University of Louisville Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Snail mail has arrived.. Got it today

I am so jealous!!!! I hope I get mine tomorrow!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my letter in the mail today.

Matt2010, I sent you a PM!

I went online on ask.com and they said it should take 2 or 3 days not including the day it was mailed to get from ky to az. That means I should be getting my letter today. I am stoked:D

It Just Got Here!!

Last edited:
I received mine today. Wow, $1,000 deposit...

*Sorry, I was just being sarcastic Beaver. My mail is definitely slower*

Last edited:
why do you think your acceptance was a mistake...Maybe your mail just takes longer mine always is slow.

My mail doesn't come till about 5:00...and if I dont get it today, I will think mine is a mistake!

I didn't receive my letter today :( ... it's all good though, I've been in contact with admissions already so I know that I'm accepted, *knockonwood* lol.

Do they accept Visa or American Express for the deposit?

I didn't receive my letter today :( ... it's all good though, I've been in contact with admissions already so I know that I'm accepted, *knockonwood* lol.

Do they accept Visa or American Express for the deposit?
It just says check or money order. I don't even know what the hell a money order is.

Just called to check to make sure I wasn't a mistake....i'm not:) Phew!!!:oops:

Mannnnnnnn I was really hoping to charge that one to a credit card.....my money was all sucked up during interviews....Looks like Ill have to join the circus again to make some extra dough...

does the acceptance letter mention anything about scholarships?

Members don't see this ad :)
I expected to receive my letter today! I live in FL, I figured it would be here by now.

I expected to receive my letter today! I live in FL, I figured it would be here by now.

If it makes you feel better I'm in FL and I haven't gotten mine yet either

Went in and paid my deposit today.. They said they'll be putting up the class website sometime after January 15, so I guess that's the next thing to look forward to.

Got mine yesterday! Can't wait to get this show on the road!!

Got mine yesterday as well. Did anyone get the letter from the dean with your last name crossed off and your first name written in?

Got mine yesterday as well. Did anyone get the letter from the dean with your last name crossed off and your first name written in?
Nope, mine just says Dear Mr._________. That sounds like an attempt to reel you in. HA, now you are in the drivers seat. Make them squirm. Just joking, come join us :D.

I just got mine today and I noticed that too :)

same for me...maybe they thought that by crossing it out and writing our first name, it made the letter more personal? Just a guess...

Any idea if Louisville gives a tuition allowance for a laptop or loupes? Is a new laptop required when class starts?

The 13'' macbook pro is looking more and more appealing with each passing day :)

Yes that's exactly what mine had... An attempt to personalize the letter is what I believe too. They should have written the whole thing out haha

I received mine today. Wow, $1,000 deposit...

*Sorry, I was just being sarcastic Beaver. My mail is definitely slower*

Your deposit is really $1000?

Last edited:
Yea, pretty steep. Is your's not? I'm OOS; although I wasn't aware that we had more expensive deposits, just more expensive tuition.

Yeah mine was $200. I guess either its because they know I'm a broke college grad or because I'm in-state.. peobably the latter haha

Man, $200 and $1000 is a pretty big difference. But it makes sense.

My theory (may not be true but I think it makes sense): the out-of-staters are more likely to withdraw after putting their deposit down than the in-staters. Dr. Babbage even told me there's always a lot of movement with out-of-staters when second-round acceptances go out. So it sounds like a good way to make some quick cash. Sucks for you guys though...

My theory (may not be true but I think it makes sense): the out-of-staters are more likely to withdraw after putting their deposit down than the in-staters. Dr. Babbage even told me there's always a lot of movement with out-of-staters when second-round acceptances go out. So it sounds like a good way to make some quick cash. Sucks for you guys though...
Haha, I mean it makes perfect sense. Like you said it definitely helps them make some quick cash, but it also deters those who are not that serious about Louisville (i.e. accepted at other preferred schools) from putting down a deposit. Therefore they can send out other offers to other candidates.
So, for those 100% set on UL, when do you think you'll be looking for a place or moving?? I know it's early, but i'm ancy.

My wife and I are going to head to Louisville at the beginning of January and she is going to get her resume out (as a dental hygienist). We plan on looking at property at the same time. If she quickly finds a job and we find the right house/condo/apartment, then we'll likely be moving in early march! I can't wait! If we do end up moving much earlier, I think I'll talk to Louisville about the summer research program ($3000 stipend for 8-10 weeks of research).

that sounds great atticus my wife and i are also headed out to check out jobs and houses. Do you know the requirements to do summer research? i am more than excited to get my hands dirty. Also, i am out of state and need to know the total tuition charged per semester. i have searched all over and only found that it is $49,100/yr. But as you know we only have to go until May or so our senior year. In that case we won't be paying for a whole three semester year...right? thanks anyone who can help.

Yes. Type in university of louisville school of dentistry class of 2014.

Do they make you buy a new laptop or can you just use the one you have?

For those of you with a significant other, do they all plan on working while you are in dental school?

Yeah, my girlfriend is already looking at apartments and possible jobs since I might be comin to Louisville.

probably not, my wife and I have a 6 month old baby. It will be interesting to see how everything will work out for us financially.

probably not, my wife and I have a 6 month old baby. It will be interesting to see how everything will work out for us financially.

Yeah my wife is due July 11th(busy July!!), and we are trying to figure out how everything will work financially. Glad I am not the only one...

My wife is looking at contracts at all of the various hospitals around so hopefully she will have one by the time we move.

did you guys get the e-mail from the school about holiday greetings with the attached video? I watched it with my wife and father. I am stoked for Louisville.:highfive:

Has anyone had to contact the school about "planned" courses that you may not be able to complete? Just wonder if they can revoke your acceptance if you aren't able to complete the course intented?

For those of you with a significant other, do they all plan on working while you are in dental school?

I've got a Sugar Momma. She's looking for occupational therapist jobs now. Hopefully, with her working, I won't have to take out as many loans.

Has anyone had to contact the school about "planned" courses that you may not be able to complete? Just wonder if they can revoke your acceptance if you aren't able to complete the course intented?

I haven't contacted the school about planned courses, and haven't received anything about classes I needed...so I am assuming I don't need to take any more. did you receive something saying that you needed to take more courses?

My letter of acceptance indicated I needed to complete all in progress and planned courses. However, money just got tight and I will not be able to complete 1 more upper division bio class this spring. I will have my degree coupled with more than 150 credit hours. All pre-reque are done this was just listed to supplement my education before attending dental school as one more upper division course.

My letter of acceptance indicated I needed to complete all in progress and planned courses. However, money just got tight and I will not be able to complete 1 more upper division bio class this spring. I will have my degree coupled with more than 150 credit hours. All pre-reque are done this was just listed to supplement my education before attending dental school as one more upper division course.

Have you sent in your deposit yet? I haven't, and my letter of acceptance doesn't mention anything about classes...just talks about how its unsubsidized, what I am paying for, a confirmation form, and who to make the check out too...Am I missing something? 4 pieces of paper all together