University of Houston C/O 2020 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I got accepted to UHCOP and was just wondering if there was a facebook page created for the class of 2020. I know they had one a couple of years ago for UHCOP and thought it'd be nice to be able to connect with future classmates and start getting to know people.

Hi, I got accepted to UHCOP and was just wondering if there was a facebook page created for the class of 2020. I know they had one a couple of years ago for UHCOP and thought it'd be nice to be able to connect with future classmates and start getting to know people.

Yes there is a facebook page: University of Houston College of Pharmacy Class of 2020!

Hi, when were you accepted by the way? Just out of curiosity

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who have been waitlisted, has anyone let you know of your relative position on the list? Or atleast how many people actually make up the wait list?

For those of you who have been waitlisted, has anyone let you know of your relative position on the list? Or atleast how many people actually make up the wait list?
I got accepted from the waiting list. I only received the admission offer, nothing about the rank on the list.

I got accepted from the waiting list. I only received the admission offer, nothing about the rank on the list.
When were you notified about being waitlisted if you don't mind me asking?

I was notified about waitlist decision on March 16 and admission offer on March 28.

I was notified about waitlist decision on March 16 and admission offer on March 28.
I was in the same situation. Waitlisted then offered admission a few days after! :)
Excited to be a part of UHCOP:)

Reactions: 1 user
Did anybody attend the UHCOP Spring Showcase yesterday?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

OMG!! Congrats!!! I did not receive anything though!! But really feel happy for you!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone on the wait list received an email. They said they will send a follow up email today, but I have yet to receive one?

Hello everyone, I received an acceptance offer recently. so how should I give up my seat in other school that I got accepted too! Should I just send them an email?

Hello everyone, I received an acceptance offer recently. so how should I give up my seat in other school that I got accepted too! Should I just send them an email?

I got accepted too :)!!

And yes, I think you should just send them an email.

I more question, I received the acknowledgment from Dr pitman about received documents and fees, so am I officially their student now or should I wait for user and pass? I wanna make sure when is the exact time to send an email for the other school!
Moreover, do you guys know if world literature is acceptable for language, philosophy and culture course?
Thanks

I more question, I received the acknowledgment from Dr pitman about received documents and fees, so am I officially their student now or should I wait for user and pass? I wanna make sure when is the exact time to send an email for the other school!
Moreover, do you guys know if world literature is acceptable for language, philosophy and culture course?
Thanks

I think it's official after you send the required documents and cover your seat fee.
And I don't know about that? But it should be. I would ask them to make sure

Hi everyone,
I am planning to rent an apartment around the campus . I am married so I can't use in campus option so anyone knows which area is good and convenient to rent?

Hi everyone,
I am planning to rent an apartment around the campus . I am married so I can't use in campus option so anyone knows which area is good and convenient to rent?
How much are you looking to spend?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

1400$ for 2 bedroom and 1100$ for one bedroom

Also I don't know which parking permit is the best to buy?!!! So confused! Should I get 164$ or 320$?

1400$ for 2 bedroom and 1100$ for one bedroom

The med center has some pretty nice apartments and is really close to campus. Most students who have their own apartments live somewhere around there. I think you should be able to find something in that price range.

Also I don't know which parking permit is the best to buy?!!! So confused! Should I get 164$ or 320$?

Most of us have either stadium garage permits ($515 for the whole year) or student commuter permits ($320 for the year). Which one you would like depends on how much you are willing to spend and your preferences. I get the garage permit because some of the commuter lots fill up fast after about 10 am and as P1s you'll have class in the afternoon so with the garage permit you can get here later and still find parking no problem. I've parked in the garage for 3 years now and I've never had an issue with parking. The students in my class who have commuter parking also don't really complain about it. I've only heard the occasional complaint about getting here in the afternoon and having a harder time finding a spot, but they always found one.

You can ask on the facebook page about these and more people will give you their opinions and experiences!

Wow! Thanks a lot , yeah but I am waiting for Admin to accept me on the page. Apparently they don't have new admitted students name yet!

Does anyone know some good apartments to live in that are nearby? Also do we need a guarantor to get an apartment? I was looking into the campus vue but I haven't found really good ratings for it

Do u remember having any Friday class at the end of September? Thanks!

Honestly don't remember, but probably not. However, I would not make any plans until you have the skills lab schedule because you never know. There is no rhyme or reason to the skills labs and things may be different this year for y'all.

@romaniangirl I have one final question before school starts in a couple of weeks. In the fall 2016 class schedule, I see some courses hilighted in yellow that aren't Pharm.D courses. Do I have to attend them? I'm very confused whether I have to attend them or not. Really appreciate your help and thanks a lot for answering my questions!!! :D

@romaniangirl I have one final question before school starts in a couple of weeks. In the fall 2016 class schedule, I see some courses hilighted in yellow that aren't Pharm.D courses. Do I have to attend them? I'm very confused whether I have to attend them or not. Really appreciate your help and thanks a lot for answering my questions!!! :D

No, you do not have to attend them. They are in that schedule so that administration knows what classes take place in SR2/College of Pharm Classes. Don't worry about those.