University of New England (UNE) 2011-2012 applicants.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
More than likely that the last group will be 60 people divided into 2 groups. There is a rumor that they are having a hard time filling up the seats for class of 2016. The FB group actually has P1, P2, and P3 in it so not many seats were taken (but that may not be the correct number of people accepted, cuz I saw 1 person from the West Coast and we have 20 plus CAs in our P1). Not sure the reason why they have a hard time filling the seats, since they have 100 more applications this year (maybe they decide to pick and choose this year). So don't be discouraged if you're in the last interview cycle. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
i'm scheduled for 11am session too. Do you know where you are staying yet?
Hi. i will be staying at portland travelodge . What about you? i will try to get there on wesdnesday the 18th.
What about you/

More than likely that the last group will be 60 people divided into 2 groups. There is a rumor that they are having a hard time filling up the seats for class of 2016. The FB group actually has P1, P2, and P3 in it so not many seats were taken (but that may not be the correct number of people accepted, cuz I saw 1 person from the West Coast and we have 20 plus CAs in our P1). Not sure the reason why they have a hard time filling the seats, since they have 100 more applications this year (maybe they decide to pick and choose this year). So don't be discouraged if you're in the last interview cycle. Good luck.

Thanks for the helpful info. That's strange about FB since its says c/o 2016..but thank you for the encouragement!:xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi. i will be staying at portland travelodge . What about you? i will try to get there on wesdnesday the 18th.
What about you/

I'll be at La Qinta since i heard the best feedback from there. Also got a crazy discount on the room by doing a flight+hotel deal. I'll be there the day before the interview. PM me we can talk more.

Haha. that's because I created the group,not the school. Those P3, P2, P1 are either tourguides for the interview or want to sell their books/ rent out their place or more importantly to answer questions of getting ready for school in the fall. Good luck.

Haha. that's because I created the group,not the school. Those P3, P2, P1 are either tourguides for the interview or want to sell their books/ rent out their place or more importantly to answer questions of getting ready for school in the fall. Good luck.

ohhhhhh ok. Good to know. Quick question...i'll be checking out of my hotel before my interview do ppl tend to bring their luggage along if so is there a place to put it? I know some places do some places don't.

ohhhhhh ok. Good to know. Quick question...i'll be checking out of my hotel before my interview do ppl tend to bring their luggage along if so is there a place to put it? I know some places do some places don't.
I brought my luggage (1 duffle bag/giant gym bag) with me to the interview. It stayed in our waiting room during our interview and writing session where we talked to other students and had refreshments and snacks. They told us to bring our belongings with us during the tour, so I was carrying it around the whole campus tour, by the end we ended up coming back to that same room so I actually could have left it there the whole time. Then again, I had my macbook pro in there so I felt more comfortable taking it with me during the tour.

Hi everyone. I have a quick question. It is better for ladies to wear a pant and suit since it is goign to be cold or or Skirt and suit will be ok for the interview?
thanks.

I rented a car so not sure where you can put your luggage. Though we leave our MACs in the library basement and go out to eat all the time, and they're still there. people are pretty nice here.
Check the weather channel for next week. It seems that it will be hot next week. Dress code for Skirt is for it to be knee length though.

I just wanted to know if the majority of female interviewees is wearing pants or skirts? Do you guys thing that pant is ok?

I just wanted to know if the majority of female interviewees is wearing pants or skirts? Do you guys thing that pant is ok?

I'm wearing pants.....i don't think they can make you wear a skirt so it shouldn't matter. Plus i don't think u can go wrong with pants as long as they aren't too tight.:laugh:

Thanks. I finally bought a skirt. hope it would not be too cold that day.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks. I finally bought a skirt. hope it would not be too cold that day.
I wore a business dress ( I hope it looked professional enough ) and it was pretty cold!! Of the interviews I've been to, everyone else always wore pants. The pants are probably more comfortable, but I'm sure whatever you feel best in will work! :)

Why are they having problems filling seats for this incoming class?

Should i bring a CV? i know the interview is laid back but some programs want you to bring one?

hmmm I've already been accepted and paid my deposit to a different school and I just found out I got pulled off of the waitlist at UNE from my Jan 27th interview. I only have until Sunday to respond back with my decision. I really enjoyed UNE's program, campus, and love the city of Portland.
I'm just kind of worried about how rotations of IPPE & APPE work there. If there are current students who can elaborate how UNE works the IPPE & APPE that would be very helpful. From what I gathered I understand IPPE are in the summer and APPE are the last year. My issue is from the interview they made it seem we are responsible for making a list of sites and setting things up and the school picks one of your choices. It just makes me nervous not being from the area how to go about doing that. How do we come about in establishing an IPPE site. Any information would be greatly appreciated and very helpful in making my decision.

i send an email to Isaac regarding the CV and he told me not to worried about it. They do not require you to bring one.

Actually tuition will be raised to almost $34,000 next year for tuition alone plus fees. My first year was about 38,000 after fees (that's without health insurance of 3K). So I guess it will be around 40K for you guys for the first year.
Good luck tomorrow.

if you dont mind me asking..about how much do you end up with loans?? (per year)

I was put in the waiting list. Just hope that i will be pull out very soon.:confused::oops:

Congrat dear. I wish you the best id that where you want to go for sure.

