University of Colorado-Skaggs SOP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
thanks! sorry i don't remember many names from that day. i remember having a real conversation with only a few people. is CU your first choice?
It's okay.. The interview was awhile ago..so I don't blame you.. And I'm a Colorado native, so CU is def my first choice..how about you?.. I know your in betwn OU and CU, but I'm surprised OU isn't your top choice since that's where your from.

Members don't see this ad.

I just remember that there was one asian guy in our group that was from Oklahoma.. So it may have also been you? Were you in group 4 with Cecilia Romero? Anyhow..have you heard back from CU?

I don't remember which group I was in, but it wasn't that one. I heard back from CU and am on the wait list. I went ahead and paid the deposit for OU. CU is a great school, but I don't have to move if I stay with OU.

Anyone from the Nov 30th interview know when we are going to hear back?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just remember that there was one asian guy in our group that was from Oklahoma.. So it may have also been you? Were you in group 4 with Cecilia Romero? Anyhow..have you heard back from CU?

honestly, i don't remember which group i was in but i was the asian guy wearings glasses from OK unless there is another asian guy from OK who wore glasses too lol. i introduced myself as Danny if that rings a bell.

It's okay.. The interview was awhile ago..so I don't blame you.. And I'm a Colorado native, so CU is def my first choice..how about you?.. I know your in betwn OU and CU, but I'm surprised OU isn't your top choice since that's where your from.
after being in OK for over 10 years, i want to get out and go somewhere new and meet people. however, if i do stay in OK, the tuition and cost of living will be much cheaper. i'll get to stay close to my friends and family. also, i have several friends who are going/have gone through the program so i would easily be able to ask for help and suggestions

after being in OK for over 10 years, i want to get out and go somewhere new and meet people. however, if i do stay in OK, the tuition and cost of living will be much cheaper. i'll get to stay close to my friends and family. also, i have several friends who are going/have gone through the program so i would easily be able to ask for help and suggestions
Yes.. I remember you! There were two Asian girls in our group..I was the one sitting on the other side of the table.. My name is Lien and I think I was the only one from CO at our table. Anyways..yeah I totally see why you'd want to leave..time to explore a new city/new life..i was also accepted to a school in FL and was really contemplating on moving..but i took the easy road out..staying home would just be easier ;/ And if it helps... Denver is amazing! :)

honestly, i don't remember which group i was in but i was the asian guy wearings glasses from OK unless there is another asian guy from OK who wore glasses too lol. i introduced myself as Danny if that rings a bell.

I didn't even know we were in groups... unless it was the activity groups you guys are talking about.

I remember you. I was the Asian girl who said you looked like someone I knew, but it wasn't possible since you were from Oklahoma and I don't know anyone from OK.

I was on the 11/30 interview as well and very anxious for a reply! This school is my top pick.

the trend seems to be about 4-5 weeks.. so you guys should hear back any day now... good luck!

I didn't even know we were in groups... unless it was the activity groups you guys are talking about.

I remember you. I was the Asian girl who said you looked like someone I knew, but it wasn't possible since you were from Oklahoma and I don't know anyone from OK.
there were actually 2 asian girls that day who told me that i looked like someone they knew lol. i'm really bad with names too. what's your situation looking like?

Yes.. I remember you! There were two Asian girls in our group..I was the one sitting on the other side of the table.. My name is Lien and I think I was the only one from CO at our table. Anyways..yeah I totally see why you'd want to leave..time to explore a new city/new life..i was also accepted to a school in FL and was really contemplating on moving..but i took the easy road out..staying home would just be easier ;/ And if it helps... Denver is amazing! :)

I remember you! I was sitting across from you during the group activity :) It's so nice to hear that we all got in!

I remember you! I was sitting across from you during the group activity :) It's so nice to hear that we all got in!
Hey! I'm sorry what was your name again? You were the girl from CA right? But Congrats!!..So will you be accepting the offer of admission?

Did anyone submit their acceptance paperwork yet? I did, and I haven't heard anything back for about 2 weeks now... but I am hoping that it is due to the holidays and that the admission committee is not in the office during those times.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone submit their acceptance paperwork yet? I did, and I haven't heard anything back for about 2 weeks now... but I am hoping that it is due to the holidays and that the admission committee is not in the office during those times.

Just received my confirmation email this morning! :)

Interviewed 11/30 - Finally got acceptance email today!!!!

I just got a letter of acceptance! So happy! :D

also was offered an acceptance letter today. interviewed 12/08, great school.

Got my letter yesterday!!! I'm psyched, I'll be seeing y'all this August!

Here is something else to consider, while at work the other day, our pharmacy intern said he heard that Skaggs SOP offers fourth years reduced tuition. I looked into it a bit and found one statement on the school website saying that they pay 1/3rd of the normal tuition. Any more info on this? It does make sense as most of your time is spent at offsite anyways.

Here is something else to consider, while at work the other day, our pharmacy intern said he heard that Skaggs SOP offers fourth years reduced tuition. I looked into it a bit and found one statement on the school website saying that they pay 1/3rd of the normal tuition. Any more info on this? It does make sense as most of your time is spent at offsite anyways.

