Oct 16, 2010
Chapel Hill, NC
Status
Pharmacy Student
I haven't. I'm under no illusions about being accepted, but I was hoping they'd throw me a courtesy interview since I've suffered through 4 years of undergrad here :p. A buddy of mine who is extremely well qualified from a different school hasn't heard anything either, so it's possible they just haven't invited anyone yet.

Aug 5, 2010
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
My friend is a P1 at Carolina and she said they have not started interviewing yet.. they are still preparing typicaly interviews start in Dec.

Dec 26, 2009
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I haven't even heard from them to hear they've received my app. Am I alone on this one? :scared:

Oct 16, 2010
Chapel Hill, NC
Status
Pharmacy Student
I submitted everything way early, but it did seem take them an inordinate amount of time to let me know they had my app- about a month.

tungsten87

7+ Year Member
May 25, 2009
Status
Pharmacist
I don't go to UNC, but I was in the first interview group last year and I got my invitation early December.

May 10, 2010
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I did receive an email saying my application for UNC was complete, and a friend that's a P1 there did say they interview extremely late; starting in December and ending almost in March. She had already paid a deposit at another school by the time she heard back, but obviously, she decided on UNC.

Good luck to everyone! :)

Oct 16, 2010
Chapel Hill, NC
Status
Pharmacy Student
My friend got an interview invite this morning... but like I said, he's a near-perfect applicant (already accepted to the other 2 NC schools and with two other interviews scheduled) and got his stuff in at the beginning of August.

May 10, 2010
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
My friend got an interview invite this morning... but like I said, he's a near-perfect applicant (already accepted to the other 2 NC schools and with two other interviews scheduled) and got his stuff in at the beginning of August.
Well, I'm glad they're actually calling kids now. I submitted my app in the first round (end of July/beginning of August), but my first PCAT score needed to improve in certain areas, so I guess they'll have to wait 'til my second score arrives. Congrats to your friend, though!

Oct 12, 2010
Mi
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I just received an interview invite this morning also. I need to call and schedule a date.

Aug 19, 2010
Chapel Hill, NC
Status
Pharmacy Student
I didn't think it mattered when you send in your application because they don't start looking until November 1 (not rolling).

Congrats on those with invites so far!

Feb 2, 2010
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I'm a PY1 at UNC and interviews will last through March (similar format every year). Good luck to everyone and be patient for those who haven't heard anything yet!!

sylee3

5+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2009
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I also received an invitation on the 11th... it's my first interview i'm so nervous :scared:

redmuskan

7+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2010
Status
All of the people that got invite,

When did you guys submit application?

When did you take pcat?

wmw

Jun 19, 2010
Austin, TX
Status
Pharmacy Student
I havent gotten an interview invitation yet, i submitted the supp. app. as early as it was made available, before I even submitted my pharmcas. I know my pharmcas wasnt submitted in the 'first tier' or w/e... my guess is that the people who have gotten interview invites were in the first pharmcas submission pool

desmoulins45179

Waiting for the TARDIS
Apr 30, 2009
Iowa City, IA
Status
Pharmacy Student
From my experience last year, I think they don't give interview invites until close to the actual interview date. So you won't get an invite far in advance. This makes it a little hard for those coming form out of state. You only get one date (don't get a choice) and if you can't make it you go back into the interview pool.

Aug 19, 2010
Chapel Hill, NC
Status
Pharmacy Student
Yeah I feel like it's part of the process. My friend last year told me he didn't get the invite until 1 week before. He was informed Thanksgiving weekend and we're from Florida. It's like "If you really want to go here, you better spend $500 to get here".

Oct 16, 2010
Chapel Hill, NC
Status
Pharmacy Student
Yeah I feel like it's part of the process. My friend last year told me he didn't get the invite until 1 week before. He was informed Thanksgiving weekend and we're from Florida. It's like "If you really want to go here, you better spend $500 to get here".
I think they could make it easier on the applicant, but it's cheap and prestigious, so the attitude is very much "if you can't make it, there's someone else at least as good waiting to take your spot." Maybe I'm just jaded, but that's how undergrad is.

Aug 19, 2010
Chapel Hill, NC
Status
Pharmacy Student
I think they could make it easier on the applicant, but it's cheap and prestigious, so the attitude is very much "if you can't make it, there's someone else at least as good waiting to take your spot." Maybe I'm just jaded, but that's how undergrad is.
I completely agree. Oh well, I'm still waiting anxiously for my invite :)

Sep 27, 2010
North Carolina
Status
Pharmacy Student
I received my interview invite yesterday afternoon. I called to confirm this morning and they told me that the interview is this Friday 11/19 from 12-3pm. Pretty short notice, but luckily I'm only an hour and a half from the campus and will be able to skip a couple of my classes to attend. I submitted my PharmCAS application on October 1, and it was received on November 1. I submitted my supplemental application on around 10/22 or so.

Jun 2, 2010
Status
I received an invitation as well for the interview this Friday (11/19). We'll see how this goes... Good luck to all.

Aug 19, 2010
Chapel Hill, NC
Status
Pharmacy Student
YES!!! I JUST got my acceptance email like 15 minutes ago!
Wow! Congratulations! They got back to you so quickly!

I'm still waiting for my invite :(. My friend that goes there said that their next round of interviews will be in January...

UCLA 2011

7+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2009
Status
Pharmacist
It will be January, but they have not decided on a date yet.

I was invited to interview this past Friday, but I had a previous interview to attend to on the same day, so I called them to defer the date. They said that they would e-mail me when they figure out the date.

Jul 22, 2010
NC
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Well, the magic date some of us that interviewed on November 19th may hear might very well be December 9th. The reasoning behind this results from reading through threads of UNC applicants from previous years. In the past, some students heard two Thursdays after the interview, but in this case the first Thursday was Thanksgiving. If you don't hear on Dec. 9th don't get nervous, because you could still get accepted the same day as the batch of students from the next interview round will, and so on and so forth (as many have in the past). In addition, I have heard of students getting accepted on other days of the week, so as a disclaimer I am just stating there is only a higher probability of getting accepted from the Nov. 19th interview session on December 9th (or maybe even December 2nd, but highly unlikely). Some students also didn't hear for months, so keep your heads up.

Last edited:

redmuskan

7+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2010
Status
YES!!! I JUST got my acceptance email like 15 minutes ago!
Hi, Do you mind telling me your GPA and pcat score? I have not heard from UNC yet and am worried. Also when did you take your pcat? and yes, what did you decide? what school are you picking? Thank You.

Jul 22, 2010
NC
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
redmuskan, do not be worried. They haven't made decisions on the students that interviewed Nov 19th, or at least haven't sent out notifications (maybe with the exception of Mjuehl3, with the claim of getting accepted on Nov 22), because this thread would probably be indicative of such with at least several claims of joyful acceptances. With that being said, I highly doubt they will send out invitations for the next interview round until they make as many sound decisions on whom they want to accept from the first round based on the information they currently have about the students interviewed (as in before academic updates etc). Therefore, with holidays and all, I doubt the next interview will be in December, so relax. They also do interviews all the way through March I believe. Just check this forum to see if anyone else has been invited.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2010
Minnesota
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I'll echo pharma483, from what I know they've only sent out one batch of interviews for the Nov. 19th date and they are most likely waiting to send out more interviews until they solidify upcoming dates. From the sound of it, the next interviews will be in January and based on the week's notice most people got for the 11/19 interview, there's plenty of time.

Jun 2, 2010
Status
Mjuehl3 posted that here instead of on the Campbell thread. They really got accepted to Campbell not UNC. So as far as we know, no one has heard about an acceptance from UNC yet.

Oct 16, 2010
Chapel Hill, NC
Status
Pharmacy Student
Mjuehl3 posted that here instead of on the Campbell thread. They really got accepted to Campbell not UNC. So as far as we know, no one has heard about an acceptance from UNC yet.
My friend who interviewed was accepted and received the acceptance email the same day as mjuehl. Just for what it's worth.

G

goheels211

Hey guys,

I'm a current PY1 at UNC and I will tell you that the dates really do range in terms of hearing back from UNC as far as the interview process goes.

Personally, most of my friends that I have made here this first year heard back in the Feb-April range and they were all well qualified students. I received an interview in March and heard back from them after that in about 1-2 weeks time.

Anyway, I just wanted to say, don't fret too much if you haven't heard an back for an interview yet! I think they have interviewed one group the other week as I saw some signs around the school for those interviewing that day, but I want to stress not to worry yourself too much right now if you haven't heard anything yet.

I did the exact same thing last year when December passed...then January, and even February with no word from them, but it all worked out in the end, so don't fret just yet! Good luck to everyone.

Aug 19, 2010
Chapel Hill, NC
Status
Pharmacy Student
Hey guys,

I'm a current PY1 at UNC and I will tell you that the dates really do range in terms of hearing back from UNC as far as the interview process goes.

Personally, most of my friends that I have made here this first year heard back in the Feb-April range and they were all well qualified students. I received an interview in March and heard back from them after that in about 1-2 weeks time.

Anyway, I just wanted to say, don't fret too much if you haven't heard an back for an interview yet! I think they have interviewed one group the other week as I saw some signs around the school for those interviewing that day, but I want to stress not to worry yourself too much right now if you haven't heard anything yet.

I did the exact same thing last year when December passed...then January, and even February with no word from them, but it all worked out in the end, so don't fret just yet! Good luck to everyone.
Thanks for that; it does make me feel better!

Dec 3, 2010
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Does anyone know how difficult it is to establish residency at UNC for tuition purposes? I have already seen the information on the school website. I am just curious about how likely it is to be considered a resident after your first year.

Jul 10, 2010
NC
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I interviewed with UNC on Nov. 19th with some of my classmates. One got his acceptance email on the 22, but I'm still pending for a response. My classmates and I go to UNC for undergrad. I think that it should be within this next week to hear word, a PY1 I'm really good friends with told me that everyone last year got their acceptance emails exactly two weeks after the interview. Since we had thanksgiving break I'm pretty sure that it hasn't been a full two weeks. My guess is that the interview group on Nov. 19th will hear back either Wed, Thur, or Fri. Hope this helps!! I'll be crossing my fingers....

Aug 5, 2010
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I interviewed at UNC on the Nov 19th.. and received an e-mail Nov 22 about my acceptance.. has anybody else that has been accepted received their acceptance packet yet? If so, when?

Dec 3, 2010
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I also interviewed on the 19th. I received an acceptance email on the 22nd, but I have not received my packet in the mail yet.

Aug 5, 2010
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Thank you PepeJ.. I wish I would have grabbed an apartment guide while I was in Chapel Hill but I thought that would be too optimistic lol

Oct 17, 2010
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I interviewed at UNC on the Nov 19th.. and received an e-mail Nov 22 about my acceptance.. has anybody else that has been accepted received their acceptance packet yet? If so, when?
I haven't received mine either. :)

Dec 3, 2010
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Thank you PepeJ.. I wish I would have grabbed an apartment guide while I was in Chapel Hill but I thought that would be too optimistic lol
In my group I thought that we were told that we would receive that information from student services after being accepted. I hope that is the case because I am from out of state and don't know Chapel Hill at all.

Oct 16, 2010
Chapel Hill, NC
Status
Pharmacy Student
In my group I thought that we were told that we would receive that information from student services after being accepted. I hope that is the case because I am from out of state and don't know Chapel Hill at all.
It's best not to wait to start looking, at least in my experience. This is the site that my roommates and I used to get our apartment after freshman year- it has listings from all the major (reputable) rental agencies in CH:

http://www.chapelhillrent.com/site/search/results?page_size=25&page_number=1

A lot of the really cool houses are passed down through groups of friends. I know there are some pharmacy houses scattered around, so definitely make friends with P3s/P4s who will be vacating soon.

Hope this helps.

redmuskan

7+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2010
Status
Everyone that got accepted to UNC, can I know your gpa and pcat score? I am really worried.

Dec 3, 2010
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I have a 3.5 and an 84 composite on the PCAT. I have over 3 years pharmacy experience and over 3 years teaching a pharmacy technician course in Utah.

Jul 22, 2010
NC
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
For everyone else that interviewed Nov. 19th, I suppose we might hear something within the next 48 hours or so! :xf: If not then it could be anytime until the end of March.

desmoulins45179

Waiting for the TARDIS
Apr 30, 2009
Iowa City, IA
Status
Pharmacy Student
Last year they told us they accepted people in "cycles." So they would evaluate everybody in December and then pick a bunch to accept and everyone one else was put back into the pool and evaluated at the next cycle. We weren't told when the cycles were exactly but that there was a december one, a january one, etc. No specifically one per month but just every so often they would send out acceptance in cycles. Last year they said that we would hear final results by mid-march but they were late and the final results came in mid-april (I think). So if you are still waiting, it could be a long time but then again it might not. For the EC campus, they actually call you and you have to call them to tell them your reply. So you might want to check your voicemail/messages every so often.

But that was last year so maybe they might do things differently this year. I just wanted to tell everyone m experience from last year since I was a bit perplexed with the lack of communication. I remember interviewing in December and basically not hearing anything until I called them in march. (They really didn't send many "thank you for your patience we are still evaluating applications" emails) I actually thought they forgot about me at one point.