University of Oklahoma, Classes of 2008-2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think buying something is smart. You might as well have equity in something rather than throw money away on rent.

I totally agree with this in principal. I currently own my house, and not only do I have equity in it, in 6 yrs it has increased in value about $30K-50K depending on who's looking.

On the other hand, with med school and 2 little ones on the way, we're going to rent for a year to keep down on the maintenance issues of a house for a while.

We went apartment shopping last week. I have to say, going from 2400+ ft^2 down to 1000 ft^2 is going to suck. :thumbdown: I'm going to have to get rid of a lot of stuff.

Members don't see this ad.

So I think it's funny/sad that the only thing we got a point back for on the neuro written exam was something that wasn't appealed. I'm starting to think there's really no purpose for exam review.

So I think it's funny/sad that the only thing we got a point back for on the neuro written exam was something that wasn't appealed. I'm starting to think there's really no purpose for exam review.

I'd encourage you to vote for anyone else that is nominated to replace Mr. Don't Expect a Reply. Or run yourself!!

I like how he made it sound like, at the beginning of the semester, that we all WANTED to do our own review. It's not that WE want to do it, we just don't want YOU to...

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, I'm excited. :) So I take it IHI is not like the first year classes where 60 people make As, 70 made Bs and 20 make Cs.

Freeze, I am so not voting for that guy. Hopefully someone runs against him.

Look for a D.H., he ran initially, but got robbed. He always does his own reviews anyway, we might as well let him politic for us too! He's waffling right now, but I'm gonna work him over if he bails.

I can't believe we still don't have our exam keys for two classes.

On the voting, I'll be voting against almost everyone currently on there. :thumbup: :D

Yeah, weren't we supposed to get the HB key today? EBM, yeah, whatever. Considering we're still missing grades from weeks ago, I don't see that happening any time soon.

Yeah, weren't we supposed to get the HB key today? EBM, yeah, whatever. Considering we're still missing grades from weeks ago, I don't see that happening any time soon.

I hate waiting for exam scores...not as bad as I hate getting a crappy score, but still. :)

Hey Bagel Babe, did you know every time you have an orgasm you secrete Oxytocin :D

On the voting, I'll be voting against almost everyone currently on there. :thumbup: :D
Almost??? [Bambi eyes, sniffle, small tear forming at corner of eye.....]
I wasn't going to run again because I'd just about had enough, but I think I got talked into it. Please make some necessary changes in other places. I wonder if anybody's gonna run against me? I might just end up supporting 'em.

I wonder if anybody's gonna run against me? I might just end up supporting 'em.

haha

We mainly need to get rid of that secretary who was cooking the books and the pres & vicepres for helping spread rumors about 8 people. And a couple of others.

Members don't see this ad :)
I hate waiting for exam scores...not as bad as I hate getting a crappy score, but still. :)

Hey Bagel Babe, did you know every time you have an orgasm you secrete Oxytocin :D

Is that something we were supposed to learn today? I'm still mentally on break, so no, I didn't know. Cool. ;)

Speaking of oxytocin (sorta), I was behind this sorority girl in line at Wal-Mart who was buying Summer's Eve and eyeshadow. It's that like party prep these days?

Speaking of oxytocin (sorta), I was behind this sorority girl in line at Wal-Mart who was buying Summer's Eve and eyeshadow. It's that like party prep these days?

No rubbers, toys, cuffs, or squeeze cheese? hmmm
Can't be for sex.

'Maybe she and her mom were talking about not feeling fresh.

I remember when I first learned that while studying for the MCAT, and I will always remember it for the rest of my life because they both start with the big Ooooh!...:laugh: :smuggrin: :hardy:

Good pickup line..
Hey baby, wanna secrete some Oxytocin a few times tonight?
:thumbup:

No rubbers, toys, cuffs, or squeeze cheese? hmmm
Can't be for sex.

'Maybe she and her mom were talking about not feeling fresh.

Yeah, my mom and I had those conversations all the time.

Hasn't everyone under 80 gotten the memo that you're not supposed to douche? Man, that's a lame word.

Yeah, my mom and I had those conversations all the time.

Hasn't everyone under 80 gotten the memo that you're not supposed to douche? Man, that's a lame word.

umm...I didn't get the memo...
why are women not supposed to "insert lame word" ?

Because you get rid of the good bacteria and make yourself more likely to get infections. Plus, it's sort of self-cleaning anyway.

Here's what the US Department of Health has to say. :)

Wow...did we learn that yet? Not that it matters since I forget 80% of everything I "learn".

Plus, it's sort of self-cleaning anyway.

