervous! So just try to do ur best and not let the nerves get the best of you. ;) as you prob already know.. It's closed file and there will be two interviewers..usually a faculty member and community RPh. Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck! ;)

Thanks. Can most of the interview questions be found from SDN interview feedback? Was it a relaxed interview?

Thanks. Can most of the interview questions be found from SDN interview feedback? Was it a relaxed interview?
Yep..def look over the interview feedback section..my questions were very general.."tell me about yourself," "why pharmacy..why CU..how do u stand out compared to other applicants.. I didn't feel like this interview was as relaxing as my other interviews, but it may have been because I was über nervous. But I know that they will try and help you feel relaxed.. The students are extremely welcoming and you get to hang out with them prior to your interview, so I think that def helps. If your in the second group to be interviewed, you'll have the whole day to really absorb the campus before you actually meet with your interviewers..

Is there any truth to what "CPC2012" stated above? UCDenver is tied for #1 on my list of schools to attend (tied with the University of Arizona). It just seems like he/she is a disgruntled student/employee.

I wonder if there is any truth to that person's post too.. Side note: UCD and UofA are my first choices too! I really hope to get into UofA this cycle because I think they're switching to PharmCAS next year

Just got my acceptance e-mail!!!!

Interviewed on 10/26.