University of Houston C/O 2020 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What do you guys think my chances of getting in are?
3.55 GPA, 92 PCAT, pharmacy experience, hospital volunteer, organization involvement, and leadership in mentoring.

I know people with better stats than myself who got rejected and am a bit worry that UH doesn't exactly focus on stats (more on the interview)
I think you have really good stats! Just do well in your interview :)

Members don't see this ad.

Received an invite today for an interview on October 2nd!

Did you get an interview?
No not yet. I spoke to Mr. Morgan Ely (Director of Pharmacy Admissions) Thursday morning and he informed me the September date was dropped and the first interview date was October 2nd. I believe that happened last year too. He called me to get clarification on part of my application, before he sent it to be reviewed.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi! so I submitted my application today and on my transcript section it still showed "not received" after I request my transcript and paid the fees on UH website 2 weeks ago. Deadline tomorrow and Im freaking out. helpppp :(

hi! so I submitted my application today and on my transcript section it still showed "not received" after I request my transcript and paid the fees on UH website 2 weeks ago. Deadline tomorrow and Im freaking out. helpppp :(
2 weeks seems a bit long... My UH transcript showed received after 8 days. Were you applying ED?

But I didnt include the transcript request form, I request it online.

If your school did not have a place for you to attach something during your online request, then it is your responsibility to call them and let them know they need to attach a transcript request form and fax it or email it to them. You can't just be, "oh well, they don't have a spot, I am just not going to do it." That is so irresponsible.

They are probably pissed that you decided to ignore their crystal clear instruction to INCLUDE TRANSCRIPT REQUEST FORM. Who knows how long they will take.

I didn't include the transcript request form for any of my 5 transcripts and my transcript were in PharmCAS no later than 7 business days.

If your school did not have a place for you to attach something during your online request, then it is your responsibility to call them and let them know they need to attach a transcript request form and fax it or email it to them. You can't just be, "oh well, they don't have a spot, I am just not going to do it." That is so irresponsible.

They are probably pissed that you decided to ignore their crystal clear instruction to INCLUDE TRANSCRIPT REQUEST FORM. Who knows how long they will take.
dude chill, they received my transcript long ago and just have not updated it on my transcript status. Thanks for being helpful.

Hello everyone!

I'm selling my Dr. Collins PCAT 2015 study package. Anybody interested please send private message.

Hello everyone!

I'm selling my Dr. Collins PCAT 2015 study package for half the normal price. Anybody interested please send private message.

Members don't see this ad :)
J
No not yet. I spoke to Mr. Morgan Ely (Director of Pharmacy Admissions) Thursday morning and he informed me the September date was dropped and the first interview date was October 2nd. I believe that happened last year too. He called me to get clarification on part of my application, before he sent it to be reviewed.
Hello, did you spoke to him in person or on the phone? I tried calling him and the voicemail said he is out of office til June something lol

J
Hello, did you spoke to him in person or on the phone? I tried calling him and the voicemail said he is out of office til June something lol
Try the student services office in SR 2. He's mostly here at the main campus, so if he's not there, someone in that office can direct you where to go.

J
I spoke to him over the phone(he called me). You can also try emailing him. He is pretty responsive.

Hello! is it possible to get a interview in October as a regular decision applicant?

Hey guys!

Got an interview on October 2

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys!

My interview is on October 2 at 11:40 AM. If anyone else is also interviewing on that day, what are ya'll times?
When did you submit your application and what day did you get the email for an invite?

Do you guys know if they can force you to retake the PCAT if you have ok composite score like 88 but around 30 for quant and reading section?

Do you guys know if they can force you to retake the PCAT if you have ok composite score like 88 but around 30 for quant and reading section?
An 88 is a solid score. I don't think they will ask you to retake.

I just received an invitation email to the October 2nd interview!

Yes I applied ED.
I did not apply for ED and pharmcas hasn't verified my app, submitted mine on 9/1. Do you think I should send my preliminary pcat score to boost up my chance getting an interview early? I have good amount of volunteer hours. And based on the supplemental docs from UNT, my sGPA is 3.77 and mine cGPA is 3.85. Almost 3 years as pharm tech.

Hey guys I'm a current PharmD student at UH (P1), and I would love to answer and any questions you might have about applying, interviewing, or about UH/UHCOP in general. Good luck to those of you applying this cycle!
Hello Romaniangirl,

Any advice or tips on the interview process would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Romaniangirl,

Any advice or tips on the interview process would be greatly appreciated.

Okay so here is an overview of what your day will look like. You will arrive to the TMC campus (MAKE SURE to come early! You do NOT want to be late. If you are unfamiliar with Houston, make sure you find the location before your interview date and leave early as Houston has horrendous traffic and parking at the TMC can sometimes be a nightmare). You will need your driver's license to get into the building. You will receive a folder with your schedule on there. There are 3 major parts to the interview: group interview, 2-1 interview, and the ambassador part. In the group interview you will be doing a group activity. The only advice I am allowed to give you is make sure you take it seriously. I know many people last year kinda blew it off, but it really is important in showing how potential pharmacists can work with others. It's not too intimidating, I promise! The 2-1 interview is just like it seems: you will have 2 faculty members (maybe a P4 student) that will interview you personally. They will ask typical interview questions: tell me a time when.....why did you choose pharmacy, etc. This is no worse than a standard job interview. They will be writing down your responses for the admissions committee so make sure to prepare by looking up standard interview questions and thinking of answers (they will also ask you questions from your pre-interview survey so be on the look out for that email). Last year the interview was closed file meaning the interviewers did not know your grades or PCAT or anything that you didn't write in your pre-interview survey and I am assuming they are doing the same thing this year. Most of the faculty members are really nice and they try to make it as comfortable as possible and try to keep it like a conversation, but not all faculty are like that so you just have to make do with who you get. The ambassador part is where you meet with current pharmacy students (usually P1s) and just chat. You can ask all about pharmacy school and whatnot. No stress involved in this part!

