University of Hawaii at Hilo COP - Applicants for 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just received the interview confirmation email. I chose the Hilo, HI b/c it is close to the south korea where i am now. I booked the flight, hotel and plus rent car. it costs almost 2k( $1850...).:eek: I feel so thankful to my husband who supports me. :love:
I applied several schools and received the interview offers. but the main school i want to attend is UH, Hilo. I am trying to delay other school's interview date.
Anyway, my interview will be at 9:00 AM in Hilo.
hope to see you all

Members don't see this ad.

I just received the interview confirmation email. I chose the Hilo, HI b/c it is close to the south korea where i am now. I booked the flight, hotel and plus rent car. it costs almost 2k( $1850...).:eek: I feel so thankful to my husband who supports me. :love:
I applied several schools and received the interview offers. but the main school i want to attend is UH, Hilo. I am trying to delay other school's interview date.
Anyway, my interview will be at 9:00 AM in Hilo.
hope to see you all

keren,

After hearing about your travel costs I don't think I have anything to complain about! :D Your stats are impressive so I think you have an excellent chance to get in your first choice - Hilo! What day is your interview?

keren,

After hearing about your travel costs I don't think I have anything to complain about! :D Your stats are impressive so I think you have an excellent chance to get in your first choice - Hilo! What day is your interview?

I have my interview at 9:00 AM in Hilo, HI 12/18/09. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
when did you submit both the pharmcas and supp applicaiton for this school?

PharmCAS- 10/25/09 esubmitted and 11/2/09 mailed
supplemental- around 11/12/09?
confirmation of complete application- 11/16/09
interview offer- 11/18/09
confirmation of interview- 11/20/09

PharmCAS- 10/25/09 esubmitted and 11/2/09 mailed
supplemental- around 11/12/09?
confirmation of complete application- 11/16/09
interview offer- 11/18/09
confirmation of interview- 11/20/09

Hi Keren!
Your stats are beyond excellent so I'm sure you'll get into your first choice! I wish I could say the same about me but my stats are no where close to yours. Good luck!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone! :)

Back from Thanksgiving and looks like I didn't miss much!

Hey all,

It seems most people are having their interview in Las Vegas. I thought I would start a roll call for everyone who has an interview @ HILO. I have mine on 12/11/09 @ 9:30am. I think I will stay there for the weekend to see how the city is, the students, e.t.c. If anyone has the interview around this time, and would like to hangout or just talk about the interview, let me know, I think we can help each other....good luck to all

I'm actually sat at 11 as well!

Johnsuu,

Thanks for the info! I added you to our roll call.

Roll Call - Las Vegas - 12/10
10:00 - Dreamer57

Roll Call - Las Vegas - 12/12

8:30 - Kern
9:30 - Johnsuu
10:00 - Sasmw2
11:00 - Rx Girl/Forrest Gump

I cancelled my interview Saturday at 9 so someone MIGHT be able to reschedule? Good luck everyone!

why have i not heard from this school?
im so sad. sent my app around the first of november but paige said they are still reviewing my application.

is it supposed to take this long?

Members don't see this ad :)
im so sad. sent my app around the first of november but paige said they are still reviewing my application.

i think the cut off for this round of interviews might of been in october so you might have to wait for the next round. im sure you will hear from them soon

my bad...wrong thread. it was meant for sullivan university.

Ok, 4 more days until my interview on Thursday! Ahhhhhhhh! I'm sooo excited, anxious, and scared!

last college finals this week for me too! woot! good luck!

I'm only flying into vegas for the day; I'm going directly from the airport to the hotel so hopefully nothing is delayed! I'm not sure what to do to kill time before my flight back though...

Three interviews at 11? Ours must be the most popular time lol :D

Finishing up my finals this week and heading to Vegas next Friday!

Me too! Are you interviewing in Hilo? What time is your interview?

S1MPLYc0mplex, no, I will be in Las Vegas. I would definitely like to hear about your experience in Hilo. I wish I could've gone but the flights were just too high when I looked it up and I couldn't get off that much time off from work. Good luck!

Just a reminder to all those interviewing - please post interview feedback after you return! Thanks!:D

Man, I'll be happy when my finals are over!

Me too! Are you interviewing in Hilo? What time is your interview?

Simplyc0mplex.....I am interviewing @ Hilo on Friday 11th, what time and day are you interviewing?

