University of Iowa Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You got a letter or email? From Iowa? They are sending them on Monday nights now too? So confused.

I am very confused also! I heard it was just Tuesdays and acceptance e-mails.... maybe since May 1st is coming closer they need to know ASAP who is going to Iowa and who is not.... =(

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure if it had anything to do with anything but I emailed Dean Kelly and withdrew my application early this afternoon. Good luck everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
My application was also withdrawn today. Yay more free spots!

Yay for more free spots. Was there a date you both had to respond by? I was just wondering, because then there should be a rush of acceptances coming out! =)

I was accepted on March 1st. But I was trying to figure out other schools at the same time and remembered that Iowa said they were understanding with responses not being right away. They said they weren't out to steal deposits. Very nice of them. No specific respond-by date was given. But I kind of let it slip my mind after a while and they finally emailed me today saying something like "heeeyyyy, you never got back to us so we're going to assume thats a no." I responded and said thats fine.

I don't know anyone else from UIowa that applied.... wish I did so knew how their process went!

pharmgirl4-

when did you interview and are you an iowa resident? i interviewed on the 12th and am desperate to hear back. do you know asny one else from iowa that applied to the UI college of pharmacy and heard back ?

I know of three others from where I work. So far two have gotten in and one is still waiting to hear back. I'm also still waiting.

I don't know anyone else from UIowa that applied.... wish I did so knew how their process went!

I'm at U of I and interviewed on the afternoon of the 5th, stiiiillll waiting to hear anything from Dean Kelly. Waiting is making me crazy!

pharmgirl4-

when did you interview and are you an iowa resident? i interviewed on the 12th and am desperate to hear back. do you know asny one else from iowa that applied to the UI college of pharmacy and heard back ?

I am from Iowa and interviewed February 5th and I heard back at the end of February.

The waiting kind of stinks, but i thought Dean Kelly told us that a decision for most students wont happen till mid-April or May. I do agree that an update email every know and then would be nice. I also remember him saying that if Iowa is one of your top choices and you got in another school you could just email him telling him that you got into another school and he would let you know whether or not the admissions committee was leaning towards accepting you so you wouldn't have to pay a deposit to that other school.

I have been told they are running a few weeks behind and it will take a few more weeks before we all hear.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted today.

The admissions committee has reviewed all the applications once. Now it's up to Dr. Kelly to decide who gets the 2nd round spots. (I believe this is how it happens)

Good luck everyone!

I got accepted today as well, but will more than likely be declining. I really liked the school, but I got into my top 2 choice schools over a month and a half ago. So good luck to the rest of you!!

Hey, for those accepted, check out the Facebook group. Search for Iowa pharmacy class 2015

I can't find our group on facebook ! I saw class of 2014 but not 2015 !

Wait listed today via USPS. Good luck to the rest of you.

Scratch that waitlisting. Offer of admission sent from Mr. Kelly via e-mail yesterday around 5pm CST. This is near unbelievably amazing.

Continued good luck to the rest of you on the list.

I was waitlisted at Iowa as well. Just joined SDN. Do any of you keep in touch with Dean Kelly? I read on here a few different places that he is the one who has final say in who gets pulled off the waitlist?

On Iowa's course registration site (ISIS), it says only 29 of 108 seats are taken!

Congrats!!!!! You deserve!!!! I am SOOO happy for you!!! =)

I was waitlisted at Iowa as well. Just joined SDN. Do any of you keep in touch with Dean Kelly? I read on here a few different places that he is the one who has final say in who gets pulled off the waitlist?

On Iowa's course registration site (ISIS), it says only 29 of 108 seats are taken!
Only people who are current Iowa students have ISIS registration access at this point. Those who are from other schools get access later in the summer. So, that number only tells you how many current UI students have been enrolled.

It stinks for non-UI students b/c current students register first and take all the good lab and elective spots. At least they did 4 years ago when I was a P1.

Only people who are current Iowa students have ISIS registration access at this point. Those who are from other schools get access later in the summer. So, that number only tells you how many current UI students have been enrolled.

It stinks for non-UI students b/c current students register first and take all the good lab and elective spots. At least they did 4 years ago when I was a P1.

Good to know! Thanks for the info.

just received an offer of admission from the college of pharmacy. thank you to all members of this forum for answering questions and providing a useful platform for discussions . continued good luck to all!

Awesome! Glad to hear you made it!

Thought right now our choices are pretty slim. Basically what time on Friday do you want a lab and what time on Tuesday. Everything else is pretty much set in stone.

Hmm, meant to edit and combine the quotes. Why can't we delete stuff around here?

just received an offer of admission from the college of pharmacy. thank you to all members of this forum for answering questions and providing a useful platform for discussions . continued good luck to all!

Wow that's a good news! You made it!! Congrats!!

I was checking out ISIS today, and 85 students are registered for P1 classes. Is anyone else currently on the waitlist that has not been accepted yet? Richard Barajas told me a few weeks ago that there were 20 people on the waitlist. Does anyone know the deadline for when original accepted applicants were expected to respond?

Patiently waiting...

I was checking out ISIS today, and 85 students are registered for P1 classes. Is anyone else currently on the waitlist that has not been accepted yet? Richard Barajas told me a few weeks ago that there were 20 people on the waitlist. Does anyone know the deadline for when original accepted applicants were expected to respond?

Patiently waiting...

15 days is the deadline to respond. I was accepted at the end of May.

Patiently waiting...
Where can you see how many people are registered? Im new to ISIS, I can't find it !

Whenever I check the P1 courses on ISIS, I click courses then under Keyword, type in Pharmacy Practice Lab I.

Does each individual have 15 days to respond to the acceptance? Or does everyone who has been accepted at this point have until 15 days from now to respond? I'm just curious. I have a back-up plan set up, but that's all it is -- a back-up plan.

Thanks for all your help bananaface

So now that I am in Pharmacy school what can I study or do to help me when I start School?

Thanks

There are currently 6 spots open. Is it safe to assume everyone who has been accepted at this point has enrolled in classes? Still waiting and getting worried!

I suppose there is still hope? :rolleyes:

Sometimes it shows more spots open than there really are. They usually don't accept over 105 people even though it shows there are up to 114 spots. Sorry for the bad news. =(

108-110 has been the target class size for several years. There is no reason to stop short of 108 since there are 36 lab spaces and 3 lab sections. There are a couple of extra spots people can go in if they have 2 more people, but they don't like to do it for more than one lab section.

The last couple of years there have been 1-2 last minute offers. I would not assume that it will happen this year, but it is definitely in the realm of possibility.

I was just wondering if anybody knows that do we have to buy all the books that are listed for P1. Is it ok if we buy an older version or an international edition?