Ears are pretty much self cleaning too since they grow from the eardrum out, but people keep jamming Qtips (R) in them causing impactions...kind of the same but different...oh wait, my analogy doesn't really sound that good now that I typed it. I didn't mean it like it sounds...oh well, it's still true.

Ears are pretty much self cleaning too since they grow from the eardrum out, but people keep jamming Qtips (R) in them causing impactions...kind of the same but different...oh wait, my analogy doesn't really sound that good now that I typed it. I didn't mean it like it sounds...oh well, it's still true.

Oh you'll get to hear a lot from O'Don about that one. He said he would ban q-tips if he could. Yeah, I don't think vaginal impactions are so much the worry. :)

So did no one record mp3s today?

perfect :thumbup:

So how often does that happen, and does it totally mess with your homeschooling?

It doesn't happen that often...but yea it kinda screws with my ability to listen to mp3s when they don't exist.

thats better than a case of beer and a pregnancy test.

I like when they say "Have a good night" when you buy a box of rubbers. Um, yeah, no ****.
They say it when I buy frozen pizzas too, but it just doesn't seem as poignant. I never get the urge to reply, "You KNOW that ****'s right!!" when they say it then.

What, no academic internist mp3's!?!? NOW what am I going use to help me sleep tonight??
It seems like that happens more when there is a switch in people...I like how it's always, "Sorry." My dad would always say "Sorry don't feed the bulldog, son." I never knew what it meant, I just thought it was some cold-blooded **** to say to your son before you club him like a baby seal. We never even HAD bulldogs. :confused:

Is it vagina lip action? That's the best I could come up with after almost a day :)

I don't know that I'd devote much more brain power to deciphering Johnnyspeak. I'm not really sure if he is right, in the head.

I'm sure there is some part of the brain we'll learn about (or maybe already should know, something O'Don prolly went over) that acts as a filter, so that you know when to say certain things or when it might be inappropriate to giggle like schoolgirls at the mere mention of words such as "tossed salad" or "teabags". Yeah, he doesn't have that.

Apparently people miss recordings all the time because my mod's recorder winds up doing it half the time. Now I need to go check and make sure I'm not behind on my oh so important stuffing duties.

WIJG, I think you're thinking too hard. ;) Sometimes there's impact on the vagina I think is all Johnny was getting at. Unless I'm totally missing it still. :oops:

I don't know that I'd devote much more brain power to deciphering Johnnyspeak. I'm not really sure if he is right, in the head.

I'm sure there is some part of the brain we'll learn about (or maybe already should know, something O'Don prolly went over) that acts as a filter, so that you know when to say certain things or when it might be inappropriate to giggle like schoolgirls at the mere mention of words such as "tossed salad" or "teabags". Yeah, he doesn't have that.

You were laughing and smiling as much as I was when someone recommended tossed salad for the patient :D

When the heck did we take an exam in PCM?
My PCM grades on the africanamericanBoard say I took a written exam worth 300 pnts. Was that last semester or something?

I just graded my HB and got another B...easiest class in the world and I get a B on every exam lol

I think me making an A in medical school is one of the signs of the Apocolypse.

When the heck did we take an exam in PCM?
My PCM grades on the africanamericanBoard say I took a written exam worth 300 pnts. Was that last semester or something?

I just graded my HB and got another B...easiest class in the world and I get a B on every exam lol

I think me making an A in medical school is one of the signs of the Apocolypse.

Yep, right before break. Maybe you blocked its memory? :)

Yep, right before break. Maybe you blocked its memory? :)

Apparently so.
I got a low B on it and thought it was my EBM grade because I wasn't paying attention and was expecting an EBM exam grade, not a PCM. I was ticked cuz I thought I might have gotten an A on that EBM, not a low B. Of course that will mean the world's about to end if I do...so I'll nervously wait.

I heard the ebm key is in the glass case...hopefully someone will copy it and put in online.

Well...I suck...I got a 78% on that ebm final. I'm still happy to pass tho:)

If I can swing that score on all my finals I might even make it to second year.:scared:

Oh...and it looks like the world is still safe. I couldn't get an A if all I had to do was spell my name right. :smuggrin:

Well...I suck...I got a 78% on that ebm final. I'm still happy to pass tho:)

If I can swing that score on all my finals I might even make it to second year.:scared:

Oh...and it looks like the world is still safe. I couldn't get an A if all I had to do was spell my name right. :smuggrin:

You might still pull an A in the class, though. ;)

I haven't studied at all since test block, and I told myself I wouldn't get behind this time. Yeah, right.

Status
Not open for further replies.