University of Minnesota Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Congratulations everyone!! If you could, can you post your stats again to help those who are still waiting? Thank you!
Sure! Accepted at 8:30am today by call.

Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/29
Application complete date: 7/05
GPA (science, overall): GPA: 3.64, sGPA: 3.47
DAT: 22 AA, 21 TS, 24 PAT, 26 RC, 22 QR, none below 17
Method of interview: Virtual, 10/19

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Acceptance #4
Notification date: 12/15
Method of notification: Phone call 3pm CST!
Residency:
IS!
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/15
Application complete date: 6/22
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.72, oGPA:3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22 AA, 21 TS, 22 PAT, 23 RC, no sections below 17
Method of interview: Virtual, 9/26 with optional in-person visit to follow

I'm also accepted to the Summer research program!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #2
Notification date:
12/19
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date:
6/24
Application complete date: 7/27
GPA: 3.56
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/20/20, no
Method of interview: Virtual

Not that I’m aware of. I’ve been tempted to just make one. They said an incoming student should make one and let them know and theyll share the link on the incoming student website
Do you know where I can find the incoming student website actually?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview invite for Jan 30. Is the class full assuming I am interviewing for the waitlist spot or are there still spots left? Thank you in advance!

I got an interview invite for Jan 30. Is the class full assuming I am interviewing for the waitlist spot or are there still spots left? Thank you in advance!
The class has currently 72 spots taken with students who’ve confirmed their seat. I think they have around 105-115 students per class so roughly 30-40 spots left id assume!

Now not sure how many students are waiting to confirm their seat. So could be less.

They will be sending out the next round of acceptances on January 31st, so you might have some good news on the 31st.

The class has currently 72 spots taken with students who’ve confirmed their seat. I think they have around 105-115 students per class so roughly 30-40 spots left id assume!

Now not sure how many students are waiting to confirm their seat. So could be less.
Any idea of the in-state to out-of-state ratio? ND, SD, & MN all count as in-state also (there might be one more that I'm forgetting too).

Any idea of the in-state to out-of-state ratio? ND, SD, & MN all count as in-state also (there might be one more that I'm forgetting too).
From what I can see, it’s majority of Minnesota residents. I see a couple Dakota students but seems like most of the students are IS(Minnesota). There are a handful of OOS and International students as well. I’d imagine the majority of the remaining students will be OOS. I think they historically try to aim for 60-70% IS students and they’re pretty close to that ratio.

Thank you!

Next round of acceptances goes out today, good luck everyone!

Hey everyone! I heard the next round of acceptances will go out today. Those who just interviewed recently (example- yesterday on Jan 30th), do you think those students will be part of today's acceptances or will it take them time to get back?

Hey everyone! I heard the next round of acceptances will go out today. Those who just interviewed recently (example- yesterday on Jan 30th), do you think those students will be part of today's acceptances or will it take them time to get back?
Did they say during the interview if you could get an acceptance on the 31st if you interviewed on the 30th?

Did they say during the interview if you could get an acceptance on the 31st if you interviewed on the 30th?
They did not specify if people who interviewed jan 30th will hear back today from what i heard...that is why i am asking, does anyone know if those ppl will hear back today or how soon? thanks

They did not specify if people who interviewed jan 30th will hear back today from what i heard...that is why i am asking, does anyone know if those ppl will hear back today or how soon? thanks
Not certain, it’s possible standout candidates could hear back, because they technically can, but I’d imagine those who interviewed yesterday will be a part of the next round. But we shall see! Hoping for good luck!

Radio Quiet from the U of M today 🤔 During the interview, they said the next round of acceptances would be today; maybe they will be doing it tomorrow?

Radio Quiet from the U of M today 🤔 During the interview, they said the next round of acceptances would be today; maybe they will be doing it tomorrow?
No new enrollees either that have confirmed their seat. I can check back later tonight but they might have missed their deadline. Could be later this week. They were late to send interviews this cycle compared to previous years too.

I just got an email last night with the prerequisite audit. 10:42 pm

I got that too last night at 10ish. Don't know what it means.
@Pre-dent22 ~ In my case, I did not get any notification of acceptance so far.
It means you’ll need to talk to Susan Wold about your residency and course audit. They make sure you’ll complete the required prerequisites in time for class. Every candidate does it if they’ve been interviewed

Reactions: 2 users
It means you’ll need to talk to Susan Wold about your residency and course audit. They make sure you’ll complete the required prerequisites in time for class. Every candidate does it if they’ve been interviewed
I just looked, I received it a little while ago

Would it be ok to call them to ask for an update or is that too pushy? I never know with these things. I was looking at the thread for class of 2025 and they had something similar where Jan 31st was the earliest they would hear back but someone called and the office said they were unaware of the 31st date being given out. And at least 2 people said they were accepted on Feb 2

Would it be ok to call them to ask for an update or is that too pushy? I never know with these things. I was looking at the thread for class of 2025 and they had something similar where Jan 31st was the earliest they would hear back but someone called and the office said they were unaware of the 31st date being given out. And at least 2 people said they were accepted on Feb 2
I would wait until Friday, there's no rush, but it is weird that they gave the Jan. 31st date during the interview, and no one has heard anything.

I would wait until Friday, there's no rush, but it is weird that they gave the Jan. 31st date during the interview, and no one has heard anything.
Yeah, they also said interviews were going to be conducted sometime in July/early august and they didn’t start until September. So they’re a little behind this year it seems like. I would just try to be patient and hopefully things work out in your favor!

Has anyone heard anything? I did from someone I know that their friend received an acceptance today. Just curious if anyone else gained an acceptance.

Has anyone heard anything? I did from someone I know that their friend received an acceptance today. Just curious if anyone else gained an acceptance.
Sadly, no. Was it through email? When did he/she interview?

I also heard from someone receiving an acceptance as well

Sadly, no. Was it through email? When did he/she interview?
I'm not sure how she received the acceptance. I only know her indirectly, but if I had to guess it would be via phone call, she is also IS as well.

Any updates? I called the office about the January 31st date but the person who answered said she wasn’t sure and wouldn’t be able to provide any info

not that I can tell, class is up to 75 students, so assuming a couple have confirmed their seats. Doesn't seem like they sent out any A's recently
Yeah it is kind of weird; they must be really behind because I thought they were supposed to go out on the 31st, but the forms seem pretty dead compared to other schools.

Yeah it is kind of weird; they must be really behind because I thought they were supposed to go out on the 31st, but the forms seem pretty dead compared to other schools.
Either they’re still waiting to hear back from
Some students they’ve extended offers to or they’re really debating on who to accept. Must be a lot of rock solid candidates this year

Has anyone received a February interview invite yet? Haven’t heard of anybody getting one.. are they just delayed?

Interview #2
Notification date:
2/10
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS (MI)
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/17
Application complete date: 6/24
GPA: 3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/20/21/no
Method of interview: Virtual, 2/20