Is everyone excited and nervous? Hey, at least you get to travel to Las Vegas or Hawaii :) It's too cold here in Atlanta, am looking forward to 80 degrees @ Hilo

i'm squealing with excitement, can't wait to meet some of the SDNers in Las Vegas.

last week of classes...God please let this week go fast.

Last final tomorrow - look out Vegas!:D

Last time I checked the weather it is 30 degrees cooler in Vegas than where I'm coming from (Orlando). Kern - I expect it will be like a heat wave :eek: to you since you're coming from Alaska lol.

anything beats 15 degrees. ANYTHING. hahaha :laugh:

anything beats 15 degrees. ANYTHING. hahaha :laugh:

left san diego with a thin sweater when it was 60 degrees and arrived in vegas last night. I t hink my face froze for awhile in the 34 degree weather! hahahha! it was ccccccolllllddddd for a socal girl. I'm bundled up today though! I'm so excited for tomorrow and nervous! can't wait!

left san diego with a thin sweater when it was 60 degrees and arrived in vegas last night. I t hink my face froze for awhile in the 34 degree weather! hahahha! it was ccccccolllllddddd for a socal girl. I'm bundled up today though! I'm so excited for tomorrow and nervous! can't wait!

did I mention how nervous I am? lol.

you californians, how you amuse me so. ;)

34 degrees is "toasty" when compared to what was like high of 10 degrees a couple of weeks back, but i can't complain. the folks up in fairbanks are at -9 degrees now.

i heard from a friend who goes to the school in fairbanks that the temps dipped to -40 degrees. :eek: now THAT's cold.

Anyone here have an interview yesterday? If so, how'd it go?

wish me luck guys, mine is in a few hours! :eek: I'll let you guys know how it went and such without compromising any advantages to later interviewees.......:D My interview is at 10AM :eek:

Kashkow - Thanks & good luck on your interview!:D

Yeah I received my interview invitation beginning of november and sent out my supplemental app beginning of august. I think the cut off time for round one of interviews was in october. Don't be sad. Just hang in there, I'm sure you'll get an interview soon.

Last final tomorrow - look out Vegas!:D

Last time I checked the weather it is 30 degrees cooler in Vegas than where I'm coming from (Orlando). Kern - I expect it will be like a heat wave :eek: to you since you're coming from Alaska lol.

I hope you did well on your finals forest! I'm flying out from Maine today to Vegas. I hope to meet everyone there. I won't be checking out of embassy suites until sat afternoon. My interview at Maine lasted like 4 hrs with group case studies, writing portion, 45 min interview with 2 faculty members, orientation and tour. It was very exhausting but the snow storm made it all worthwhile. One of my interviewers had an extremely deep accent so I had difficulty understanding him to even answer his questions correctly. I hope it went well overall. Crossing my fingers!

Guys, interview was great. Things to know ahead of time:

1. Interview is in the interviewer's hotel room (with another staff present):cool:
2. Yes, there is an essay. Very easy but I was stump because if I had answer it the way I wanted to, it might have made me look to negative.:eek:
3. The interviewer was super laid back and nice:thumbup:
4. All the questions from the feedback of schools on SDN was given (about 5-6 Q's). Very predictable questions, no weird ones

FINALLY, start thinking about that fictional character & why :D :thumbup:

Glad to hear it went well and for the info! If you don't mind, how long was the interview portion and is there a time limit on the essay? Also, have you met any others from the forum there? I'm sooo tired from finals but hope to get some zzzzz's tonight before my flight in the morning.

Glad to hear it went well and for the info! If you don't mind, how long was the interview portion and is there a time limit on the essay? Also, have you met any others from the forum there? I'm sooo tired from finals but hope to get some zzzzz's tonight before my flight in the morning.

Interview was 30 minutes but I think mine went a few mins over :D. Essay say 30 minutes but my interviewer said take as long as I want. It was pen only, so you have to really think it first before writing it or it'll look sloppy. Also, it was like 3/4 of a page with lines so writing space was limited. I did not met anyone from SDN because it was 2 interviewers in separate part of the hotels. There is no table/chairs outside the interview room so you kind of have to wait in the lobby downstairs before heading up to your interview 15 mins before. Check in with the front deak because there are no signs, designated waiting area, etc. I think it would have been nice if there was someone from Hilo waiting downstairs for us and to help answer any questions/concerns or even tell us a bit about Hilo. :oops:

Good luck guys!

Interview was 30 minutes but I think mine went a few mins over :D. Essay say 30 minutes but my interviewer said take as long as I want. It was pen only, so you have to really think it first before writing it or it'll look sloppy. Also, it was like 3/4 of a page with lines so writing space was limited. I did not met anyone from SDN because it was 2 interviewers in separate part of the hotels. There is no table/chairs outside the interview room so you kind of have to wait in the lobby downstairs before heading up to your interview 15 mins before. Check in with the front deak because there are no signs, designated waiting area, etc. I think it would have been nice if there was someone from Hilo waiting downstairs for us and to help answer any questions/concerns or even tell us a bit about Hilo. :oops:

Good luck guys!

I'm sooo glad its over! kaskow, those were great points. ok, my interview had about 12 to 15 questions and I was with 1 faculty member. the hotel room helped calm my nerves because it was less formal. Majority of the questions were on SDN and the others came from just our conversation. My interview lasted about 25 minutes and I can't tell if I did well or not. I felt I answered all his questions but I'm horrible at reading people. good luck every1 and be ready to talk about future of pharmacy just in case. :) let me know if you guys have any questions!

Kashkow, do you or anyone know when we'll find out? is it by email or snail mail or by phone call if we get in or rejected?

thanks for the feedback! i'm sure you guys did great!

i'm starting to get nervous!

I'm sooo glad its over! kaskow, those were great points. ok, my interview had about 12 to 15 questions and I was with 1 faculty member. the hotel room helped calm my nerves because it was less formal. Majority of the questions were on SDN and the others came from just our conversation. My interview lasted about 25 minutes and I can't tell if I did well or not. I felt I answered all his questions but I'm horrible at reading people. good luck every1 and be ready to talk about future of pharmacy just in case. :) let me know if you guys have any questions!

Kashkow, do you or anyone know when we'll find out? is it by email or snail mail or by phone call if we get in or rejected?

[QUOTE

Kashkow, do you or anyone know when we'll find out? is it by email or snail mail or by phone call if we get in or rejected?[/QUOTE]

The interviewer told me about 1 month, but it might be before Christmas at the earliest.

[QUOTE

The interviewer told me about 1 month, but it might be before Christmas at the earliest.[/QUOTE]

I know that last year I interviewed on a Saturday and got an e-mail informing me of their decision the Thursday immediately following. Of course, I interview in February, so the situation might be different now.

Last year I got my acceptance e-mail less than a week after I interviewed (I interviewed on Friday, e-mail the following Thursday). I also was interviewed in February so not sure if that makes much of a difference.

(Considering how cold it is at UCSF, it makes me wish UCSF were in Hawaii instead...:laugh:)

Last year I got my acceptance e-mail less than a week after I interviewed (I interviewed on Friday, e-mail the following Thursday). I also was interviewed in February so not sure if that makes much of a difference.

(Considering how cold it is at UCSF, it makes me wish UCSF were in Hawaii instead...:laugh:)

this will be a long month then. thanks guys for the heads up.

[QUOTE

The interviewer told me about 1 month, but it might be before Christmas at the earliest.[/QUOTE]

I interviewed last year at the first week in december, and I was notified of my acceptance on the 18th or so. They notified me by email and then sent a hard-copy of the letter by mail. Good luck!

Good luck to those interviewing today! Relax and let your passion for pharmacy shine through! :)

Those of you that are done interviewing, how do you think it went? I thought I did well. My interviewer was very nice and welcoming. She asked me about eight questions. I will put up an interview feedback form in the very near future. I am exhausted from the traveling. I hope we all hear something very soon. Keep in touch.

Those of you that are done interviewing, how do you think it went? I thought I did well. My interviewer was very nice and welcoming. She asked me about eight questions. I will put up an interview feedback form in the very near future. I am exhausted from the traveling. I hope we all hear something very soon. Keep in touch.

I felt like my interview went well. I will also post feedbacks later when interviews are completely done with. Good luck everyone! Still have my fingers crossed!

Has everyone finished the World Cultures pre-requisite? I haven't yet so I'm just wondering if you satisfied it w/something else besides the following which were from their website?

ANTH 100 Cultural Anthropology,
AG 230 Sustainable Agriculture
ENG 25 World Literature
ENG 254 World Literature
GEOG 102 Geography of World Regions
HIST 151 World Civilization
HIST 152 World Civilization
KIND 240 Culture Revitalization Movements

the best way to know for sure is to email the COP. give them your school name, course number and name, and how many credits it's worth.

i took an anthro class: rise of civilization, and they told me it satisfied the requirement.

i also had my interview yesterday, and i think it went well. i'll be sure to post updates as soon as i receive them .

good luck everyone!!! :luck: