University of North Carolina Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am a bit worried with my performance today.. :( I really wanna go to Carolina, but I don't think they gonna accept me..

Members don't see this ad.

I am a bit worried with my performance today.. :( I really wanna go to Carolina, but I don't think they gonna accept me..

What about your performance did you not approve of?

I thought they were pretty encouraging about that, though, saying most of us will either be accepted or waitlisted. And most of those waitlisted get in, even though we won't find out for a while. I wouldn't worry too much.

Members don't see this ad :)
how many interviews they take n how many applicants they select for interview?????

I thought they were pretty encouraging about that, though, saying most of us will either be accepted or waitlisted. And most of those waitlisted get in, even though we won't find out for a while. I wouldn't worry too much.

I was in the 2-5 session too. We probably saw each other and didn't know it!

Do you remember the numbers they told us in the Student Services session?
Specifically how many they accept at the Chapel Hill Campus?

I was in the 2-5 session too. We probably saw each other and didn't know it!

Do you remember the numbers they told us in the Student Services session?
Specifically how many they accept at the Chapel Hill Campus?

Heck, we might've even talked to each other. I was the guy in the blue suit in group 2.

I think they said ~140 are accepted to CH, 10 to Elizabeth City and 20 to Asheville. I was kind of disappointed that we didn't get to hear from the directors of the two satellite programs but the dean was a pretty captivating speaker.

Heck, we might've even talked to each other. I was the guy in the blue suit in group 2.

I think they said ~140 are accepted to CH, 10 to Elizabeth City and 20 to Asheville. I was kind of disappointed that we didn't get to hear from the directors of the two satellite programs but the dean was a pretty captivating speaker.

Nice! I was in Group 3 so we probably didn't cross paths. I think I was the only Filipina there.

But I wanted to clarify, if we applied to the Chapel Hill campus is there any chance they'll put us in one of the satellite campuses?

And yes, the dean's speech was really inspiring and definitely convinced me that that's where I wanted to be.

Nice! I was in Group 3 so we probably didn't cross paths. I think I was the only Filipina there.

But I wanted to clarify, if we applied to the Chapel Hill campus is there any chance they'll put us in one of the satellite campuses?

And yes, the dean's speech was really inspiring and definitely convinced me that that's where I wanted to be.

Ah... I doubt it, especially since you got an interview this early. But from what I understand, even if you do get put at a satellite campus and ask to be put at CH instead, they'll work with you. I think it would be kind of cool to be in Asheville, but CH seems like the hub of all the research and is where I'd rather be.

On your supplemental application there should have been a section that asked you whether or not you wanted to be considered for the chapel hill campus, elizabeth city campus or both (and im guessing unc asheville campus must have been on there too this year), if you said you only wanted to be considered for the chapel hill campus they will either place you there or put you on the chapel hill campus waitlist. they will not put you at a satellite campus if you said you didn't want to be considered for that campus!

Last edited:
On your supplemental application there should have been a section that asked you whether or not you wanted to be considered for the chapel hill campus, elizabeth city campus or both (and im guessing unc asheville campus must have been on there too this year), if you said you only wanted to be considered for the chapel hill campus they will either place you there or put you on the chapel hill campus waitlist. they will not put you at a satellite campus if you said you didn't want to be considered for that campus!

I think I remember that actually.

Any idea as to when these responses will be coming out? I know they come in waves, but I'm waiting for the first wave to arrive!

hey,

anyone here from out of state? anyone know the acceptance rate for out of staters?

in response to your question about when acceptance emails may come out, i think they said 2-4 weeks. However, apparently, someone from the 11/19 interview heard on 11/22 that she was accepted. Not sure though.

hey,

anyone here from out of state? anyone know the acceptance rate for out of staters?

in response to your question about when acceptance emails may come out, i think they said 2-4 weeks. However, apparently, someone from the 11/19 interview heard on 11/22 that she was accepted. Not sure though.

I'm from out-of-state (Florida). They said that 14% is allotted for us (they said it's somewhat flexible, but I'm sure it's just +/- a couple of people).

They said some people will know very quickly (like the 11/22 people) and some hear about 3-4 weeks later. So the waiting begins...

I'm from out-of-state (Florida). They said that 14% is allotted for us (they said it's somewhat flexible, but I'm sure it's just +/- a couple of people).

They said some people will know very quickly (like the 11/22 people) and some hear about 3-4 weeks later. So the waiting begins...

does that mean we have a low chance of getting accepted? How many out of staters do you think there are? I am pretty worried about this.

Members don't see this ad :)
does that mean we have a low chance of getting accepted? How many out of staters do you think there are? I am pretty worried about this.

yeah i did interview 1/7. who knows. I'm trying not to think about it too much. You never know how many out-of-state they interview.

