University of Kentucky provided textbooks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gasman2008

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if any current interns or residents know what books are provided free of charge by the dept? Im curious because I am looking into what books I should purchase myself and dont want to end up with two copies of the same book.

Members don't see this ad.

In short, I would buy no anesthesia textbooks at this time. Anything you are reading now will be absolutely lost after your mind and body are dragged through intern year like they are tied to a chain on a pickup truck.

Furthermore, once you arrive you should have an education allowance, so you will get reimbursed for books. As others have mentioned, if you must buy a book, get Marino's ICU book.

Fully agree with above post. I am now easily back to my pre-4th year level of anesthesia knowledge, but I have a much better understanding of what the 5th circle of hell might be like. :mad: Marino's book is great and if you read the whole thing your intern year, i would just read it again. (i have not done this) Soon i have a month off and i will be reading baby miller trying to flush all the useless junk i learned on rounds.:thumbup: