University of Minnesota Class of 2022 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh really?
Thought it was 108 in tc and 60 in duluth. Or so they told me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are the programs the same?

Yes. All lectures on the TC campus are streamed through ITV to Duluth and vice versa. There are professors for each class on both campuses.

Does anyone know how full the TC campus is to Duluth campus?

They said they fill both campuses proportionally as they go, so they should be equally full percentage-wise. But me and someone else from my same interview date got assigned to Duluth when we asked for Twin Cities so I guess more people are asking for Twin Cities.

For people who were accepted already, did any of you guys get an email about a fellowship scholarship application? It seems pretty competitive and only one applicant can get it.

just withdrew my application! good luck to rest of y'all

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh no, why did you withdraw if you don't mind me asking?
I thought I can tolerate the coldness, but went to Wisconsin last week and barely survived over there. I know it's a silly reason but don't see myself over there anymore. Also, My interview was at duluth. As an OOS, I don't think its worth it anymore.

I thought I can tolerate the coldness, but went to Wisconsin last week and barely survived over there. I know it's a silly reason but don't see myself over there anymore. Also, My interview was at duluth. As an OOS, I don't think its worth it anymore.

Haha I understand! The cold is definitely something I need to keep in mind too. Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted my application to UMN at the end of December and haven't heard anything back yet. Does anybody know how long it usually takes or maybe applied around the same time and heard back already?

I submitted my application to UMN at the end of December and haven't heard anything back yet. Does anybody know how long it usually takes or maybe applied around the same time and heard back already?

Hi! I applied 12/6 and was invited to interview on 12/11. I would email the pharmacy school admissions team and ask them about it. It could be that they’re slowing down their turnaround time now since it’s getting later in the cycle.

Heyy just interviewed today (1/20), will post as soon as I get answer.

Gray can you share your thoughts on the interview? I felt that the middle of my interview was just question after question. Thought we would keep going on forever. The beginning and end was pleasant though!

Hi! I applied 12/6 and was invited to interview on 12/11. I would email the pharmacy school admissions team and ask them about it. It could be that they’re slowing down their turnaround time now since it’s getting later in the cycle.

may I ask why lol.

I got into Maryland and they're giving me scholarship money. Plus I'd love to do residency at Johns Hopkins or Walter Reed, and the predicted job growth in Maryland is 14% vs 1% in Minnesota.

Heyy just interviewed today (1/20), will post as soon as I get answer.

Gray can you share your thoughts on the interview? I felt that the middle of my interview was just question after question. Thought we would keep going on forever. The beginning and end was pleasant though!

The interview itself was not that bad in my opinion, however I did have difficulty asking my interviewer questions at the end. I think I asked maybe 4 questions.

I got into Maryland and they're giving me scholarship money. Plus I'd love to do residency at Johns Hopkins or Walter Reed, and the predicted job growth in Maryland is 14% vs 1% in Minnesota.
Nice! Im actually going to Maryland this week for my interview !

The interview itself was not that bad in my opinion, however I did have difficulty asking my interviewer questions at the end. I think I asked maybe 4 questions.
Just curious, what did you ask. lol i always have trouble coming up with questions

Hi guys, I will have my interview on February 7th via skype since I am an international student. I am a bit stressed out because it will be my first interview tho. Do you have any tips about the interview?

Just curious, what did you ask. lol i always have trouble coming up with questions

I ask questions sort of like interview styled lol. Like what made you choose your discipline and why did you decide not to do retail? Things like that. Also look up some current event things happening in pharmacy and ask them their opinion on that too. Hope I helped some!

Hi guys, I will have my interview on February 7th via skype since I am an international student. I am a bit stressed out because it will be my first interview tho. Do you have any tips about the interview?

Hi Dary, my best advice for you is to know exactly why you chose pharmacy. Since you’ll be skyping try to avoid nervous habits (I tend to fidget and rock back and forth). Good luck!

I ask questions sort of like interview styled lol. Like what made you choose your discipline and why did you decide not to do retail? Things like that. Also look up some current event things happening in pharmacy and ask them their opinion on that too. Hope I helped some!
Yes ! thank you ! I would have never thought about it lol. I always tell them not anymore. I had questions but the panelists/ other student answered lol.

