University of Miami Masters in Biomedical Sciences (MiBS) Fall 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedSchool5112

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I haven't seen much information on SDN about this program that is provided by the Miller School of Medicine at UM. So, I wanted to start a thread for those of us who are applying or thinking about planning applying to this program.

Has anyone submitted their application yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys!

I haven't seen much information on SDN about this program that is provided by the Miller School of Medicine at UM. So, I wanted to start a thread for those of us who are applying or thinking about planning applying to this program.

Has anyone submitted their application yet?
Hi! I am applying this cycle and have already submitted.

Hi! I am applying this cycle and have already submitted.
Ahh okay! Yeah I haven't submitted yet because I'm having an issue with getting one of my transcripts smh. Have you heard anything from the program after you submitted? Bro, do you know if we're allowed to upload or send an unofficial copy of our transcript(s)?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ahh okay! Yeah I haven't submitted yet because I'm having an issue with getting one of my transcripts smh. Have you heard anything from the program after you submitted? Bro, do you know if we're allowed to upload or send an unofficial copy of our transcript(s)?
So after submitting, Biomed Cas verified it the same day. I'm still waiting on my last recommender though so that's holding up my app. I actually had no issue with my transcripts even though I had to send from 3 diff schools, and one of them wasn't even electronic. The only thing I sent them for the application was the mcat score verification, but for transcripts since they go through biomed cas I think they would only take official :/ but you should e-mail them!! they replied to me pretty quickly.

So after submitting, Biomed Cas verified it the same day. I'm still waiting on my last recommender though so that's holding up my app. I actually had no issue with my transcripts even though I had to send from 3 diff schools, and one of them wasn't even electronic. The only thing I sent them for the application was the mcat score verification, but for transcripts since they go through biomed cas I think they would only take official :/ but you should e-mail them!! they replied to me pretty quickly.
Would you mind sharing your stats please!

Hey guys,

I recently applied to this program as well. Does anyone know how long it takes to hear something back, or when we'll hear something back?
I interviewed Friday, but I am not sure how long it takes for them to make decisions

I interviewed Friday, but I am not sure how long it takes for them to make decisions
Hey, any interview advice you can give??? Are you allowed to share what the format of the interview was like? Let me know! I would really really appreciate it :)