University of Kentucky Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Acceptance email sent out this morning. Kentucky here I come!

I got my acceptance email this morning! So excited!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone in the same boat as me? I'm a regular decision applicant, out of state, but was invited to interview with early decision candidates. The deadline to reserve our seats is quickly approaching--before I even interview with my other schools! I have asked for an extension but the most they can give is a few weeks. I can probably have them roll me over to the NEXT round (that would be the 3rd, or 2nd regular decision round) but I don't want to be at risk of losing my seat!

All 3 of you out-of-state applicants I assume?

Correct. I am out of state and have been granted conditional acceptance to the UK COP. I interviewed with the early admission applicants, however I did not apply for early admission.

Anyone in the same boat as me? I'm a regular decision applicant, out of state, but was invited to interview with early decision candidates. The deadline to reserve our seats is quickly approaching--before I even interview with my other schools! I have asked for an extension but the most they can give is a few weeks. I can probably have them roll me over to the NEXT round (that would be the 3rd, or 2nd regular decision round) but I don't want to be at risk of losing my seat!

If you have no other interview offers, I would absolutely go. What if no other schools offer you interviews?

Interview invitations are typically 2 weeks before interviews. The next ones are Nov. 15 and 16. I wanted to give tours during the Oct. interviews, but I had a schedule issue that didn't let me. I'll see how my schedule goes for the next set and maybe I can give tours again. I did it last year, and at least one person from SDN was in one of my groups.

If you have no other interview offers, I would absolutely go. What if no other schools offer you interviews?
I do have other interviews scheduled. Just wondering if anyone else was in my position and what they were doing.

I have been checking my email incessantly for the official conditional acceptance with student handbook. Has anybody gotten that email yet?

I haven't received it either! That makes me feel better. I even re-submitted my acceptance survey because I thought maybe it didn't go through correctly the first time. It is definitely past the "early" part of this week! Ha

I haven't received it either! That makes me feel better. I even re-submitted my acceptance survey because I thought maybe it didn't go through correctly the first time. It is definitely past the "early" part of this week! Ha

I guess I can stop breathing in a paper bag now :D

I will post up when I receive the email!

Members don't see this ad :)
received official packet. Onward and upward!

I received the invitation on Friday. I'll be interviewing on the 15th.

It's quiet in here! Has anyone else from SDN recieved a regular decision invitation to interview?

No invite here. Anyone know if all the invites have been sent out. The email said the majority would be sent by tonight but I haven't heard much good news.

They did send out interviews on monday of this week. I am very surprised I have been pushed back to the Feb interviews as well.

I am starting to think that only a very few of the applicants even know about this board since there is only limited activity. They have surely sent out invites by now.

I thought I would have an invite by now, considering my overall experience and grades I am shocked that I would get pushed into Feb. interviews......:(

I am feeling the same way, KanTuck22! Are they not giving much consideration to graduate work? Is this application cycle full of superstars? It is quite surprising to me that I have not recieved an invitation yet. I have very outstanding LORs, highly relevant graduate work as well as graduate degree, and I have a respectable PCAT score (~90 composite).

I'm guessing that it is a combination of my low undergraduate GPA and my minimal experience in pharmacy that is holding me back. :( Which seems very unfortunate to me as the above, more recent, positive achievements that I mentioned are strong indicators of success, comitment, and maturity. What else could they want? :confused:

After thinking about it for a bit I have come up with a pretty good guess as to what they might be doing. It is very possible that they are saving a time in the next round of interviews so that all of the non-traditional applicants can be interviewed at the same time. I trust that the committee is not over looking maturity and experience, there has to be method to this madness. This committee is undoubtedly good a what they do, they know what type of student they are looking for, it more than likely comes down to finding time for everyone to make it in for an interview. I am still very confident that both of us will get an interview and I don't think that the interview date has as much to do with applicant ranking as we might think.

To be honest, I was thinking along the same lines. Maybe this is wishful thinking but here it goes anyways: We are the "safe bet" students. I'll bet that they are trying to give early admissions and early regular decision spots to the younger students, the two or three year prepharm program students with top GPAs and PCAT scores, so that they do not accept offers from other schools. This is important because these students elevate the admission stats and prestige of a program. While on the other hand, students like us can fill the remaining spots in later interviews, as we are solid students. Our stats that demonstrate that we have previous success at a higher level, that we are more mature, and that we have a high degree of determination. As you said, if you don't get accepted this year you will just reapply. I was thinking the same exact thing for myself. Maybe this type of determination is a common trend for students that apply after graduate school? Or maybe this is just wishful thinking, IDK. I guess we will find out by March, huh?

Last edited:
I am in exactly the same boat. I am interviewing at another school on Friday and UK extended my offer to Nov. 23rd when I requested an extension. That gives me a week to hear from the school before I have to decide on accepting Kentucky's offer. I also have another interview that I may be accepting for Nov 30th. I'm not sure how likely it is that I will lose my seat. I am considering putting my deposit down on Nov 23rd even if I choose to go to another school in the end, I don't want to risk losing a spot at really good school if I don't get into the schools I am interviewing at.

As someone that goes to UK. I don't think y'all have too much to worry about. UK isn't my top choice due to the fact that they are very strongly linked to hospital pharmacy and research whereas I want to go down the retail route. However, with that being said, I'm confident I will get in even with a decent GPA and only a 78 on my PCAT. Just be patient. A lot of times UK will wait a long time so that they can see if people will accept their seats. It is a research institution so the more people that put down their deposit the better, however, they have to keep in touch with their numbers. They want to make sure that the people that are offered seats actually want to go there. This makes people that haven't gotten in yet very nervous, but I have heard of so many late acceptances to UK's pharmacy school over the years it is not even funny. You guys will be fine. I personally guarantee it.

Do any locals have recommendations for housing near campus?

hey guys! I was just wondering if anyone who interviewed on Nov 15/16th has heard anything? Im starting to get worried...

hey guys! I was just wondering if anyone who interviewed on Nov 15/16th has heard anything? Im starting to get worried...

I have not. They told us the emails would go out today, so I'm just keeping my email open..

me too :) I loved UK - its a great school. I just got a bit scared there b/c i thought they would send out emails in the morning.

Ok guys I am having a bit of a hard time deciding where to go for pharmacy school. I have been accepted into UNC and UK and right now I have no idea where to go. If there are any students who go to UK or UK COP here and could give me their opinion i would greatly appreciate it. thanks

Congrats who got in!

I got an e-mail this morning saying they received my supplementals. My pharmCAS was not verified in time for a November interview. Im hoping for a February interview, but I'm afraid my chances are slim since they get more competitive. Anyone else hoping for a Feb interview?

Congrats who got in!

I got an e-mail this morning saying they received my supplementals. My pharmCAS was not verified in time for a November interview. Im hoping for a February interview, but I'm afraid my chances are slim since they get more competitive. Anyone else hoping for a Feb interview?

I finished my application mid-December and was offered a February interview. Good luck!

The listserv e-mail said most would be sent out on Feb. 5th.

Really? I was told by the Director of Admissions a week ago, and the UK PharmCAS Academic Update email (received on 12-20-2012) that interview invites would be sent out on February 1st. Is that listserv email recent?

Also, good luck to anybody seeking an interview! Has anybody got one yet?

Really? I was told by the Director of Admissions a week ago, and the UK PharmCAS Academic Update email (received on 12-20-2012) that interview invites would be sent out on February 1st. Is that listserv email recent?

Also, good luck to anybody seeking an interview! Has anybody got one yet?

Yeah I thought it was feb 1st for the longest time, but the liserv email was less than a week old. It makes more sense than the 1st since its a Friday, but I think some may get so,e emails today, but majority will get them on the 5th

Yeah I thought it was feb 1st for the longest time, but the liserv email was less than a week old. It makes more sense than the 1st since its a Friday, but I think some may get so,e emails today, but majority will get them on the 5th

Oh my goodness. This is torture lol. How long must we waaait?! Lol I hope mine does come today. Thank you for that February 5th information. I wouldn't have ever known.

Oh my goodness. This is torture lol. How long must we waaait?! Lol I hope mine does come today. Thank you for that February 5th information. I wouldn't have ever known.

Not a problem, I guess I really didn't think about it that if you weren't on the listserv you would probably be freaking out all weekend cause the e-mail didn't come. It was a little weird that it was on a Tuesday though, versus a Monday.

Not a problem, I guess I really didn't think about it that if you weren't on the listserv you would probably be freaking out all weekend cause the e-mail didn't come. It was a little weird that it was on a Tuesday though, versus a Monday.

I think it's pretty short notice to send invites 10 days before the interview dates. I realize that today would only be 4 days more in advance but still, that's not a lot of time. O well.

Good luck to you and everybody else and I'll hopefully see everybody in Lexington on interview day!

All is quiet...... Has anyone heard of anyone getting an interview for February?

Nothing for me yet. I'm gonna go with dbarth's comment and say we will most likely hear something tomorrow, or possibly soon after.

Nothing for me yet. I'm gonna go with dbarth's comment and say we will most likely hear something tomorrow, or possibly soon after.

Always a good decision :thumbup: but yeah I'm pretty sure no one will get anything tomorrow. They typically send all of their stuff out in bulk, rather than doing it in small groups.