Thank you so much! Let's see how it goes :D
Hi Dary, my best advice for you is to know exactly why you chose pharmacy. Since you’ll be skyping try to avoid nervous habits (I tend to fidget and rock back and forth). Good luck!
see how it goes :D

Thank you so much! Let's see how it goes :D

see how it goes :D
I hope your interview went well. Did they happen to tell you how many seats were remaining? I’m nervous about my interview too coming up in March. I’m kind of worried about the seating because I know March is the last month for interviews and there are limited seatings. Thanks

Last edited:
Hey, according to their data of interview on Feb 9th, there are still 16percent of seats left. Don't worry too much, what you can do is be well prepared and stand out among others. I am pretty sure they would remain some seats for further interviewers.
I hope your interview went well. Did they happen to tell you how many seats were remaining? I’m nervous about my interview too coming up in March. I’m kind of worried about the seating because I know March is the last month for interviews and there are limited seatings. Thanks

Hey, according to their data of interview on Feb 9th, there are still 16percent of seats left. Don't worry too much, what you can do is be well prepared and stand out among others. I am pretty sure they would remain some seats for further interviewers.
I'm nervous about there only being 16 percent of seats left, my application was just verified so I'm submitting very soon!

I have an interview this Friday on the Duluth Campus! I went to school at the Twin Cities campus and loved it!

just out of curiosity, do many of you have a strong pharmacy background? worked in multiple areas of pharmacy etc...

just out of curiosity, do many of you have a strong pharmacy background? worked in multiple areas of pharmacy etc...

I have over a year in retail pharmacy, about 6 months in a hospital pharmacy, and currently I am 7 months into working at a PBM.

I have over a year in retail pharmacy, about 6 months in a hospital pharmacy, and currently I am 7 months into working at a PBM.
cool! I have quite a few years of retail (chain and independent pharmacy), inpatient, Omnicare long-term care, and tech school. I'm older than most of you here though :)

Just an update:

I had my interview on Friday. University of MN is at 100 percent full for this upcoming year. The rest of the interviews this cycle is for a waitlist spot.

Just an update:

I had my interview on Friday. University of MN is at 100 percent full for this upcoming year. The rest of the interviews this cycle is for a waitlist spot.
... that is so stupid....

... that is so stupid....

Yep. They sent me an email saying nearly full and they didn't even give you a projection of how many people would be put onto the waitlist. Do you have an interview scheduled?

Yep. They sent me an email saying nearly full and they didn't even give you a projection of how many people would be put onto the waitlist. Do you have an interview scheduled?

I can't believe that UofM is nearly full for the upcoming year. I was put on the waitlist last December and haven't heard anything since then.

I can't believe that UofM is nearly full for the upcoming year. I was put on the waitlist last December and haven't heard anything since then.
They are 100 percent full. They told me that they moved everyone off the waitlist. They did say there was a distinction between waitlist and alternate. I don't know what's going to happen with this upcoming year. I am still waiting on a decision.

I canceled my interview back in Jan. lol too cold for me. but i still think its stupid...

They are 100 percent full. They told me that they moved everyone off the waitlist. They did say there was a distinction between waitlist and alternate. I don't know what's going to happen with this upcoming year. I am still waiting on a decision.

I checked my email and it says that I was put on the alternate list. I honestly don’t know what the difference is between waitlist and alternate list. Does people on alternate list still have a chance??

I checked my email and it says that I was put on the alternate list. I honestly don’t know what the difference is between waitlist and alternate list. Does people on alternate list still have a chance??

I have no clue. My interview group was 15 people. I would say 5 of the group only applied to MN. The rest applied elsewhere so it depends on how many people end up declining spots.
How they explained waitlist vs alternate was this. The admissions committee would normally offer you a spot in the program based on all of it. Alternate is that they would feel comfortable if a spot would open up. At this point, they also mentioned re-applicant counseling which is available to everyone who applied and didn't get in or got a waitlist/alternate spot.
They basically told me that spots can be offered all the way through the first week of school. You just have to be prepared to take it. It sucks because I just had hope that there would be a spot for me. I'm still waiting on an admissions decision. I will know how many people are on the waitlist if I get in.

Honestly, I would email them and ask.

I canceled my interview back in Jan. lol too cold for me. but i still think its stupid...

I don't understand why they would still interview people. I'm starting to make other plans for next year and will be working on that now. I don't have much hope, it might be the best thing that has happened to me though!

I don't understand why they would still interview people. I'm starting to make other plans for next year and will be working on that now. I don't have much hope, it might be the best thing that has happened to me though!
same here... its really annoy ...

The wait is killing me. I will have my answer tomorrow though as they said we would know by the 20th.