I am from out of state too.. but I graduated from North Carolina State University. Do you think they are very care about the pcat score?? My pcat score is below their average incoming class from last year...

I am from out of state too.. but I graduated from North Carolina State University. Do you think they are very care about the pcat score?? My pcat score is below their average incoming class from last year...

since it is the average, that should mean that there are people below their average score,although a median score would be more indicative of that.

but I don't think everyone got an 85, there will be people under 85 percentile

since it is the average, that should mean that there are people below their average score,although a median score would be more indicative of that.

but I don't think everyone got an 85, there will be people under 85 percentile

If you look at previous posts from people that were accepted during the November interview, some are in the 70s (which is good news for me haha).

I just got my acceptance email :)

wow.. that was really fast....what were your stats, if you don't mind me asking. were you in the noon group on 1/7?

anyone else get an acceptance email so soon?

I got my acceptance this afternoon too!

Last edited:
wow.. that was really fast....what were your stats, if you don't mind me asking. were you in the noon group on 1/7?

anyone else get an acceptance email so soon?

Hi

Yeah my interview was at 12-3. I was the last one who show up for the interview.

My stats is alright nothing spectacular.

After pharmcas calculated my gpa is 3.92
PCAT = 80%
Full time pharm tech for little bit more than one year
Various community volunteer services with hospital and other organizations.
Founder and president of one student organization.
Two summer REU experiences and RA thru out my college career.

I got an acceptance letter yesterday! I interviewed on 7th! I thought this was really fast compared to the last group. I was interviewed 12-3.

GPA: 3.2 (This is from UNC)
PCAT: 87

I got an acceptance letter yesterday! I interviewed on 7th! I thought this was really fast compared to the last group. I was interviewed 12-3.

GPA: 3.2 (This is from UNC)
PCAT: 87

email or letter? do you live in NC?

No, I'm from TN but I went to undergrad in NJ. What schools are you picking between?

Well I am currently got accepted to Jefferson and I am waiting for interview from Maryland and temple

Anyone from the 2-5 group get replies yet?

I wonder when the magical date will be when everyone else hears back :(

I was accepted in Nov and I was wondering if anybody who has been accepted will be looking for a PYI roommate soon and would like to secure an apt. I think the experience would be easier if you are living with somebody who is also going through the same motions you are. I have a couple of places in mind that my friend (who is currently a PYI at UNC) told me about and would love to secure an apartment before the hussle and bussle starts and the apartment complexes sign all their leases for next year. If anybody is interested just private message me and let me know. I was looking at a 3 bedroom apt in Chapel Hill on the bus route.

Anyone from the 2-5 group get replies yet?

I wonder when the magical date will be when everyone else hears back :(

I still haven't heard anything, but I imagine we'll hear this week even with the holiday.

I was wondering if anyone knows when the last series of interviews are and when they typically let students know?

Still waiting on the interview.
Still Hopeful

I was wondering if anyone knows when the last series of interviews are and when they typically let students know?

Still waiting on the interview.
Still Hopeful

I'm sure there will be a couple more sessions until April. There have only been 2 so far (November 19th and January 7th).

Has anyone who has sent in the deposit gotten any kind of official acknowledgement that it has been received? I sent mine a couple of weeks ago but I haven't heard anything back about it.

I still haven't heard anything, but I imagine we'll hear this week even with the holiday.

still waiting. I really want to go to UNC. I hope they didn't finish all the out of state admits already... :(

anyone hear anything? I hope we get some sort of response this week. I can't sleep at night! :eek:

I'm out of state and I received a invitation to interview yesterday, so there's still hope for the OOSers.

still waiting. I really want to go to UNC. I hope they didn't finish all the out of state admits already... :(

anyone hear anything? I hope we get some sort of response this week. I can't sleep at night! :eek:

I feel the exact same way :-( get really anxious when I think about it. I hope we both get good news!!!

I'm out of state and I received a invitation to interview yesterday, so there's still hope for the OOSers.

I hope it's not a bad sign that they sent out more invitations before they sent out the rest of the acceptances from the 1/7 interview :(

thanks!

don't worry, there is still a lot of time for you. don't give up hope. I hope you get some good news too! good luck! :thumbup:

some more words of encouragement - also, i was in the 12-3 group, your group (2-5) might not have been reviewed yet. :luck:

some more words of encouragement - also, i was in the 12-3 group, your group (2-5) might not have been reviewed yet. :luck:

Seriously have been on the verge of tears since your post, but that does make me feel better (and that nrsair didn't either... no offense!!! Hope you understand, no news is good news :) ). Still waiting for responses from our group!!