You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Old Anesthesia Textbooks - what to do?
Started by kidthor
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Put it in a cabinet in your office to impress the ladies
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
donate to library
Shoot at them then blow them up.
If they are first editions of classic texts, save them. Otherwise, probably landfill, sadly.
Solo stove. Use your residency issued scrubs and white coat for kindling
Doorstop? Table balance?
Same thing I do with new textbooks…
D
deleted87051
Solo stove. Use your residency issued scrubs and white coat for kindling
But don’t troll Greta Thunberg while you do it😉
Recycling
D
deleted87051
Borrowing from another thread.
Leave it in your nightstand. Open it up and try to get through a chapter when you can’t fall asleep.
Leave it in your nightstand. Open it up and try to get through a chapter when you can’t fall asleep.
D
deleted643396
A few years back, I sold a bunch on eBay for $1. With shipping, I essentially paid to have someone take them off my hands. Hopefully some frugal resident was able to make good use of them.
There is a book drop near me that claims they will take any and all books. I dropped some off there. What they do with them beyond that is anyone’s guess.
There is a book drop near me that claims they will take any and all books. I dropped some off there. What they do with them beyond that is anyone’s guess.
I'm in the same declutter mode with a reno vs move on the horizon and I don't these textbooks are making the cut. So many of them are on kindle now as said above you just need to hope a resident looking to taken them off your hands wants them and yes, you'll be paying to have them take them.
I'd rather decorate my shelf with Ron Chernow, Erik Larson, and Mick Herron novels tbh (which will probably impress the same amount of ladies)
I'd rather decorate my shelf with Ron Chernow, Erik Larson, and Mick Herron novels tbh (which will probably impress the same amount of ladies)
If there was a cheap way to get them to some third world hospitals, that could be useful. One of our people used to do missions to Africa and would cart several over there and leave them. They take up so much room and are so heavy, so it would definitely impact the ease of travel for such a long distance. I live in the country and occasionally have big bonfires to get rid of fallen limbs. A few years back, I used several old texts to get the fire burning better. They were super effective in that role.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If people are trying to offload, I would be happy to buy them/pay for shipping. Maybe start a book exchange on the private forum? Haven’t been able to switch over to digital books yet.
Edit:
I also like collecting old texts. Have an anesthesia book that’s from the 60s that’s fun to read.
Edit:
I also like collecting old texts. Have an anesthesia book that’s from the 60s that’s fun to read.
Last edited: