university of maryland Baltimore (Entering 2015)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anybody heard back from the school recently?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations!
Do you mind sharing your GPA, PCAT and work/volunteer experience?

Out of state. 3.0, 86
working at a pharmacy for 2 years now
good luck!!!

i'm sure me being out of state was part of it.
They want my tuition >:O

i also just got in yay!!
how much is it in state and out of state? and anybody know about transferring stateship?

Me too finally !!!!! :soexcited:

GPA 3.65
PCAT 94
pending prerequisite : Microbiology

Out of state

Pharmacy work experience : a few months part time
work experience : Environmental testing lab :)

Ughh.. I applied back in September 2014 to enter this fall 2015. My PHARMCAS & everything is up to date. I still have not received an email for an interview invite. My PCAT score was okay, but I have a lot of experience in research and a really good GPA. The wait is killing me. :shrug: I'm trying to stay positive Mrs. Sharpe said that my application is still under review... Hopefully I hear from them soon. This school is my first choice.

Have you heard from the school?

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks a lot! i'll just wait till summer time..very excited!!!

There is a facebook page!
I will try to link it later, I'm on my phone.

Does anyone know if its possible to sit in on a day of classes before accepting?

I'm trying to decide between schools and I really want to know where I fit in better.

Hey! I've checked out a couple of the older threads and I'm wondering if people on the waitlist are actually contacted by the school about being placed on the waitlist or if people only find out by calling the school themselves? If it is only by calling the school themselves, I'm wondering when exactly would be an appropriate time to do so. Thank you! Congrats to everyone who has been accepted so far! :cool:

Hey! I've checked out a couple of the older threads and I'm wondering if people on the waitlist are actually contacted by the school about being placed on the waitlist or if people only find out by calling the school themselves? If it is only by calling the school themselves, I'm wondering when exactly would be an appropriate time to do so. Thank you! Congrats to everyone who has been accepted so far! :cool:

How are you sure you are on the waitlist?

How are you sure you are on the waitlist?
I'm just assuming that I may have been placed on the waitlist based off of previous years' threads, but I'm not sure about my status since I haven't received any updates.

Cool...
Somerset .... (very close to New Brunswick).... lol
cool- so rutgers is right near you- are you hoping to get in there? I applied and haven't heard a thing. Does anyone know anyone who interviewed there?

cool- so rutgers is right near you- are you hoping to get in there? I applied and haven't heard a thing. Does anyone know anyone who interviewed there?
I interviewed at Rutgers last week. I'm a student there btw

do you know if they did interviews for transfers?
i have yet to hear anything from them
I'm not too sure, I emailed the dean to ask whether they looked at my app a few weeks ago and about a week later I received an interview invite. I think they just started their interview process for transfer students a few weeks ago because they were doing interviews for their PP2 students. I think interviews will go on till about late May, so don't lose hope. Contact them if necessary.

Yes, it is. :)
No I didn't apply there. Good luck with your Rutgers application, I hope you get an interview soon.

@Evatweet @pharmpyt
just saw on my online thing for rutgers that it says interview requested- thanks for all your help and good wishes...

P.S. Anyone with a yahoo e-mail address, your acceptance e-mails can get stuck in the spam folder!

P.P.S. Great school and very nice faculty, Baltimore campus is in a very shady location. Couldn't afford to live in the other satellite areas near DC/Virginia so I ended up turning down the seat to someone else deserving.

P.P.P.S. Did anyone else get the vibe that the student interviewers were on the Debby Downers side? (Rightfully so, I spoke to an upperclassmen P3 so she was well aware of the retail and hospital market in that region.)

P.S. Anyone with a yahoo e-mail address, your acceptance e-mails can get stuck in the spam folder!

P.P.S. Great school and very nice faculty, Baltimore campus is in a very shady location. Couldn't afford to live in the other satellite areas near DC/Virginia so I ended up turning down the seat to someone else deserving.

P.P.P.S. Did anyone else get the vibe that the student interviewers were on the Debby Downers side? (Rightfully so, I spoke to an upperclassmen P3 so she was well aware of the retail and hospital market in that region.)

Thanks for letting us know! Do you mind sharing where you are going?

Thanks for letting us know! Do you mind sharing where you are going?

Saving my seat at the University of Minnesota for now, but I'm most likely taking a gap year. I am re-evaluating my career goals. If you have an interview soon, take a CAB from the airport or train station. The immediate neighborhood is NOT walking-friendly!

Are you currently an undergrad at university of baltimore? I didn't think that they even offered science majors- just business/law/crimal justice etc.

Are you currently an undergrad at university of baltimore? I didn't think that they even offered science majors- just business/law/crimal justice etc.

Did my undergraduate there, but took my pre-requisites at BCCC and UMBC after I graduated. Are you going there for pharmacy school this year?

Did my undergraduate there, but took my pre-requisites at BCCC and UMBC after I graduated. Are you going there for pharmacy school this year?

Ahh I see! Im going to undergrad at a smaller school just outside of baltimore but yes I will be going to UMB for pharmacy school in the fall. My brother actually goes to UMBC haha

Reactions: 1 user
Received an email today letting me know I'm on the wait list. I called to find out which number I am and they gave me a range of 5-10.

I just got accepted to Shady Grove campus but I am wanting to switch to Baltimore (my preferred choice but it is full...) Does anyone know how likely it is to get into Baltimore if I don't pay the deposit and be on the waitlist?

Saving my seat at the University of Minnesota for now, but I'm most likely taking a gap year. I am re-evaluating my career goals. If you have an interview soon, take a CAB from the airport or train station. The immediate neighborhood is NOT walking-friendly!
Congrats!

Last edited:
I am also on the wait list... :( I am saving the seat at University at Buffalo. If I cannot get into the Baltimore campus, I need to move to Buffalo in July.

Does anyone know how many people are placed on the waitlist (is everyone who is not accepted placed on the waitlist) ?

I just got accepted to Shady Grove campus but I am wanting to switch to Baltimore (my preferred choice but it is full...) Does anyone know how likely it is to get into Baltimore if I don't pay the deposit and be on the waitlist?

I was accepted into Shady Grove campus but then I sent them a deposit with a letter that saying I would like to be switched to the Baltimore campus. Then as soon as they got my deposit and the letter, they changed it for me. I hope this will help... :)

Reactions: 1 user
I was accepted into Shady Grove campus but then I sent them a deposit with a letter that saying I would like to be switched to the Baltimore campus. Then as soon as they got my deposit and the letter, they changed it for me. I hope this will help... :)

Were you on the waitlist? If so, do you mind sharing which number you were on the waitlist? And if not, do you mind sharing when did you receive your acceptance email?