University of Minnesota

Started by gopher13
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Nice, that's good that they give you a time frame for when they expect to have the rankings done. Hope you both have #'s lower than 30!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good luck. Hopefully people drop out soon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SDN Mobile

Nice, that's good that they give you a time frame for when they expect to have the rankings done. Hope you both have #'s lower than 30!

Thanks, you guys! Y'all are great. 🙂

I have to admit that I'm still not certain that I'd choose Minnesota over Maryland. I've already started talking to faculty at Maryland about research and tech/intern positions, and I've just applied to positions at NIH, Johns Hopkins, and an HIV clinic that has a pharmacy. As I've been progressing making plans in Maryland, it's been getting more and more real, and that makes it more exciting, if that makes sense.

Anyway best of luck to anyone else on the waitlist!
 
Thanks, you guys! Y'all are great. 🙂

I have to admit that I'm still not certain that I'd choose Minnesota over Maryland. I've already started talking to faculty at Maryland about research and tech/intern positions, and I've just applied to positions at NIH, Johns Hopkins, and an HIV clinic that has a pharmacy. As I've been progressing making plans in Maryland, it's been getting more and more real, and that makes it more exciting, if that makes sense.

Anyway best of luck to anyone else on the waitlist!

Hmm I've started looking into orgs myself.. they are letting you apply before the semester even starts?
 
Hmm I've started looking into orgs myself.. they are letting you apply before the semester even starts?

Well, Maryland as a state is kind of weird and doesn't have an intern status or licensing like most other states. You just work in any pharmacy in Maryland as a tech, and the hours count as intern hours. There are already positions posted at USAJobs.gov in Maryland with the NIH that are intended for students. They are intermittent pharmacy technician positions. I would like to get started working ASAP because it would be extra change in my pocket, and it could help in claiming residency after the first year.
 
Well, Maryland as a state is kind of weird and doesn't have an intern status or licensing like most other states. You just work in any pharmacy in Maryland as a tech, and the hours count as intern hours. There are already positions posted at USAJobs.gov in Maryland with the NIH that are intended for students. They are intermittent pharmacy technician positions. I would like to get started working ASAP because it would be extra change in my pocket, and it could help in claiming residency after the first year.

If there's no intern license can you do consultations?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SDN Mobile
 
I got accepted to TC campus. Woohooo!! 😀
Needless to say, I will be accepting their offer. Good luck to everyone waiting for an answer! 🙂
 
I'm very lucky and am expecting to have a few pretty sizable outside scholarships, so I am hoping to have a loan burden similar to you.

I recommend to everyone to check their high school's foundation. I'm lucky and my high school foundation provides scholarships for it's grads who are in graduate-level programs.

Or you could just make friends with a billionaire. 😛

Just thought I'd share, I did end up getting an $8,000 scholarship from my high school foundation. There are scholarships out there for us! They may be difficult to find, but they exist.

Best of luck, everyone!
 
Just thought I'd share, I did end up getting an $8,000 scholarship from my high school foundation. There are scholarships out there for us! They may be difficult to find, but they exist.

Best of luck, everyone!

I don't think my HS has foundation scholarships.. I scoured their website for awhile and didn't see an application area or anything. Maybe it is worth a call though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As promised, looks like Stacy sent out the email about the waitlist today. Best of luck to everyone else!
 
Hey I plan to apply here this cycle. When choosing between duluth or twin cities, can you choose "either" or do you have to choose between one or the other? I know some schools make you choose one or the other and don't have an either option
 
Yes you can choose either but you won't be able to choose which one. They will place you in whichever will make the class size between the two campuses proportional. If you don't mind either campus then choose either. If you only want to go to twin cities then choose only twin.
 
Yes you can choose either but you won't be able to choose which one. They will place you in whichever will make the class size between the two campuses proportional. If you don't mind either campus then choose either. If you only want to go to twin cities then choose only twin.
Would you say the Duluth campus is easier to get into? maybe because most people will probably be wanting the twin cities campus?
 
I think most ppl put twin cities cause it's big cities but I've heard great things about Duluth. It depends on you your personal preferences.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think most ppl put twin cities cause it's big cities but I've heard great things about Duluth. It depends on you your personal preferences.
I ask because there by far my #1 choice, I don't care what campus I get I want to go there. I've just heard great things about U of Minn., Out of all the schools I've contacted and researched, Minnesota seems to be the most organized with the best reputation.
 
I ask because there by far my #1 choice, I don't care what campus I get I want to go there. I've just heard great things about U of Minn., Out of all the schools I've contacted and researched, Minnesota seems to be the most organized with the best reputation.

Mmm you can choose where to interview as well