University of Oklahoma, Classes of 2008-2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On a completely different note, don't believe upperclassmen when they tell you the 5th IHI test wasn't that bad. I and several of my mod-mates feel like we got worked over pretty well this afternoon.

Yeah, I heard some of you guys complaining about it. :(

Members don't see this ad.

On a completely different note, don't believe upperclassmen when they tell you the 5th IHI test wasn't that bad. I and several of my mod-mates feel like we got worked over pretty well this afternoon.

Yeah, i got beat like i stole something

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, i got beat like i stole something

I haven't checked the numbers for sure, but I think there's a good possibility that test took me from an A average to the point that I can no longer get an A in the class. Ouch. :thumbdown:

Me too :( The Heme section wasn't too bad, but the derm and oral KILLED me :mad:

Also, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever? THAT WAS NOT THIS TEST BLOCK, NOR WAS IT EVEN THIS CLASS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sorry, had to get that out there.

Wasn't the answer to that one ALL?

I can't remember the number (form A for me), though. I'm already trying to replace that IHI knowledge with pharmacology.

I haven't checked the numbers for sure, but I think there's a good possibility that test took me from an A average to the point that I can no longer get an A in the class. Ouch. :thumbdown:

That sucks. Maybe they'll give you all lots of points back. :luck:

So I'm hoping my 4 hours of HB studying was enough.

That sucks. Maybe they'll give you all lots of points back. :luck:

So I'm hoping my 4 hours of HB studying was enough.
That's how much I studied for it and I think I did ok.
Somebody didn't show up for the exam AGAIN and won't be taking it until Monday...sooooo no exam key til then :mad:

That's how much I studied for it and I think I did ok.
Somebody didn't show up for the exam AGAIN and won't be taking it until Monday...sooooo no exam key til then :mad:

f hb. it doesnt matter if you study or not, the stuff i miss is bad questions that have little to no relevance to anything in the syllabus or class. i firmly cemented my B in that class after this test. :thumbdown:

There were some ambiguous questions and some that were a little too detailed. Typical HB stuff. The FAS lecturer lied when she said you didn't even have to listen to her lecture or see her powerpoints to get all the questions right. Sure, most were pretty common knowledge stuff, but that question about the morphological deformities was way too detailed.

Again, who are these slackers who think HB is essentially a free day in exam block? :thumbdown:

Wasn't the answer to that one ALL?

I can't remember the number (form A for me), though. I'm already trying to replace that IHI knowledge with pharmacology.

While ALL or secondary syphilis would have been the logical answer choices (since they were from IHI and test block 11), the answer was in fact Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever (since I had form B, I can't help you with the question number). The week before step 1, I'll probably remember that it's endemic to North Carolina. Yesterday, there was no reason to think that I would :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
You mean the rest of med school life isn't like biochem where you get 22 points back on every test. ;)

I hope we get some back on Neuro...I got a 72% on the written and then bit it on the practical so that's too close for me to relax.

While ALL or secondary syphilis would have been the logical answer choices (since they were from IHI and test block 11), the answer was in fact Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever (since I had form B, I can't help you with the question number). The week before step 1, I'll probably remember that it's endemic to North Carolina. Yesterday, there was no reason to think that I would :mad:

I'm pretty sure it was #9 on form A (now that I look back over my sad looking answer sheet). I put A, which I'm pretty sure was ALL, and the key says that's correct. Anyone else with Form A remember? Or did I just guess right?

I hope we get some back on Neuro...I got a 72% on the written and then bit it on the practical so that's too close for me to relax.

I could use some points back on the practical, but I doubt that'll happen. I bet we will get some things back on the written.

Bleh, histology. I do not want to study.

So is anybody else getting weird cursor things when you type a message on SDN?

Skin is stupid. :eek:

I happen to like mine.

On a totally separate note, anybody ever raced a tornado before, because I just did? I hate commuting...taking these stupid pre-reqs that everyone tells me aren't going to help for medical school, but I have to do it because the med school says so...plus it's going to get me killed...bah!

I happen to like mine.

On a totally separate note, anybody ever raced a tornado before, because I just did? I hate commuting...taking these stupid pre-reqs that everyone tells me aren't going to help for medical school, but I have to do it because the med school says so...plus it's going to get me killed...bah!

There was a tornado? D@mn, that'd be a bad way to go. Aren't you supposed to get in the ditch? ;) I always wonder what you do when you're stuck in a traffic jam on an overpass. Anyway, glad you successfully outraced it.

There was a tornado? D@mn, that'd be a bad way to go. Aren't you supposed to get in the ditch? ;) I always wonder what you do when you're stuck in a traffic jam on an overpass. Anyway, glad you successfully outraced it.

It was just like that scene in Twister where they have to beat the storm to the highway, except not with all the drama and flying cows and stuff, and this one never actually touched down. It just swirled around up high. I'm sure there's a technical word for that, but I'm calling it a tornado.

