University of Louisville Interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

playa2652

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I got an interview with University of Louisville today. I'm happy I got the interview, but I really only applied there as a safety school. It's a good school and all, but I'm just afraid of facing possible racial profiling there because I'm Asian. I also want to wait a bit longer to see if more of the schools I applied for in the West and East Coast get back to me soon. What do you guys think I should do?

Members don't see this ad.

Sweet deal! Congratulations on your interview! If you don't mind my asking, when was your application complete with Louisville? (Trying to figure out how long it took them to decide.) Also, they notified you via email? Thanks a ton!

Hey guys. I got an interview with University of Louisville today. I'm happy I got the interview, but I really only applied there as a safety school. It's a good school and all, but I'm just afraid of facing possible racial profiling there because I'm Asian. I also want to wait a bit longer to see if more of the schools I applied for in the West and East Coast get back to me soon. What do you guys think I should do?

Congrats on the interview. I'm not sure why you are worried about "racial profiling" at any school. They love diversity. There also appears to be a lot of asian students applying to dental school (or so I've learned from SDN), so I'm sure it's not an issue. Schools would rather accept as many ethnicities as possible to create a diverse student body, than have everyone be the same. I work at a medical school, and that is what these kinds of schools pride themselves on!!

How long ago did you submit your secondary (money$) to Louisville? Just wondering :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I went to louisville last week, they are VERY diverse, seriously. I was surprised at the variety of ethnicities and backgrounds. They are a very welcoming school, all of them are super nice and the student body seems like a family. You should go, I think you'd be pleasantly surprised.

I totally agree 100 percent on the post above. The entire student body was EXTREMELY welcoming. I am also Asian and I had the same perspective before I actually went there and interviewed. Louisville caught me by surprise. I really liked everything about it. Seriously.

hey i haven't been to the school, but i have been to louisville multiple times (my mom lives there) and there are a lot of different backgrounds there!!! she's asian and she's never had more asian friends til she moved over there haha so really, i don't think you have anything to worry about.

I am half-japanese and I felt really uncomfortable during the whole day at Louisville. It was as if they were judging me b/c of my pasty-yellow skin.

Im just joking....relax. Serisouly the people at U of L are so great. From students, faculty, and other people working in the building. They really make you feel welcome and have students from many nations and are quite diverse. If any 'racial profiling' does occur it will be coming from you and not the DS. They really make everyone feel like family there.