From their website, the total tuition for the fourth year is about the same as previous years. The only difference is that the school splits the tuition in thirds, one for each semester. Fourth year students have a summer semester.

hi all! i was wondering if anyone could tell me roughly how long it took to receive an interview invite after PharmCAS was mailed out. Also, I think I will have to do the English proficiency interview... any insight into this? Thanks in advance

From their website, the total tuition for the fourth year is about the same as previous years. The only difference is that the school splits the tuition in thirds, one for each semester. Fourth year students have a summer semester.

Ah, I see. The combination of my co-worker and some confusing wording got my hopes up... Thanks for the clarification!

Is it true that out of state students can gain residency and in-state tuition after the first year? Does anybody have more details on this? Thanks!

Is it true that out of state students can gain residency and in-state tuition after the first year? Does anybody have more details on this? Thanks!

True, from what I was told you simply have to apply for it after your first year.

Hello everyone! I interviewed on 11/30 and I'm anxiously waiting for some news. Congrats to all those who have made it! Has anyone received an acceptance letter on any day other than Friday? I've read recent posts and it seems like Friday is a common day that the school sends out letters.

Last edited:
True, from what I was told you simply have to apply for it after your first year.

I was told you have to show some intent of staying in Colorado. My tour guide said the two things I should do is get CO driver's license and register to vote in CO.

Just scheduled my English proficiency oral interview for late next week... Can anyone who has completed the OPI give me any advice or insight? What were some questions they asked you? Thanks!

Just scheduled my English proficiency oral interview for late next week... Can anyone who has completed the OPI give me any advice or insight? What were some questions they asked you? Thanks!
Chinita009, I had to do an OPI as well. The lady on the phone was very nice and all you have to do is carry out a conversation as you normally would on the phone. They just want to assess your speaking ability, so the content doesn't matter (but of course don't leave the wrong impression by saying something extremely outlandish). You don't have to prepare anything for it. It was actually pretty fun for me because we both got to know each other and had a great conversation. :) And if you were wondering, I have been accepted into the school.

Hi guys, I'm currently a P4 at CU Denver (I refuse to use the school's new name =p). If you guys have any questions about the area or rotations hit me up in this thread or with PMs. I can also curriculum questions too but alot of the first year is different now so I wont have as much info on that.

Hi guys, I'm currently a P4 at CU Denver (I refuse to use the school's new name =p). If you guys have any questions about the area or rotations hit me up in this thread or with PMs. I can also curriculum questions too but alot of the first year is different now so I wont have as much info on that.

Where do you recommend as a place to live? And what can I expect to pay for housing? I've sadly gotten very used to paying 300$/month + utilities, haha.

Thanks in advance!

Chinita009, I had to do an OPI as well. The lady on the phone was very nice and all you have to do is carry out a conversation as you normally would on the phone. They just want to assess your speaking ability, so the content doesn't matter (but of course don't leave the wrong impression by saying something extremely outlandish). You don't have to prepare anything for it. It was actually pretty fun for me because we both got to know each other and had a great conversation. :) And if you were wondering, I have been accepted into the school.

Thanks a lot for your input! And congrats on ur acceptance. Will you be attending?

Where do you recommend as a place to live? And what can I expect to pay for housing? I've sadly gotten very used to paying 300$/month + utilities, haha.

Thanks in advance!

City lights is one of the more cheap and affordable options and its about 10 mins away from campus. If you looking for something closer to 300 a month, I would look into renting a house with some classmates.

Thanks a lot for your input! And congrats on ur acceptance. Will you be attending?
Thanks, Chinita009! I am not sure if I will be attending yet because I have interviews with some schools in my state, Texas, this semester so I am still waiting for those results.

I got my acceptance email today! I'm excited and sad at the same time. I didn't enroll in any classes this semester because I had a surgery scheduled and the other school I got in to said I didn't need any more classes. Colorado said I needed 5 more classes. Looks like I have to forgo my acceptance. Hopefully another wait lister will get it.

I got my acceptance email today! I'm excited and sad at the same time. I didn't enroll in any classes this semester because I had a surgery scheduled and the other school I got in to said I didn't need any more classes. Colorado said I needed 5 more classes. Looks like I have to forgo my acceptance. Hopefully another wait lister will get it.
Awww...that sucks. Did they tell you before this semester that you needed to take more classes? Because if they didn't, you could probably get them to agree to take classes over the summer or something...just a thought. :)

Awww...that sucks. Did they tell you before this semester that you needed to take more classes? Because if they didn't, you could probably get them to agree to take classes over the summer or something...just a thought. :)

They told me in December that I needed some more classes. I looked into them but didn't really think I would be accepted since I was on the wait list. In went ahead and scheduled my surgery. Can't walk for 6 weeks.

How soon will the school get back to you after the interview? It seems like they interview every Friday of the month and decide at the end of every month (4-5 weeks)?

I got an interview invite the day right after my OPI. I can't wait for my extended visit and interview on 2/15! :)

As much as I loved the school and the program, I am turning down my acceptance. Best of luck to everyone!

I got the link to E*Value website and I haven't been accepted yet, waitlisted :(
I was wondering if I would still get an acceptance e-mail, or would they just tell me through the E*Value site?
This is kind of a minor problem, sorry.

I got the link to E*Value website and I haven't been accepted yet, waitlisted :(
I was wondering if I would still get an acceptance e-mail, or would they just tell me through the E*Value site?
This is kind of a minor problem, sorry.

I got that evalue site link, then later got an acceptance email. I was wait listed also.