University of Iowa College of Pharmacy Class of 2017 Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you know how they decide the general order of everyone? And thanks for explaining!!
They decided the order when they went through and reviewed everyone's application and interview. They do 5 categories Accept, Consider+, Consider, Consider -, and Deny. And then there's also people they put onto borders of categories (ex: low accept/high consider+) Everyone got compiled into one general list depending on what category they put you into. I have no idea how they do people in the same category when it comes down to letting in one person over another.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats!!! When did you interview and do you mind sharing stats?

Sorry it has taken me awhile to reply. My GPA wasn't great, but I had an ok PCAT score with high scores in chemistry and biology. I also have almost 7 years of tech experience plus a lot of volunteering. However, I gave my seat up, so hopefully someone is happy off of the wait list! :)

I got wait listed a while ago. Maybe next year! To those who got in, congratulations!

So it turns out I got accepted. I didn't think I stood a chance at this point. There's still hope for anyone that still checks this forum!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
So it turns out I got accepted. I didn't think I stood a chance at this point. There's still hope for anyone that still checks this forum!

True!

The UofIowa is a great school. But I decided to give up my seat after receiving an admissions offer from my home state of Minnesota. Coincidently, I was waitlisted for Minnesota.

I wish you guys good luck for those who are still waiting!

Hello,

I have an interview this week at U of Iowa, and I was wondering how the interviews were? I am really really really nervous....
Thank you!