I'm watching this storm come at me from the west and I'm going south in between Marlow and Rush Springs (I live in Duncan) and I've got to get south of it before it gets to the highway, so I started speeding like crazy. I get past it and my wife calls me on the cell phone and says: "Soonereng, where are you because there's a tornado?" and I said: "Yeah, I outran it."

It was just like that scene in Twister where they have to beat the storm to the highway, except not with all the drama and flying cows and stuff, and this one never actually touched down. It just swirled around up high. I'm sure there's a technical word for that, but I'm calling it a tornado.

I'm watching this storm come at me from the west and I'm going south in between Marlow and Rush Springs (I live in Duncan) and I've got to get south of it before it gets to the highway, so I started speeding like crazy. I get past it and my wife calls me on the cell phone and says: "Soonereng, where are you because there's a tornado?" and I said: "Yeah, I outran it."

your wife calls you soonereng?

I'm pretty sure it was #9 on form A (now that I look back over my sad looking answer sheet). I put A, which I'm pretty sure was ALL, and the key says that's correct. Anyone else with Form A remember? Or did I just guess right?

If that's true, then one of the keys are wrong, because the B key said the answer was C. Not that this would be unprecedented for IHI... it wouldn't be any fun if the answer keys were accurate! :rolleyes: Not that it makes a huge difference to me... I said syphilis :)

Wow this got pretty active... comes mid-testblock and everyone has something to complain about! I have so many thing to complain about that I've just decided to suppress them. Neuro needs to go at the end of the test block so I can recover without having to worry about my next test.

Wow this got pretty active... comes mid-testblock and everyone has something to complain about! I have so many thing to complain about that I've just decided to suppress them. Neuro needs to go at the end of the test block so I can recover without having to worry about my next test.

Which would be worse for a Friday the 13th? Neuro of Phys? ;)

I'll let you decide while I'm sleeping til noon.

You know, I keep promising myself that one of these days I'm going to make it through a WHOLE TEST BLOCK without pulling an all-nighter... but since Pharm's kicking my butt and the next test block is comprehensive... I think I'm gonna have to give up the dream :sleep:

Of course, the flip side of that is... by Thursday afternoon I'll only have one test block left ever. Man I'm glad I'm not a first year :smuggrin:

Anyway, back to anti-virals...

EDIT: I like ellipses.

thanks for all the help, ladies and gents! :)

so west is better than north? (commuting wise)

i'd probably prefer an apartment bc lack of hassles such as mowing, but i'm not completely against renting. looking to not spend more than $550/month not including bills. i'm fine with something small so don't mind paying more for location and safety than value per square foot. any more suggestions with that figure in mind? sorry, i know i have to decide but i love hearing from the experienced.

Well, the scuttlebutt is there has already been some waitlist movement, nine to be exact. Alright, show your faces. Give us some stats: OOS or In-state, XX or XY, other acceptances or not. Plus, if you join the SDN crowd, we can give glorious praise for your accomplishment.

Another waitlister with more new grey hairs than I would like to count, signing out. Courage.....Courage.....Courage.
:cool:

thanks for all the help, ladies and gents! :)

so west is better than north? (commuting wise)

i'd probably prefer an apartment bc lack of hassles such as mowing, but i'm not completely against renting. looking to not spend more than $550/month not including bills. i'm fine with something small so don't mind paying more for location and safety than value per square foot. any more suggestions with that figure in mind? sorry, i know i have to decide but i love hearing from the experienced.

I don't drive I-40 much anymore, so I can't comment accurately, but I've never thought the coming into OKC from east-west has ever been as bad as north-south. The only traffic I ever get into is because of people trying to get on I-35/235, or actually on them. If you can find a location that allows you to get to campus via mile section roads and such, it isn't too bad. I'm in a grey area where it's prolly 6 one way, half-dozen the other whether I get on the highway or not, time-wise. So I just get on backroads...

EDIT: I like ellipses.

Me too, but I prefer lunar over solar ones because you can look at the lunar ones more easily without worrying about damaging your eyes :rolleyes: .....Oh wait, you said ellipses...huh? :confused:

Edit: I just realized that your were referring to the ... rather than the oblong circles which I was thinking of ... stupid math-heavy engineering degree.

So I graded my histo exams.
Practical 60%
Written 82%
works out to 71% since they carry equal weight.

Once again I prove I am an overachiever at being mediocre. ;)

So I graded my histo exams.
Practical 60%
Written 82%
works out to 71% since they carry equal weight.

Once again I prove I am an overachiever at being mediocre. ;)

Why work to do better than you need to? ;)

I think I'm going to fail this EBM thing tomorrow, and I'm not gonna do so well on physio either. My motivation is gone.

1. All of the follow are true except:

• The pharmacology exam was easy.
  • The pharmacology exam was obtuse.
  • The pharmacology exam had too many "not" questions.
  • The pharmacology exam needed more "not" questions.
  • Choices A and B
  • Choices A and C
  • Choices A and D
  • Choices B and C
  • Your struggle to discern what exactly I'm testing besides trivial detail is futile, so why are you still reading answer choices?

