University of Illinois - Chicago: c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

donnyrocks

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, didn't see a thread for this school yet so here it is. I submitted the supplemental application forms for ED on the 21st and still waiting on a reply.

Who's applying or has applied already? Anyone else waiting on an interview invite like me?

Members don't see this ad.

still waiting as well... I think they do early decisions first

Did anyone who applied early decision and had an interview hear back yet? I keep checking my email every 5 minutes, this is torture!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the email of acceptance. Should be sometime this week that you'll hear from then

Reactions: 1 user
Me too! congrats ! what day did you have your interview ? I was on the 17th.

Grats on the acceptance! I was on the 17th as well. How'd you like the interview? It was much more relaxed that I thought and the group leaders helped a lot with the nervousness and tension that was going on that day.

That interview was.... well, different haha. I thought I did OK in most of the rooms, and then the room asking about electronic learning I completely failed, I finished super early and had nothing to say so it was pretty awkward. But the group leaders were so nice and definitely helped relax me a bit. I had jenny, she was super cool. I'm just stoked to not have to worry about grad school apps the rest of the school year, such a relief!!

Does anyone know about the area surrounding the school? Heard it's kind of rough but I was looking at applying here as well.

I honestly don't think it's that bad. When you go south of the med district towards damen and california it gets a little shady. but for the most part just follow general rules of thumb when walking around: don't listen to music late at night, keep phone in pocket, etc.

Got my acceptance a few days ago and got an email saying they got my acceptance letter today! yay! Congrats to everyone!! That's all we need to do for now right?

I believe so. If you haven't got the flu shot yet, you need to do that before like mid-November and then make sure to do it next year around same time.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone here from the suburbs? I'm trying to choose between commuting and getting an apartment. I really don't know the area well at all

The UIC area is fairly decent. Just be cautious west of Damen and do not go beyond Western. There was once public housing between the two campuses on Taylor.

In terms of commuting from the suburbs, we need to know which one. Oak Park is probably about 30 minutes away by CTA. There is parking but initially, you will be be placed at Damen and Harrison lot. In time, you can switch over to Wood St. The parking fee is $352 per semester. When I travelled from my parents' house in Glenview, it took about 90 minutes via metra and CTA to reach campus.

As a part of your fees, you will receive an unlimited CTA pass.

I'm commuting from Lombard. I know it takes 40-90 minutes to drive depending on traffic and the time of day but I was just curious how other people felt about commuting in general. When I interview our student leader said that we should definitely not commute. Did you commute all four years then? Guys I'm so excited and want August to come sooner!

I only commuted my last year. When I had to be there at 7am, I had to be up by 4:30am to take the 5:20am Metra train. I never drove to UIC.
If it is a reasonable commute, it is fine but for extended ones, it can be tiring.

I'm commuting from Lombard. I know it takes 40-90 minutes to drive depending on traffic and the time of day but I was just curious how other people felt about commuting in general. When I interview our student leader said that we should definitely not commute. Did you commute all four years then? Guys I'm so excited and want August to come sooner!
Ive gone 4 years here as an undergrad (20 min walk from west campus where pharm school is at) and i live by midway airport and it takes me a good hour to get here if I'm leaving for a 9 am class. unfortunately there is always traffic on i55, but when its not a peak traffic time it probably takes me 40 minutes max. from lomard, if you are driving in rush hour i would give yourself at least an hour and a half.

Hello everybody!
So, I have a question for the people that did interviews in October..
How many people were being interviewed on the day you were there?
I just got interviewed last week, and I thought my group was pretty small.
I'm just wondering :)
Thanks!

Hello everybody!
So, I have a question for the people that did interviews in October..
How many people were being interviewed on the day you were there?
I just got interviewed last week, and I thought my group was pretty small.
I'm just wondering :)
Thanks!
I believe my group had 12 people :)

Very cool! My group only had 8 people.
I just got the acceptance email:) See you guys next fall!
I'm from the suburbs, but I think I will be looking for an apartment in the city bc I know that the commute to UIC every morning is not fun.

congrats to those who got accepted. do you mind sharing your stats

90+ composite PCAT percentile
3.6~ cum. gpa
couple yrs of pharm tech experience
volunteer experience
no bachelors

congrats to those who got accepted. do you mind sharing your stats
99 PCAT (not as difficult to do as you would think, I started studying about a week prior lol)
3.75 GPA
couple months of research experience
worked -35 hrs a week during my sophomore and junior years

Hello guys!
I received an interview offer from UIC and chose January 13th at 1:00pm for my interview. I will be flying in from out of state and will be staying in Chicago for about a week to explore the area. It'd be nice to meet up and hang out with fellow students and just make friends and have a good time after our interviews. Or if someone lives in Chicago, it'd be nice to have a tour guide, hah.

Those of you that got interviews, how long did it take to hear from uic after submitting the supplemental app? I sent mine in october and it says they received everything november 9. It's december 15 now and I'm getting worried. I emailed admissions about a week ago and they said they're still "reviewing my coursework".

Those of you that got interviews, how long did it take to hear from uic after submitting the supplemental app? I sent mine in october and it says they received everything november 9. It's december 15 now and I'm getting worried. I emailed admissions about a week ago and they said they're still "reviewing my coursework".

November 6th - submitted my supplemental application.
November 10th - received an email saying I was done with Step 2 of the application process (met all GPAs and all my documents were in, etc) and my application was now being reviewed by the Admissions Committee (said it takes ~2-3 weeks for a decision)
December 8th - received an interview offer.

I did early admission so I applied September 7th. Got my supplemental a few days later. Submitted the supplemental October 1st. Got my interview invitation October 7th and got my acceptance October 21st.

do you guys have any tips for the interview? :) any advice is greatly appreciated!!

do you guys have any tips for the interview? :) any advice is greatly appreciated!!

Might be a bit late, but I do have some tips! I went into the interview in a relaxed and composed manner and greeted everyone with a smile, a handshake, and some small banter. Remember to be so confident that it just oozes out of your pores. You made it to the interview process so they like what they see academically, so now you gotta sell your personality to them!
Hopefully that helps!

Also, how does a facebook group for those that got accepted sound? I was thinking of making one and sending out invites :beaver:

Reactions: 1 users
Might be a bit late, but I do have some tips! I went into the interview in a relaxed and composed manner and greeted everyone with a smile, a handshake, and some small banter. Remember to be so confident that it just oozes out of your pores. You made it to the interview process so they like what they see academically, so now you gotta sell your personality to them!
Hopefully that helps!

Also, how does a facebook group for those that got accepted sound? I was thinking of making one and sending out invites :beaver:
I was wondering the same thing! (about a facebook group) You should start one! I have looked and haven't found one

Has anyone here been put on a holding pattern after their interview?
And also those of you who had a good interview experience, would you mind giving us some tips on how to approach the MMI questions and how to respond?
Thanks

I'm wondering whether there is someone who was already accepted during regular cycle.

Has anyone here been put on a holding pattern after their interview?
And also those of you who had a good interview experience, would you mind giving us some tips on how to approach the MMI questions and how to respond?
Thanks

I read most of thread of several years, and could know that there was not any review of MMI of UIC because the applicants were required to sign not to release the interview questions. They recommended just to be yourself with confidence.

Last edited:
I read most of thread of several years, and could know that there was not any review of MMI of UIC because the applicants were required to sigh not to release the interview questions. They recommended just to be yourself with confidence.

I interviewed there but wasn't asked to sign anything. I'm not sure if they use the same sets of questions for all their interviews.

so excited, i got accepted! i feel so blessed

Congrats!
If you don't mind, can you share your stats ?
I'm also wondering when you had interview and was accepted.

i interviewed feb 5, got accepted feb 6.
overall and science gpa just slightly below or around 3.o; pcat 50s, some pharmacy hospital experience (a little less than a year), extensive medical assistance experience, etc

i interviewed feb 5, got accepted feb 6.
overall and science gpa just slightly below or around 3.o; pcat 50s, some pharmacy hospital experience (a little less than a year), extensive medical assistance experience, etc

Were you interviewed and accepted on Feb 5, and 6? Today is Feb 6. Maybe it is typo instead of 3 and 4. I remember there was FEb 3 for interview appointment. (I have it on Feb 16.)
I'm also wondering whether it's Chicago or Rockford campus.

Thank you for shring your stats.

Were you interviewed and accepted on Feb 5, and 6? Today is Feb 6. Maybe it is typo instead of 3 and 4. I remember there was FEb 3 for interview appointment. (I have it on Feb 16.)

oops youre right. it was a wed interview and then i got an email the next day. chicago campus. i didnt apply for rockford

Hey! I have interview on Feb 16 too. Are you coming in the afternoon one?

Does UIC do silent rejections? I applied in October and was put on some sorta of waitlist to interview. Are all interviews complete for c/o 2020?

I remember that there were several interview schedules on the 4th week of March.
Why don't you contact to UIC?

Does UIC do silent rejections? I applied in October and was put on some sorta of waitlist to interview. Are all interviews complete for c/o 2020?

I interviewed march 4th, was worried i interviewed so late but i got my acceptance email some days ago. Is there anyone that got accepted to the rockford campus? Potential future roommate perhaps?

Hey everybody,

Has anyone filed fafsa for UIC College of Pharmacy?

I am not sure if the college of pharmacy has a separate school code from the undergraduate school.
When I was looking at fafsa, I only found one code under University of Illinois - Chicago

Hi guys,
for those that already got accepted, how long did you wait for an answer after the interview?? Also, do you have any tips for the interview? I have never done the MMI type before

Hi guys,
for those that already got accepted, how long did you wait for an answer after the interview?? Also, do you have any tips for the interview? I have never done the MMI type before

They usually get acceptance email next day after interview. For the MMI, you just need to be confident.

Last edited: