University of Kentucky Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Why wouldn't anyone get anything tomorrow? The email stated that the invites would go out no later than the 5th.

Whoops, meant to say until tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad.

To any current UK students or those of you applying to UK from out-of-state,

Are any of you worried about the financial commitment of UK? Looking at those tutition numbers has really scared me. UK is my #1 choice, but being from Maryland, UMD is so much cheaper. Does anyone have any advice on this? Should I base my pharmacy school choice on pricetag or program?

FYI: I really do not want to go the traditional pharmacy route - Im thinking I might go into veterinary pharmacy or research, which is why I believe UK may be better suited for me. Not mention I felt more at home at UK than I did at UMD.

Members don't see this ad :)
Heard some people received their invites today. Starting to get really nervous :scared:

I just got my interview offer this morning! Interview on 1/15. Good luck to everyone still waiting, I've been there so I know the feeling.

Congratulations PharmGen!

Speaking from experience, they will email you let you know whether they confirmed or denied your interview. I've been denied once but I've had a good PCAT experience since then which made my application more competitive. They won't leave you hangin. Since my last name is more towards the end of the alphabet I'm guessing that's why it's taking so long. Good luck to everybody!

Last edited:
Thanks! I'm pretty well towards the middle of the alphabet, so that makes sense.

It's almost 6 o clock today EST, February 5th, and still no word from UK. Has anyone heard anything?

So if we didn't hear today what does that mean?

From my experience, that means they haven't sent some of them out yet. If you applied they will let you know whether they confirm or deny your interview. Either way, everybody that applied and hasn't had an interview should receive a notification email.

I just received word from UK that invites for the February interviews will be sent out no later than Friday. Nobody hit the panic button.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received one this morning.

Congratulations! I don't know if it's because of my last name or the location of my file but I haven't received anything. Congrats to all who have!

Everyone that did not get an interview needs to hang in there. I have been there myself, I was turned away from veterinary school two consecutive times when I was in my early twenties, and who knows I still may find myself there again this year. I am now in my thirties and I just want to emphasize that it is never too late to follow your dreams. In the words of Coach Jim Valvano, "Never give up. Don't ever give up." Most of you are still young and have the rest of your life in front of you. Just take that attitude with you, be persistent, perserverant, and positive. If you do these things I guarantee that you will be very successful in life. Keep positivity a focus in your life for negativity breeds failure. Keep reapplying until you get in, thats what I am going to do if I don't get in this year. :thumbup:

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
― Thomas A. Edison

Very well said.

I've already been accepted to a pharmacy school but I really want to check out UK. Still no email confirming or denying my interview.

Very good quotes from your post that can apply to anyone given a trial in life. Well said.

You know how every time we apply to pharmacy schools, there is that one or two "dream school" that you do it for fun and with no big expectations? Well, UK is going to be mine. Ive been following their pharmacy program for quite some time now, emailed their advisors, and it seems like an excellent pharmacy school. I will be applying to UK just to see if they give me an interview.......or send a big LOL as my application response.

You know how every time we apply to pharmacy schools, there is that one or two "dream school" that you do it for fun and with no big expectations? Well, UK is going to be mine. Ive been following their pharmacy program for quite some time now, emailed their advisors, and it seems like an excellent pharmacy school. I will be applying to UK just to see if they give me an interview.......or send a big LOL as my application response.

Hey, you gotta for it. Follow your dreams. It's always worth a try.

Got an interview invite! :D I can't wait! Good luck to everybody interviewing this week!

I received mine just yesterday. It was quite the surprise to say the least.

Hey, just received an email telling me that they are going to be reviewing my application for the last interview dates. Does anyone know if accepting an offer from another school hurts your chances for other interviews? I received 5 before I accepted one and now I haven't heard back from any of the other schools.

Received my acceptance today. When and where do we mail in the deposit?

Last edited:
Just received my acceptance too! I'd say that it'll have that information in the email that comes after accepting your seat. It said that you should receive one 24-48 hours after accepting the offer.

I got accepted as well :) Congratulations to everyone! I interviewed on a Friday.

I got accepted as well :) Congratulations to everyone! I interviewed on a Friday.

Congrats...Did you find out last night as well? Also, did you interview in January or February?

I just got an email telling me that I was not admitted and they will review my application again at the end of March. :(

Thank you! Yea i found out this past Thursday (February 27th). I interviewed in mid February. I'm sorry that you're disappointed. Keep holding your head up. It's not over. Do you feel good about your interview and your stats?

Thank you! Yea i found out this past Thursday (February 27th). I interviewed in mid February. I'm sorry that you're disappointed. Keep holding your head up. It's not over. Do you feel good about your interview and your stats?

Thank you for the kind words. My stats are only average, but I have a lot of experience and was very involved in college. I felt like my interview went really well but I guess you never know! We will see what happens at the end of the month.

A friend of mine interviewed in the later part of last year, got deferred, and she just got accepted at the same time I did! You never know what will happen. Make sure to keep your grades up this semester. Even if you don't get in this month, you may be put on the summer waiting list. People do decline seats. Not trying to give you false hope but it is possible. Is UK your only applied school?

Just got an interview invite for the 18th! Anyone else interviewing then too? :)

A friend of mine interviewed in the later part of last year, got deferred, and she just got accepted at the same time I did! You never know what will happen. Make sure to keep your grades up this semester. Even if you don't get in this month, you may be put on the summer waiting list. People do decline seats. Not trying to give you false hope but it is possible. Is UK your only applied school?

I will keep my fingers crossed! I also interviewed at The University of Cincinnati (still haven't heard back) and got accepted to the University of Charleston. I am happy I got in somewhere but it is my last choice of all the schools I applied to. We will see what happens, I can't stress over this anymore!

Exactly. There's no sense in worrying about things that are out of your control. If UK doesn't work out, at least you do have a place where you can go, so the pressure is off. Good luck to you and I hope to see you in the fall!

Exactly. There's no sense in worrying about things that are out of your control. If UK doesn't work out, at least you do have a place where you can go, so the pressure is off. Good luck to you and I hope to see you in the fall!

Thank you! Congratulations again, it is a great accomplishment!

"The Admissions Committee will meet Wednesday, March 27, to make another round of admissions decisions. You will be notified of your admissions status no later than 5pm on Thursday, March 28, via the email address you have provided to PharmCAS.

5:05 pm Thursday, March 28th.......

Has anyone heard anything yet?...... I'm I the only one left that knows about this forum?????

I still haven't heard anything either

"The Admissions Committee will meet Wednesday, March 27, to make another round of admissions decisions. You will be notified of your admissions status no later than 5pm on Thursday, March 28, via the email address you have provided to PharmCAS.

5:05 pm Thursday, March 28th.......

Has anyone heard anything yet?...... Am I the only one left that knows about this forum?????

Still nothing...will you post as soon as you have heard something?