1. All of the follow are true except:

• The pharmacology exam was easy.
  • The pharmacology exam was obtuse.
  • The pharmacology exam had too many "not" questions.
  • The pharmacology exam needed more "not" questions.
  • Choices A and B
  • Choices A and C
  • Choices A and D
  • Choices B and C
  • Your struggle to discern what exactly I'm testing besides trivial detail is futile, so why are you still reading answer choices?

do i detect a hint of bitterness? ;)

Why work to do better than you need to? ;)

I think I'm going to fail this EBM thing tomorrow, and I'm not gonna do so well on physio either. My motivation is gone.

Luckily if we even get 1/3 right on that ebm final I think we'll pass the class. The final is 30% of our grade and we've got A's on everything so far (I'm assuming that's what most people have)... so we've already almost got our 70%.

But physio...uggg...I really wish they'd stop using profs with thick accents that are hard to understand.

Luckily if we even get 1/3 right on that ebm final I think we'll pass the class. The final is 30% of our grade and we've got A's on everything so far (I'm assuming that's what most people have)... so we've already almost got our 70%.

But physio...uggg...I really wish they'd stop using profs with thick accents that are hard to understand.

We actually got an 89% of on one of our tbl's. :( We also always consistently score below average even though we still made As on the other ones. My group is more a blind leading the blind type of group instead of one of those groups where you have somebody who knows everything and is actually caught up. Also -- that last professor -- I wouldn't be surprised if she was a really picky grader. I think everyone can still fail the test, though, and pass.

You know, I really liked Benyajati's syllabus until about p. 100. After that, it just seems like a random collection of graphs and flow-charts without much explanation. The good news is that it seems from doing her practice tests that her questions aren't super tricky. At least we don't have Dormer anymore. :mad:

We actually got an 89% of on one of our tbl's. :( We also always consistently score below average even though we still made As on the other ones. My group is more a blind leading the blind type of group instead of one of those groups where you have somebody who knows everything and is actually caught up. Also -- that last professor -- I wouldn't be surprised if she was a really picky grader. I think everyone can still fail the test, though, and pass.

You know, I really liked Benyajati's syllabus until about p. 100. After that, it just seems like a random collection of graphs and flow-charts without much explanation. The good news is that it seems from doing her practice tests that her questions aren't super tricky. At least we don't have Dormer anymore. :mad:
I was lucky, there were only two slackers in my group, me and someone else.:D

We did get a 94 on one, and I think a 96, 98, not sure what else. Hopefully I don't have to do good on the final. Screw ebm, I'm just gonna try to memorize some formulas and then switch to physio. I'm bringing some Astroglide on Friday just to be safe ;)

I was lucky, there were only two slackers in my group, me and someone else.:D

We did get a 94 on one, and I think a 96, 98, not sure what else. Hopefully I don't have to do good on the final. Screw ebm, I'm just gonna try to memorize some formulas and then switch to physio. I'm bringing some Astroglide on Friday just to be safe ;)

It'll be Dr. B's lucky day. :D

Awww... you can't leave us hanging like that. What's going on now?

As you can tell by my activity here and on the discussion boards I'm getting loads of studying done for HB.

Someone in our class apparently composed a pretty funny song about one of our favorite professors. :) I'll forward it to you. Yeah, I'm hoping I can study tomorrow.

I have never taken a test where so many people had to go clarify stuff with the professor. I loved that one questions where 3 of the 4 choices were correct. ;)

I have never taken a test where so many people had to go clarify stuff with the professor. I loved that one questions where 3 of the 4 choices were correct. ;)

ya. i guess the questions was supposed to read which of these is NOT true. haha. i wish all of medical school was like ebm, histo, and embryo. i just hope i was doing that whole nnt/nnh calculation correctly. :)

lol yea

It's irritating we aren't getting the exam key til next week...whoever is screwing everything up like this better be gettin a kidney replaced or something.

I had non-tradtulsa sitting next to me today. He smelled of booze and marijuana big time. We need to refer him to that physicians recovery program...or do they take MS1s?

Just kidding, but he did still have that "cheap hooker" smell on him from last night. :laugh:

ya. i guess the questions was supposed to read which of these is NOT true. haha. i wish all of medical school was like ebm, histo, and embryo. i just hope i was doing that whole nnt/nnh calculation correctly. :)

Yeah, now I'm worried that I did all the math wrong for the simple stuff. Of course, I didn't have a calculator. Yeah, imagine how much spare time we had. You'd just study the night before and do fine. :)

he did still have that "cheap hooker" smell on him from last night.

Mom!? :scared:

Just kidding. My mother's dead. :(

No. I mean, she lives in Colorado.

This lack of sleep is causing me to think/say/type inappropriate things. Part of me is ashamed for this message, but I'm going to hit submit anyway and let it go. I think I'll go take a nap now.

Status
Not open for further replies.