University of Minnesota Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard back from UMN? They said they would start sending out ii’s late July/early August. Just wondering if everyone is in the same boat. My application on AADSAS say’s received/application complete.

I have not heard anything yet. Same status: received/application complete.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! does anyone know if they send application complete emails?

Did anyone else get an interview invite?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow awesome! Congrats! I’m hoping to hear from them soon. Did your ADDSAS status change before your invite?
I'm not sure if it was before or after but by the time I got home that night to check, ADSAS had updated it to invited for interview

Interview #3
Notification date: 9/8
Method of notification:
Email
Residency: IS!
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/15
Application complete date: 6/22
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.72, oGPA:3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22 AA, 21 TS, 22 PAT, 23 RC, no sections below 17
Method of interview: Virtual, 9/26 with optional in-person visit to follow

Last edited:
Interview #3
Method of notification:
Email
Residency: IS!
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/15
Application complete date: 6/22
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.72, oGPA:3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22 AA, 21 TS, 22 PAT, 23 RC, no sections below 17
Method of interview: Virtual, 9/26 with optional in-person visit to follow
Congrats!!! I interview the same day!!

Interview #3
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Texas
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/14
Application complete date: 7/17
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.7, 3.79
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24AA/23/22/30/no
Method of interview: Virtual, 9/26

Congrats on interviews! Did your AADSAS portals change from 'Application Complete' to 'Under Review' before you got your interview?

Congrats on interviews! Did your AADSAS portals change from 'Application Complete' to 'Under Review' before you got your interview?
If it did it was lightening quick, checked portal this morning, app complete, got email saying I got interview, went and rechecked and said invited to interview

If it did it was lightening quick, checked portal this morning, app complete, got email saying I got interview, went and rechecked and said invited to interview
When did you get the app complete email from UMN?

How did your interview and interview day go?! Have any advice?
Interview day was super chill! We did a quick intro of people who were there (around 10 of us) and we went right into breakout rooms for interviews. They asked the same 8 questions to everyone I believe and they were all very straight forward like "describe a time when..." or ethical questions. The interviews took up to one hour and then we had a little orientation with a virtual tour and financial planning talk and Q&A with student ambassadors! Went by super quick!

Interview day was super chill! We did a quick intro of people who were there (around 10 of us) and we went right into breakout rooms for interviews. They asked the same 8 questions to everyone I believe and they were all very straight forward like "describe a time when..." or ethical questions. The interviews took up to one hour and then we had a little orientation with a virtual tour and financial planning talk and Q&A with student ambassadors! Went by super quick!
Thanks so much! Sounds like a great day!

Interview #8
Notification date:
9/27
Method of notification:
Email
Residency: International (non-Canadian)
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/12
Application complete date: 7/7
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.84, oGPA: 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26AA, 28TS, 24PAT, 25RC, no sections below 17
Method of interview: Virtual

Anyone who has done the coursework audit, do you know if this is a casual meeting or should I wear full professional clothes?

Interview #1
Notification date:
10/6
Method of notification:
Email
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/29
Application complete date: 7/05
GPA (science, overall): GPA: 3.64, sGPA: 3.47
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22 AA, 21 TS, 24 PAT, 26 RC, none below 17
Method of interview: Virtual, 10/19

Did anyone's application status change to under review prior to getting an interview invite? If so, how long did that occur before receiving an invite?

Just released yesterday: UMN dental will be offering 2 students a full-ride scholarship for 3 out of the 4 years for class of 2027(us!!), 2028, and 2029!

Here's the link

Here's also a brief snippet from the article about the scholarship:

"Two scholarships will be awarded in each of the next three years, beginning in fall 2023. The generous scholarship will cover full tuition, room and board, and other academic expenses.

The scholarship supports prospective learners who are dedicated to growth and leadership, are committed to their community, education and family, maintain good academic standings, and have a passion for dentistry. Preference will be given to underrepresented and diverse populations. The scholarship will educate future dentists who may return to practice in underserved communities, increasing access to oral health care in vulnerable populations."

How do you know this??
Just received an email. I’ll quote here:

The University of Minnesota School of Dentistry is reaching out to all DDS applicants who have interviewed with us this cycle (2022-23)*. Please note the format of our offers of admission will change this year. On December 15th our faculty, staff, and current dental students are excited to notify applicants they have been offered admission via a phone call sometime during the business day. Accepted applicants will then receive their emailed offer of admission in the evening on December 15th.”

Just received an email. I’ll quote here:

The University of Minnesota School of Dentistry is reaching out to all DDS applicants who have interviewed with us this cycle (2022-23)*. Please note the format of our offers of admission will change this year. On December 15th our faculty, staff, and current dental students are excited to notify applicants they have been offered admission via a phone call sometime during the business day. Accepted applicants will then receive their emailed offer of admission in the evening on December 15th.”
o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Received an acceptance phone call at 8:15 am CST!

accepted at 11:30 est by phone call (international - Canadian)