University of Houston C/O 2020 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Chance of getting an interview?
GPA: 3.41
PCAT: 84 first attempt: 57
100+ volunteering hours
6 months of pharm tech experience
Great job on PCAT! Looks like your studying paid off. You shouldn't have a problem getting an interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm curious to know how many people will be at the first interview on October 2nd....Can't wait to meet you all! Hopefully we are all fortunate and get in :)

Is anybody nervous? I'm a stong interviewer, but I have a few butterflies lol!

Great job on PCAT! Looks like your studying paid off. You shouldn't have a problem getting an interview.
Thanks! tbh I was surprised! especially scoring a 99 on chem, which is my weakest subject. I studied 2011 Dr.collins for my first attempt then for second attempt I studied 2015 version. Obviously the 2015 version is where it's at lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! tbh I was surprised! especially scoring a 99 on chem, which is my weakest subject. I studied 2011 Dr.collins for my first attempt then for second attempt I studied 2015 version. Obviously the 2015 version is where it's at lol.
LOL, I had studied the newest addition as well and also scored a 99% in Chem. However, it is one of my stronger subjects. Well congrats, I know the feeling of putting in so much study time and seeing it pay off. Best of luck to you.

Hello everyone! I also got invited to the Oct 2 interview. I hope we all do well and get accepted! :)

3.44 GPA
93 PCAT
Over 500 hrs volunteer experience and they haven't emailed me for an interview :(
Do they email just Mon-Fri or could they email on the weekend?

3.21 GPA
70 PCAT
Over 100 hours volunteer
Regular decision applicant
Got an email two days ago for Oct 2nd, but had a physics test that day so I asked to be changed to Oct 9th

3.44 GPA
93 PCAT
Over 500 hrs volunteer experience and they haven't emailed me for an interview :(
Do they email just Mon-Fri or could they email on the weekend?
I'm almost positive they only email Mon-Fri. Did you apply ED or regular?

I'm curious to know how many people will be at the first interview on October 2nd....Can't wait to meet you all! Hopefully we are all fortunate and get in :)

Is anybody nervous? I'm a stong interviewer, but I have a few butterflies lol!
I'm already nervous too just by filling out the pre-interview documents :lame: lolll

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone who got an invite so far! Prepare in advance and be relaxed on interview day

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to everyone who got an invite so far! Prepare in advance and be relaxed on interview day
Thanks! I noticed you applied last year. Did you get in or are you reapplying this year?

How long are you all making your responses on the pre-interview documents?
Medium length on some, a little longer for others. Some required me to give a little background info which made it a little longer. Questions like "are you hands on or hands off" were a little shorter.

So my arrival time is at 7:50 am, does that mean that I will be done around 4 hours from then?

I would say more than likely it's from 8-12. They will eat lunch and then start the afternoon interviews.

Yep- the interview process will start at 8 and end between 11:30 and 12:00 ish. If you haven't received an email about an interview and you are a regular decision applicant, please don't stress too much! The ED applicants must be done ASAP since they must hear about their decision by Oct. 23rd. Again, I want to wish you all the best of luck at the interviews this month (both ED and RD)! I'll be seeing some of you this friday!

Reactions: 1 user
Yep- the interview process will start at 8 and end between 11:30 and 12:00 ish. If you haven't received an email about an interview and you are a regular decision applicant, please don't stress too much! The ED applicants must be done ASAP since they must hear about their decision by Oct. 23rd. Again, I want to wish you all the best of luck at the interviews this month (both ED and RD)! I'll be seeing some of you this friday!
See you Friday! Although I probably won't know I've met you lol.

hey! how long does it takes for ya'll transcript to be verified?

Well guys, tomorrow is the big day for all those that received an interview. I wish everyone the best of luck and I'm excited to meet you all. I will be the tall white guy, short hair, wearing a black suit lol (name is Justin). If you see me, come say hi. :)

I was so nervous after the interview that I dreamt about my interview last night lol. There's nothing I can do to change the result at this point so, yes, now we patiently wait!

I was so nervous after the interview that I dreamt about my interview last night lol. There's nothing I can do to change the result at this point so, yes, now we patiently wait!
I know it's tough and I've been replaying the interview in my head, but as you said nothing we can do now. It's going to be one of the best feelings or worst feelings ever!

Do all the ED applicants know about their results( accepted or rejected) at the same time or some will know sooner than others since some have their interview on Oct 2 and some on Oct 9????

We tend to be our own worst critics sometimes. I'm positive everyone did better than they thought!!! (I haven't thought about the interview since Friday...or else the anticipation is gonna kill me lol)

My application is verified by PharmCas on 10/2 and today I received a phone call from Dr. Pitman about sending my pcat score asap. Anyone like me?

Just got the invitation for the Oct 16th.

Hi @bbc2001 , I received an email from UH that my Pharmcas record is currently being reviewed last Thursday. I haven't heard anything from them since then :(. How long does it take for you?

Hi @bbc2001 , I received an email from UH that my Pharmcas record is currently being reviewed last Thursday. I haven't heard anything from them since then :(. How long does it take for you?
My friend received that last Thursday also. He received an interview today so roughly 2 days for the review.

My friend received that last Thursday also. He received an interview today so roughly 2 days for the review.
I got the phone call this afternoon then sent my preliminary pcat score around 4pm. And got the invitation right away. @ rxbaby12 : What are your stats if you don't mind me asking.