University of Florida Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm did my undergrad at UF in microbiology (3.0 GPA) and I am finishing up my masters in public health at UF now, graduate in spring (3.65 GPA). I've worked for 5 years in a lab, with the last 2 years doing infectious disease research where I have been published. Also, I am doing my masters internship at UF's COP in an infectious disease pharmacokinetics lab.

The thing is I don't take the PCAT until Jan 11, and I am submitting my PharmCAS and UF supplemental in a week or so (still writing this pesky personal statement).

So my question is what do you guys think of them receiving my application without PCAT scores? Does that hinder my chances? If I do well on my PCAT... I'm aiming for 85 or above... what do you think my chances are?

:confused::eek::thumbup:?:thumbdown:?

Personally, I think your stats are great:thumbup:. Not that many applicants have MPH:love: under their belt let alone have internship opportunity at UF COP :).
Make sure to turn all your application materials (including the UF grad supplementary and two rec letters) before the deadline (February 1st)! I hope you do well on your PCAT :xf:Best of luck :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your Gpa is within the competitive range and the fact that you are are wrapping a masters is a plus and a slight edge. Your good in the "extracurriculars" which lets them know 1) you enjoy research and 2) knowledge of the field. Since your research is more involved than most, that is once again an advantage. But the second most important thing for UF if not the single most is the PCAT. Last year the cutoff for PCAT was a 65 but obviously the other areas in the application need to be more impressive. I say a 70 or higher is guaranteed in coupled with competitive GPA meaning 3.5 and up. Its good to get pharmcas in and over with because that is a huge waiting game and takes forever especially as it gets later in the app cycle. So, get that in early, supp turned in and all that will have to be waiting for is the PCAT. Also, it does not hurt or aid your chances if all material is not turned in at once. My pharmcas was turned in 2 weeks before my PCAT finally posted then that got mailed. My supp was turned in a month prior to all that. All in all your chances are 99.99% if your PCAT is 70 or higher to get an interview. After that its all up to your interpersonal skills! Good luck!

2 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!

How are you guys preparing? Ive been going over the typical questions: Tell me about yourself, Why pharmacy?, Why UF? etc., but does anyone else have any advice?

Also, are you guys wearing suits? I got a cute one at the Limited, but I just dont think wearing a blazer is comfortable.....

Members don't see this ad :)
2 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!

How are you guys preparing? Ive been going over the typical questions: Tell me about yourself, Why pharmacy?, Why UF? etc., but does anyone else have any advice?

Also, are you guys wearing suits? I got a cute one at the Limited, but I just dont think wearing a blazer is comfortable.....

I'm reading over my PharmCAS in case they ask questions about my grades and extracurricular activities in depth. I'm also reviewing what I wrote for the UF Supplementary essay questions since it covers questions about my personality, why pharmacy, and why UF.

Also, I just found out that SDN has a pharmacy school interview feedback webpage. UF COP one is found here: :love:
http://studentdoctor.net/schools/school/ufl-pharm/survey/29
I hope this is helpful! [Edit: not much information here...]

I'm going to wear a skirt suit and am definitely keeping the blazer on because it's cold :scared:

Good luck to those interviewing on December 1st:luck: Looking forward to meeting some of you in person:)

Last edited:
Good luck everyone on the interview tomorrow. I'm submitting my supplemental tomorrow, I hope to hear something good for the upcoming interview dates. Also, waiting on word from USF, though I'm hoping UF will accept me first! :)

2 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone I am a 2pd now and here are just some helpful tips. Everyone at my interview was pretty dressed up last year, and you want to impress the interviewers! Just make sure you are comfortable because they may give you a tour after. They most likely will not ask about your grades or experience. Most questions are situational..."tell me about a time when...", "how would you handle...". During these situational questions is where you can add input on some of your experience. They do like to throw out some random questions every now and then but nothing you can't handle, they just want to make sure you have a good communication skills. And just be yourself and relax....I'm pretty sure 90% or more of the people who interviewed last year got accepted :) So congrats on getting an interview!

Interview went great! Super comfortable and easy going in my opinion :) they said we should hear back early next week about conditional acceptances :love: they are really quick!

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY!!!

Wow, that is fast! Congrats on the interview, I'm sure it isn't as bad as it seems. I could have sworn there was a $30 fee for the supplemental application, did they take that away from last year? USF made me pay that. :/

Hey guys, I hope everyones interview went well! Mine was pretty easy even though I was super nervous! When I get nervous, I tend to talk on and on, but hopefully they didn't mind. I really got the impression that the interview was just a formality, but I guess its not good to be overly confident! But really, for those with upcoming interviews, please don't be nervous because they are super nice and they just want to get to know you a little better.

Good luck everyone, you'll do great!! :)

Wow, that is fast! Congrats on the interview, I'm sure it isn't as bad as it seems. I could have sworn there was a $30 fee for the supplemental application, did they take that away from last year? USF made me pay that. :/

When you finish your UF graduate school application, you have to pay $30 in order to submit the application so I think that's the supplementary fee you're talking about :)

Interview went well for me too :)
Both interviewers were very nice and the interview was conversational. Only nerve wrecking part about the whole interview day was the fact that I had to wait almost an hour before my name was called for an interview :laugh:
I heard that UF COP tend to interview people they want to accept (which explains 90% acceptance rate post-interview), so hopefully I'll hear good news back from them within a week:xf:

Good luck everyone:luck:

I got my conditional acceptance email today!!!!! :):):):):):):):)

Good luck everyone, I hope to meet some St. Peters soon!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted to Gainesville! :biglove:

Congratulations on acceptances everybody :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Hey could you guys help me. I submitted my app on pharmcas and didn't see any supplemental information for pharmcas. I went on UF's website and completed their supplemental entry level pharm.D application and paid a $30 fee. I did not see any essays though.... I saw people on this forum talking about short essays. When did you guys do them? Please help lol I'm afraid I missed something stupid

P.S. I've got a 3.84 gpa, 3.77 science, 88 composite PCAT with chem and bio my stronget areas. Think I have a good shot? I don't have a BS ( did all prereqs and a state collge not university)

Hey could you guys help me. I submitted my app on pharmcas and didn't see any supplemental information for pharmcas. I went on UF's website and completed their supplemental entry level pharm.D application and paid a $30 fee. I did not see any essays though.... I saw people on this forum talking about short essays. When did you guys do them? Please help lol I'm afraid I missed something stupid

P.S. I've got a 3.84 gpa, 3.77 science, 88 composite PCAT with chem and bio my stronget areas. Think I have a good shot? I don't have a BS ( did all prereqs and a state collge not university)
the essays are found at:: http://copnt13.cop.ufl.edu/ned/formgen/ppe12.htm

good luck!

Thanks so much for the help!! Hope to see you guys their in the fall!

Think I have a good shot at getting in with my gpa and PCAT?

Thanks so much for the help!! Hope to see you guys their in the fall!

Think I have a good shot at getting in with my gpa and PCAT?

Yes- with some extracurriculars on top of that you're in great shape :)

http://www.palmbeachstate.edu/Documents/Academic_Services/Pharmacy_(PharmD_Track2)_SAS_010810.pdf

"Transfer students will be fully accepted into the UF Pharm D Program without completing the Pre-Anatomy & Physiology and communication courses (assuming they meet all the other admissions requirements), but they will be advised to complete the Anatomy & Physiology courses at UF (if not already completed at the community college) in Summer A&B prior to starting at any time prior to completing the program"

Does anyone know anyone who did this?

http://www.palmbeachstate.edu/Documents/Academic_Services/Pharmacy_(PharmD_Track2)_SAS_010810.pdf

"Transfer students will be fully accepted into the UF Pharm D Program without completing the Pre-Anatomy & Physiology and communication courses (assuming they meet all the other admissions requirements), but they will be advised to complete the Anatomy & Physiology courses at UF (if not already completed at the community college) in Summer A&B prior to starting at any time prior to completing the program"

Does anyone know anyone who did this?

:eek: I've never heard of this before, but it sounds like a sweet deal! Maybe e-mail Ms. Yokomi and see if she can direct you to someone (dean?).... or wait for other SDNer's response just to make sure :confused:

I was offered an interview on 1/12 at the St. Pete campus but i declined on Monday. That opens up another spot for someone else! Good luck to all! Happy Holidays :):luck:

If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the Official Roll Call for Class of 2015/2016. Please post in the sticky thread your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).

Here is the link to the sticky thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=847419

:):thumbup:

Best wishes to all those applying. For those accepted, correct me if I'm wrong- NO DEPOSIT FEE FOR UF!

I applied! How long do they take to get back to you?

Ok, cool. I finished my supplemental on 12/16. I have a friend at st. pete and she really likes it there. Would you mind sharing your stats?

Congratulations on your Nova acceptance! I'm sure you will love it! :thumbup:

Message me or tweet me if you have questions. I will try to tell you everything. Best luck!

Anyone know about UF late acceptance? Like if you were to apply in January instead of early October?

Also... can somebody tell me more about the TOEFL? Has anyone here taken it/required etc.?

Dang holidays slowing down the process..joking. Anyone else out there hearing about when they will send out the next batch of interviews...nervous..:scared: Took PCAT (92nd) and had a 3.67 GPA. Any advice about my chances of getting the "golden ticket" of an interview from people that have already recieved one. Many thanks ahead!!

Dang holidays slowing down the process..joking. Anyone else out there hearing about when they will send out the next batch of interviews...nervous..:scared: Took PCAT (92nd) and had a 3.67 GPA. Any advice about my chances of getting the "golden ticket" of an interview from people that have already recieved one. Many thanks ahead!!

Along with any pharmacy experience, extracurriculars, work, etc., I'd say you're in great shape. I know they are veryyy busy but we just started getting emails again this week so they're back in action! Good luck :)

Yea did the a few shadowings, volunteering at women's shelter and local hospital, and extra curriculars while in college and working as a tutor. Just sometimes (especially since UF is a high ranking Pharmacy Program) that this is not enough. Can make people paranoid sometimes hahah :)

Yea did the a few shadowings, volunteering at women's shelter and local hospital, and extra curriculars while in college and working as a tutor. Just sometimes (especially since UF is a high ranking Pharmacy Program) that this is not enough. Can make people paranoid sometimes hahah :)

When did you apply and did you take the TOEFL?

When did you apply and did you take the TOEFL?

PharmCAS oficially mailed in app mid December, and I called to confirm they had everything. I dont have to take tge TOEFL since English is my first language. Am I mistaken that I need to tale it.

Im sure you'll be fine... which campus?

Gainsville first choice and Orlando second choice.

I just got an interview at Gainseville on Jan 20th!!! Woot woot :). Pretty nervous! lol Any tips for the interview process would be much appreciated. I read that if you have an interview then the school will most likely accept you. Can anybody confirm this?

I just got an interview at Gainseville on Jan 20th!!! Woot woot :). Pretty nervous! lol Any tips for the interview process would be much appreciated. I read that if you have an interview then the school will most likely accept you. Can anybody confirm this?

Yes, that is true. They used to put out the stats, it was over 95% acceptance. They only interview applicants they plan to accept.

Thanks so much for the info owlegrad! looking at the interview section of sdn and questions asked before. Very grateful to all who left feedback!

I'm interviewing at the St. Pete campus on Thursday 1/12. I've heard the same as others have said regarding if you have an interview, unless you really screw it up, you will likely be accepted.

Good luck to all who are interviewing at St. Pete tomorrow, can't wait to hear how it goes. I look forward to starting school and meeting everyone :)

See eveyone else in G-ville Jan 20...relieved!!! :D

I just got an email this morning that I have been accepted for an interview to the UF St. Pete campus, the date TBD. I'm so thrilled! :D