Congrat dear. I wish you the best id that where you want to go for sure.

Thank You! I got waitlisted at my top choice. UNE was #2 on my list.After my interview I really loved UNE even more. I don't know how i would feel if the other school accepts me later. But i'll cross that bridge IF it comes up later.

Also others said if you get waitlisted not to worry so hang in there!:xf: I hope you get in. I don't know if i met you during the interview where r you from?

hmmm I've already been accepted and paid my deposit to a different school and I just found out I got pulled off of the waitlist at UNE from my Jan 27th interview. I only have until Sunday to respond back with my decision. I really enjoyed UNE's program, campus, and love the city of Portland.
I'm just kind of worried about how rotations of IPPE & APPE work there. If there are current students who can elaborate how UNE works the IPPE & APPE that would be very helpful. From what I gathered I understand IPPE are in the summer and APPE are the last year. My issue is from the interview they made it seem we are responsible for making a list of sites and setting things up and the school picks one of your choices. It just makes me nervous not being from the area how to go about doing that. How do we come about in establishing an IPPE site. Any information would be greatly appreciated and very helpful in making my decision.
This is probably late and you may have turned down UNE, but for IPPE and APPE, if you stay in Maine to do your rotations, they will have everything set up for you. Usually it's done by lotto for the sites (you enter in the sites you want, and some sites are very popular with limited space, so they have to do lotto for that reason). If you want to do your rotation in your state (I am doing my rotation in CA), you will have to find your own site (i.e calling the place you want to go to, if they are ok with you being there -which they should since you work for free- the school will call them to interview and set up the rotation for you. All you need to do is to find a place and give the school their phone number and call the site later for your schedule if it's approved by the school. It's not that had to do for community site, but for hospital is a little tricky. Then again, if you stay in Maine, everything's done for you. The only thing I don't like about UNE's rotations is that you have to work full time with no pay for 4 weeks for IPPE during summer, instead of spreading it out throughout the semester (working 1-2 days per week), but then it gives you more time to study.
I got accepted to other schools, but turned them down. I can't say that I am regretting picking UNE (hate driving in the snow though).

This is probably late and you may have turned down UNE, but for IPPE and APPE, if you stay in Maine to do your rotations, they will have everything set up for you. Usually it's done by lotto for the sites (you enter in the sites you want, and some sites are very popular with limited space, so they have to do lotto for that reason). If you want to do your rotation in your state (I am doing my rotation in CA), you will have to find your own site (i.e calling the place you want to go to, if they are ok with you being there -which they should since you work for free- the school will call them to interview and set up the rotation for you. All you need to do is to find a place and give the school their phone number and call the site later for your schedule if it's approved by the school. It's not that had to do for community site, but for hospital is a little tricky. Then again, if you stay in Maine, everything's done for you. The only thing I don't like about UNE's rotations is that you have to work full time with no pay for 4 weeks for IPPE during summer, instead of spreading it out throughout the semester (working 1-2 days per week), but then it gives you more time to study.
I got accepted to other schools, but turned them down. I can't say that I am regretting picking UNE (hate driving in the snow though).
Yeah I emailed Isaac and he confirmed what you said. I unfortunately just gave up my spot today as my first deposit was due today. I really loved the school from what I got out of it thus far. The tuition was a huge deal breaker for me. I'm attending an out of state pharmacy that's private as well and only costs 29k per year compared to the 36k at UNE plus extra cost of living in Portland. I might not be living in the wonderful area of Portland but the schools pharmacy programs were very comparable.

So quick question to those p1 p2 p3 students. I know everyone has said over and over again to get a place within walking distance of the school is it because there is no parking? Do most students live within waking distance?

Hi dear.have you find a place to live because i am looking for one too. i got pull from the waiting list and i am looking for a place walking distance from the campus too.

Does anyone know a P3 student who is looking to rent his or her room to a P1 student ? Please let me know.
thanks

I am looking for a place walking distance from the campus. Does anybody looking for roommate? I will be P1.

Hi i am looking too. I find an apartment but the lady is still finishing less than 1 minutes walking distance from the campus. If you are interested let me know. I will be going to maine to see the appartment. I saw pictures already.

ampek, Can you PM me detail info about APT? (price, picture etc.,)

it is a 2 bedrooms 1 bath apt with the price is $1050 including heat and hot water. we will be paying for the electric bill, internet also. there is not laundry machine on site but she told me that the laundromat he walking distance from the apt. If we get that apt we will not need a car b/cit is less than a min from the campus which is great considering the winter time. I am going there the first week of July to look at the apt. If you give me your email i can sent you the pictures that i have so far.
Thanks

I sent private msg to you my email address

Hi dear.have you find a place to live because i am looking for one too. i got pull from the waiting list and i am looking for a place walking distance from the campus too.

Yea i have some places lined up going to make a decision soon. Congrats on getting pulled off the waiting list (i know i'm a little late to respond lol)

Yea i have some places lined up going to make a decision soon. Congrats on getting pulled off the waiting list (i know i'm a little late to respond lol)
Thanks dear. how are you doing? I have some too, i am going there in 2 weeks to see them. i really want to be close to campus especially b/c of the snow.:laugh: