SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

University of Minnesota Class of 2022 Applicants

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by doubletwenty, Sep 9, 2017.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. doubletwenty

doubletwenty

Feb 25, 2016
    I am still in shock and thrilled to receive an interview from this school. Is there anyone else applying here?

akikea likes this.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. pharmgoal2018

pharmgoal2018

Jul 23, 2017
    Would you mind telling your stat? I'm not sure mine guide Ne to UoM

4. doubletwenty

doubletwenty

Feb 25, 2016
    My stats are posted on the unc 2018 and uic 2018 forum. I don't want to be repetitive.

5. Bluejay77

Bluejay77

Sep 20, 2017
    I just received an interview invitation from Minnesota as well! Best of luck!

6. slothsrule89

slothsrule89

Feb 15, 2017
    I'm planning to apply to UofMN this cycle. I am working on getting my application done. Internship, taking a class and working full time takes a toll on getting stuff done!

7. doubletwenty

doubletwenty

Feb 25, 2016
    Oh when are you interviewing @Bluejay77 ? Best of luck to you too!

8. Bluejay77

Bluejay77

Sep 20, 2017
    I'll be interviewing in Duluth on October 13th! Although my campus preference would be the Twin Cities I think! How about you?

9. doubletwenty

doubletwenty

Feb 25, 2016
    I'm applying out of state so I don't know which campus I should choose. I just put no preference lol. And my interview is this friday so I am pretty nervous as the day is getting closer.

akikea likes this.
  10. Bluejay77

Bluejay77

Sep 20, 2017
    I'm from Minnesota. Honestly I don't think it matters, you'll get the same education.

Duluth is a beautiful city with a lot of recreational things to do, think north woods with a huge lake and port city. It's a lot less congested than the Twin Cities, but the winters are brutally cold and snowy.

A lot to do in the Twin Cities and it's honestly a clean and well kept area. Rent will also be a bit higher here, more traffic, but the winters aren't as bad. Still a lot to do and centralized in the middle of the state.

Don't worry too much about the interview. I plan to be myself and answer questions honestly. If my heart wasn't sure about the duties or responsibilities as a pharmacist I wouldn't even pursue it, so just relax!

akikea likes this.
  11. doubletwenty

doubletwenty

Feb 25, 2016
    Ah okay. Thanks a lot for the advice. Maybe I'll consider selecting twin cities at the interview day haha.

12. slothsrule89

slothsrule89

Feb 15, 2017
    I know that when I went to preview day, they really say to be open to both campuses. Duluth is a smaller campus and better COL. Its about 2 hours from the twin cites so it's not like you can go down for a weekend.

I know the people who put no preference were more likely to get in because you are open to both campuses.

Go with an open mind. It also is cheaper to go to Duluth so consider that with tuition.

akikea likes this.
  13. doubletwenty

doubletwenty

Feb 25, 2016
    Duluth is a very nice city. On the interview day, they said it doesn't affect the admission decisions based on the campus reference. In addition, they took out the twin cities/ duluth only option. Even though, I put preference to twin cities, I would not mind living in duluth either. I just put preference to twin cities mainly bc of warmer weather and bc they said there are more hospital locations in twin cities.
    Aside from that, I am just anxiously waiting to hear back from them after the interview haha.

akikea likes this.
  14. slothsrule89

slothsrule89

Feb 15, 2017
    How did the interview go? I'm taking the PCAT at the end of the month and slowly working on finishing the application. I def would love to stay in the twin cities as I have lived here for 6 years and most of my friends live here.

15. doubletwenty

doubletwenty

Feb 25, 2016
    My interview was really laid-back. I think as long as you study the questions on the interview feedback in sdn, you should be okay. My interviewer spent the first ten minutes talking about himself, so it was mostly conversational for me. It might be a different experience for you though. Good luck on the application process.
    Since I interviewed on Sep 29, they told me at the interview that I would get my decision no later than oct 20. So, I'm just waiting until then.

16. slothsrule89

slothsrule89

Feb 15, 2017
    Thanks, I'm honestly not worried. I'm ready for this next chapter in my life. Looking forward to applying and seeing what happens.

17. Bluejay77

Bluejay77

Sep 20, 2017
    Glad to hear it went well @doubletwenty! I'm getting anxious/excited to interview next Friday. I'm pretty laid back and a good conversationalist so hopefully that helps in the interview!

18. doubletwenty

doubletwenty

Feb 25, 2016
    It seems the interview went well @Bluejay77 but I have low confidence so I always second guess myself. Just anxiously waiting until the decisions come out.
    I'm sure that should be good enough for your interview too haha.

19. Bluejay77

Bluejay77

Sep 20, 2017
    My interview went really well! I'll hear back by November 3rd, fingers crossed!

