University of Louisville Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GoldTigerPirate

I'm on a boat
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congratulations to everyone who became a Louisville Cardinal today!

I'm not the first, but I won't be the last...Thank God, I am in.

Members don't see this ad.

congrats! me too! never been so happy/shocked!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in...I have never been happier!!!!:D

Food has finally gotten it's taste back. My life was derailed for a while there. Now it's time to detox from all the stress. Good work Zambonis.

I am so stoked! Yesterday at 11:00 seemed almost unreal! here I come Louisville!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously made my year :love::love::love::love::love:

I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats everyone!

I'm in and couldn't be more excited! Now I just need to plan a trip with my wife to go and see the campus! I interviewed in Salt Lake City and haven't had a chance to see Cardinal territory in real life :thumbup:

I'm in and couldn't be more excited! Now I just need to plan a trip with my wife to go and see the campus! I interviewed in Salt Lake City and haven't had a chance to see Cardinal territory in real life :thumbup:

I'm in the same vote! Do you know any other students down there right now from Utah? I feel like I don't know anyone or anything about the place! I need info! I might be flying out there too!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I'm from Idaho and I don't know anyone in Louisville. I guess I'll just have to make a mini-vacation out of the deal, lol.

Yeah, I'm from Idaho and I don't know anyone in Louisville. I guess I'll just have to make a mini-vacation out of the deal, lol.
Louisville is a great city with lots to do and it's cheap(er). I think you will enjoy it. I was looking at the predents and about 12/28 of the accepted students are from Utah/ Idaho. They must like you western fellas. Congratulations.

So there was talk of adding 40 new seats. Do we know if this is for our class this coming year, or if they are incrementally adding seats until the new clinic is finished?

GOOD NEWS!!!!!!! I just tlaked to the school. THey ahve added the 40 seats for this incoming class and they have broken ground on the new clinic!! So awesome we will probably be the first to be in the seats

GOOD NEWS!!!!!!! I just tlaked to the school. THey ahve added the 40 seats for this incoming class and they have broken ground on the new clinic!! So awesome we will probably be the first to be in the seats
Did they not mention all this at your interview?? Expanding the class, renovations, etc..?

I'm in too! My life is finally back on track.

Congrats Everybody!!! I'm the freshman class president and we are looking forward to you guys joining us. We have some good things planned for you. Enjoy your time before you start dental school. Seriously.

Last edited:
Is anyone for sure taking the UofL offer and declining others? I'm definitely taking it...

I'm about 90% sure im accepting the offer :)

Someone should start up a facebook group.

Someone should start up a facebook group.
Yea, whoever is 100% positive they're going get on it. And don't make it sloppy like this acceptance thread. Make it official and exciting cause I may be joining in a week or so.

Where you waiting to hear from? and how long are you going to hold out?

I am 95% sure I am taking it. My wife and I have already started looking at apartments! I can't wait to live in Louisville

Where you waiting to hear from? and how long are you going to hold out?
Just UNC. If I get into UNC I will take a week or so to make a decision. Both schools are even to me, regardless of price. I'm definitely NOT trying to hold out. I want this all to end.

I loved Louisville though. Just seemed like a perfect fit. And the city is sweet.

Yea, whoever is 100% positive they're going get on it. And don't make it sloppy like this acceptance thread. Make it official and exciting cause I may be joining in a week or so.

Ha that's funny... I started one last night and right before I submitted, I figured not enough people know if they're coming for sure. I'll definitely start one tonight.

Just UNC. If I get into UNC I will take a week or so to make a decision. Both schools are even to me, regardless of price. I'm definitely NOT trying to hold out. I want this all to end.

I loved Louisville though. Just seemed like a perfect fit. And the city is sweet.
haha I agree I am so ready for this all to be over with. Tarheels or Cardinals...it would be a tough decision.

haha I agree I am so ready for this all to be over with. Tarheels or Cardinals...it would be a tough decision.
Haha, honestly I have never been a fan of Tarheel sports, but rather their academics . I had some friends who played on the football and baseball teams, but besides that, everyone's obsession with them kind of made me sick. So if it came down to sports, go cardinals. Oh and does anyone know how we make the initial deposit?

I tried to start a group but there were no options for selecting a group type therefore I couldn't create it, I'll try again later.

Sorry you think the thread is sloppy. Obviously its not the "official" thread because it doesn't have all those fancy asterisks nor says "official" LoL.
I just wanted to congratulate everyone and offer a word of praise. Feel free to make the "official", non-sloppy thread if you like. No worries, my friend.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity from looking at your name, did you get into Florida?

Nope, waitlisted. Louisville was my first choice though even over UF so it just made the news even easier to break to my parents :thumbup:

any of you get the snail mail yet? I wont believe its true until I get that mail!!!:D

Nope, waitlisted. Louisville was my first choice though even over UF so it just made the news even easier to break to my parents :thumbup:

I hear ya. I'm in the same boat. I thought that I would have a tough decision, but it ended up being made for me.

I may add some of you as friends, so if you see someone random you don't know.......:)

Have any of you called Louisville yet and confirmed that you are going there yet? Have any of you made the down payment yet? My parents and my wife want me to wait at least a week to see what other schools are doing. But I definitely am going to Louisville despite any other pending acceptance.

Wanted to see if anyone had received the letter in the mail yet?

Wanted to see if anyone had received the letter in the mail yet?
I haven't, but the mail dude hasn't arrived. He's a skit skat and never comes at the same time of the day. Was your mail absent of the letter?

I haven't, but the mail dude hasn't arrived. He's a skit skat and never comes at the same time of the day. Was your mail absent of the letter?
Yea, I didn't get anything today. I'm just ready to get this show on the road. And to see what the next step is.

Last edited:
Snail mail has arrived.. Got it today