University of Illinois - Chicago: c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They usually get acceptance email next day after interview. For the MMI, you just need to be confident.
thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,
for those that already got accepted, how long did you wait for an answer after the interview?? Also, do you have any tips for the interview? I have never done the MMI type before

I got my acceptance email the next day. MMI interviews-----They are mainly testing your communication and thinking skills.
One tip would be....to really think about the question/scenario and then try to explain BOTH sides of the story.

Generic generic example. "Would you choose blue or red? "(if you want to choose red)
*answer-"Blue is good because so so.. (Why this would be a good choice). However blue is not so so..(why this isn't a good choice). Hence I would choose red because so so...
Bottomline, I think they want you to really understand what's going on and analyze the situation.
Good luck!!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I got my acceptance email the next day. MMI interviews-----They are mainly testing your communication and thinking skills.
One tip would be....to really think about the question/scenario and then try to explain BOTH sides of the story.

Generic generic example. "Would you choose blue or red? "(if you want to choose red)
*answer-"Blue is good because so so.. (Why this would be a good choice). However red is not so so..(why this isn't a good choice). Hence I would choose blue because so so...
Bottomline, I think they want you to really understand what's going on and analyze the situation.
Good luck!!
thank you so much for taking your time to write down this example, it made everything much clearer!

for anyone that attended the interview, can you share what the day looked like? It is 4 hours long and i don't know what to expect, other schools tell you exactly what you will be doing for each hour of the day but UIC doesn't even tell you where to go hah

for anyone that attended the interview, can you share what the day looked like? It is 4 hours long and i don't know what to expect, other schools tell you exactly what you will be doing for each hour of the day but UIC doesn't even tell you where to go hah
When we arrived they had us wait for a bit with each other, then we were broken into groups and each group started at a different portion of the itinerary. One part is a tour/info type thing, another the writing portion, and lastly the MMI. I believe they told us the day would be 4 hours but it ended up being slightly shorter but that could depend on how smoothly the day goes/how many people are in your group.

to everyone who got accepted, do we have class of 2020 facebook yet?

ANY ONE FINISH THE BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG SCREEN???? I did not see any specific detail direction of it.

Reactions: 1 user
do you guys know if we still need to maintain all three of the minimum GPAs of 2.75 (cumulative, pre-req, science/math) to keep our spot once accepted?