20. doubletwenty

doubletwenty

Feb 25, 2016
    Nice, good luck bluejay77. I am going to find out this week. Fingers crossed. I'll be checking my email non-stop this week now lol.

21. doubletwenty

doubletwenty

Feb 25, 2016
    Just found out that I got accepted. Most likely I'll attend.

Bluejay77 likes this.
  22. Bluejay77

Bluejay77

Sep 20, 2017
    Awesome @doubletwenty! Congrats! I ended up picking the Duluth campus, if I get in maybe I'll still see you over the ITV screens :)

23. doubletwenty

doubletwenty

Feb 25, 2016
    Haha yeah maybe i'll see you too! Lol the only reason I picked Twin Cities was mainly bc it's a bit warmer. Otherwise I would've been fine with Duluth too. :p
    Now the main problem is finding housing but I'll worry about that until later.

24. Bluejay77

Bluejay77

Sep 20, 2017
    Found out I got accepted yesterday! Duluth it will be!

25. doubletwenty

doubletwenty

Feb 25, 2016
    Lol congrats, they got to you back a lot faster than mine haha. There is a facebook group right now. I'm not sure if they sent you an email about it yet.

26. Bluejay77

Bluejay77

Sep 20, 2017
    I just completed the paperwork to hold my seat, so I'm guessing it'll come after that :)

27. dannnielleeee

dannnielleeee 2+ Year Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Cleveland, OH
    I submitted my supplemental on 10/24, and got an interview offer today (10/30)! So happy!

28. snowpharmD

snowpharmD

Oct 9, 2017
    Good luck on your interview! Be prepare.

29. dannnielleeee

Jun 2, 2015
    Cleveland, OH
    Thanks! Any tips? I haven't looked into the format they use yet. To be honest I didn't think I was going to get an invite from them, lol. I have an interview with University at Buffalo this Friday (my first) so hopefully that helps warm me up a bit.

30. Bluejay77

Bluejay77

Sep 20, 2017
    Just relax for the interview! Your day will consist of a welcoming from the Dean and then a one-on-one 45 minute interview with a member of the faculty. My interview was very conversational and not at all nerve wracking. After the interview is out of the way you'll be able to tour the school and ask the student panel some questions as well as learn about both campuses.

Relax and try to enjoy it, I surely did!

31. Bali12

Bali12

Oct 3, 2017
    Hey guys!
    I submitted my Pharmcas application on 10/10 and it was verified on 10/26. How long does it normally take to hear back from U of M regarding interview invitation?? Also, I haven't received any email from U of M, stating that they have received my application, supplemental app, and processing fee. Is that normal??

Thanks!

32. dannnielleeee

Jun 2, 2015
    Cleveland, OH
    Here's my timeline:

10/13: Submitted PharmCAS (applied to three other schools but didn't submit my UMN application at this time)
    10/19: PharmCAS verified
    10/24: UMN application submitted (including supplemental within PharmCAS)
    10/25: Received request from UMN for application fee (paid and got a receipt email that day)
    10/30: Received interview invitation (RSVP'd same day, and was told that a confirmed date would be provided within 2-3 days)

After paying the $75 application fee directly to UMN, I didn't get any other email other than the receipt email from the payment. No other confirmation or "we're currently reviewing your application" type of email. The next thing I got was an interview invitation.

33. doubletwenty

doubletwenty

Feb 25, 2016
    If you can handle the interview at buffalo, you can handle the interview at Minnesota lol. From my experience, buffalo tried to destroy me with their tough interview questions whereas Minnesota was more casual and conversational. I got into both regardless and chose Minnesota over Buffalo.

34. Pangaea

Pangaea

Aug 5, 2017
    Interviewing on the 17th, super stoked because I love this school

35. doubletwenty

doubletwenty

Feb 25, 2016
    Good luck to you Pangaea!

36. dannnielleeee

Jun 2, 2015
    Cleveland, OH
    I'll be there on the 17th too!

Pangaea and akikea like this.
  37. akikea

akikea

Nov 1, 2017
    He
    MINE IS ON THE 17TH TOO AND IT'S AT DULUTH.

Pangaea likes this.
  38. akikea

akikea

Nov 1, 2017

39. dannnielleeee

Jun 2, 2015
    Cleveland, OH
  40. Pangaea

Pangaea

Aug 5, 2017
    @akikea @dannnielleeee my interview is at the Duluth campus. I'm from the Twin Cities and did my undergrad there, so it'll be interesting to check out the Duluth campus too

41. slothsrule89

slothsrule89

Feb 15, 2017
    The PCAT was brutal for me today. Hopefully, it didn't dash my chances of getting in. I just am a slow test taker and really struggled with keeping pace in the chem/math portions. I'll be working on getting my app done now!

42. MNTPharm

MNTPharm

Wednesday
    Has anyone from the November 3rd interview session received a yay/nay email yet?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017 at 8:21 PM