Overall, try to not stress as much as possible. Personally, I thought the worst part was the single interview, but honestly it was just like my job interview when I became a tech. UHCOP tries really hard to make this happen with the least amount of stress. The adcom will look at your entire file, pharmcas app/supplemental and interview so no one section is going to make or break you. You need the whole package to be accepted.

Good luck to everyone and congrats to those of you who have received an interview already! I will be seeing some of you at the ED interview on 10/2! If you have any other questions, let me know.

Reactions: 1 users
Okay so here is an overview of what your day will look like. You will arrive to the TMC campus (MAKE SURE to come early! You do NOT want to be late. If you are unfamiliar with Houston, make sure you find the location before your interview date and leave early as Houston has horrendous traffic and parking at the TMC can sometimes be a nightmare). You will need your driver's license to get into the building. You will receive a folder with your schedule on there. There are 3 major parts to the interview: group interview, 2-1 interview, and the ambassador part. In the group interview you will be doing a group activity. The only advice I am allowed to give you is make sure you take it seriously. I know many people last year kinda blew it off, but it really is important in showing how potential pharmacists can work with others. It's not too intimidating, I promise! The 2-1 interview is just like it seems: you will have 2 faculty members (maybe a P4 student) that will interview you personally. They will ask typical interview questions: tell me a time when.....why did you choose pharmacy, etc. This is no worse than a standard job interview. They will be writing down your responses for the admissions committee so make sure to prepare by looking up standard interview questions and thinking of answers (they will also ask you questions from your pre-interview survey so be on the look out for that email). Last year the interview was closed file meaning the interviewers did not know your grades or PCAT or anything that you didn't write in your pre-interview survey and I am assuming they are doing the same thing this year. Most of the faculty members are really nice and they try to make it as comfortable as possible and try to keep it like a conversation, but not all faculty are like that so you just have to make do with who you get. The ambassador part is where you meet with current pharmacy students (usually P1s) and just chat. You can ask all about pharmacy school and whatnot. No stress involved in this part!

Overall, try to not stress as much as possible. Personally, I thought the worst part was the single interview, but honestly it was just like my job interview when I became a tech. UHCOP tries really hard to make this happen with the least amount of stress. The adcom will look at your entire file, pharmcas app/supplemental and interview so no one section is going to make or break you. You need the whole package to be accepted.

Good luck to everyone and congrats to those of you who have received an interview already! I will be seeing some of you at the ED interview on 10/2! If you have any other questions, let me know.
Will there be both a morning and afternoon interview session like last year? In my email, it said I couldn't come before 11:30 because there were testing going on.

Will there be both a morning and afternoon interview session like last year? In my email, it said I couldn't come before 11:30 because there were testing going on.
No. For the 10/2 interview there will only be an afternoon session. The P3s have their exam that day from 9-11:30 so we won't have the rooms we need. I'm not sure how many people are being interview this year for ED, but there might be another ED interview the next week on 10/9, but I'm not really sure. If there aren't a lot of people being interviewed for ED, then the 10/2 date in the afternoon should be fine.

Oh I also forgot to mention, the interview process takes about 4 hours from start to finish.

Hi everyone, I'm new here.

I just got my invite yesterday for Oct 2nd but get called this morning and been told that my interview has been changed to Oct 9th. I just applied for regular. I submitted my application in middle of August and just had my preliminary pcat score sent in yesterday.

Hi everyone, I'm new here.

I just got my invite yesterday for Oct 2nd but get called this morning and been told that my interview has been changed to Oct 9th. I just applied for regular. I submitted my application in middle of August and just had my preliminary pcat score sent in yesterday.
When did PharmCas verify your app? Would you mind sharing your stat? When did you take the Pcat?

When did PharmCas verify your app? Would you mind sharing your stat? When did you take the Pcat?
Pharmcas verfied me on Aug 20th, I submitted it on Aug 12th so it took around 8 days. My GPA is 3.44 and my pcat is 87. It's not really high. I have 45 hours volunteer at the pharmacy and 40 hours at a hospital. And like 40 hours in school activities. I took my pcat 2 days ago sept 16 and it was my first one. I'm a senior and will have my b.s. this december.

Last edited:
Pharmcas verfied me on Aug 20th, I submitted it on Aug 12th so it took around 8 days. My GPA is 3.44 and my pcat is 87. It's not really high. I have 45 hours volunteer at the pharmacy and 40 hours at a hospital. And like 40 hours in school activities. I took my pcat 2 days ago sept 16 and it was my first one. I'm a senior and will have my b.s. this december.
Should I send the preliminary report even if my app hasn't been verified by PharmCas?

Should I send the preliminary report even if my app hasn't been verified by PharmCas?
I only sent it because the school contact me for it. When did you take you pcat?

Same day as yours. 09/16.
I think before pharmcas complete verifying your application, the school will not be able to look through it, you can send your pcat score now if you want but i dont know if they are going to check it or not.

I think before pharmcas complete verifying your application, the school will not be able to look through it, you can send your pcat score now if you want but i dont know if they are going to check it or not.
I probably just wait for it to be verified then.

Thank you for all the great info!

Chance of getting an interview?
GPA: 3.41
PCAT: 84 first attempt: 57
100+ volunteering hours
6 months of pharm tech experience

Last edited: