University of Oklahoma -- everyone welcome -- Part 4

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have nothing to say, I just wanted to be the one to make the 4000th post on this thread. :)
LMAO - SDN or Cox is slow tonight, and I spent at least five minutes while the page was loading eagerly awaiting what you had to say!

Members don't see this ad.

So, does anyone have an opinion on whether the Tulsa Visit Day is worth 2 days of no studying?? Will they look down on me if I don't go? :help:

Jwax, speaking of civilians... I would not recommend attending a party and talking about how much you enjoyed having the opportunity to open a guy's scrotum with a scalpel. Most of the women in the room might agree with you, but they'll be too afraid to say so. :p

I made sure to let the urologists know that this was my fave part. I think even they were a little concerned. :p For some reason, no man appreciates the enjoyment a woman gets from cutting open a scrotum. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
So, does anyone have an opinion on whether the Tulsa Visit Day is worth 2 days of no studying?? Will they look down on me if I don't go? :help:

I enjoyed the experience even though I was pretty sure we weren't going to Tulsa for 3rd/4th year. I mostly went to check out there ED since that's where OK's EM residency program is, and mostly to spend a night goofing off with friends in another location. They treat you to dinner Thursday night while talking up Tulsa's program, followed by a morning spent with doctors in one area of your choice. If you already know you're going to Tulsa, there is no real need to attend unless you just want to. If you're on the fence, still no need to attend and they certainly wouldn't look down on you for not coming, but it might be helpful.

I probably could have answered that with a lot less words.

As of last year, it didn't make a difference, and I doubt it'll make a difference this year either. As of yet, no one who selected Tulsa has ever been turned away. Personally I enjoyed Tulsa day 2 years ago but wasn't so thrilled with the format last year. I'm guessing this year will be like last year. 2 years ago, it was really informal, and I got the chance to talk with lots of Tulsa students about what they liked and didn't like. Last year, it was entirely too structured for my taste and too focused specifically on "community medicine" and not on the everyday advantages/disadvantages of rotating in Tulsa.

Editing to add that if you have any questions about Tulsa, feel free to post them here.

Yeah, I attached the agenda for this year's Tulsa day and it looks pretty structured. I think it would be fun, but think it would be difficult to justify the use of time to myself. I am already decided that I am going there, so that's a non-issue, but I suppose I feel like I *should* go.

Just don't want to be seen as a slacker before I even start 3rd year. Know what I mean?

:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Agenda.docx
    12.7 KB · Views: 152
Yeah, I attached the agenda for this year's Tulsa day and it looks pretty structured. I think it would be fun, but think it would be difficult to justify the use of time to myself. I am already decided that I am going there, so that's a non-issue, but I suppose I feel like I *should* go.

Just don't want to be seen as a slacker before I even start 3rd year. Know what I mean?

Don't worry, you'll have plenty of time to make that impression later on. If you know you're going there, I wouldn't bother. Any of the Tulsa students on here could easily tell you the perks of Tulsa that you'll be receiving, i.e. free food, free parking, opportunity to work at their free clinic, smaller number of students & residents, etc. I don't think they expect you to come if you are intending to go there already. I enjoyed the experience even though we were 98% sure we couldn't move up to Tulsa.

Nah, there's nothing wrong with slacking while you can. You'll have to learn how to do that third year anyway. :) Yeah, it looks like the structure is about identical to last year. It was OK I guess, but I felt like the forced small group discussions about community medicine were kinda lame, along with the having to move tables every 10 minutes or whatever at the lunch.

Jwax did point out most of the Tulsa advantages. Another I heard recently from an OKC student doing an elective here is that maybe we have more didactics aimed at students and not residents. Don't know how accurate that is but thought it was interesting. I think grades are also a little higher here -- 25% of our class made AOA (probably not statistically significant since our class is so small, and AOA is still largely determined by MS1 and 2 grades). And, imo, Tulsa is a much nicer place to live than OKC.

Free Food? Well it's settled, I am definitely going to Tulsa! :D

Thanks guys for all of the advice, I think I am okay with not going then.

My problem with Tulsa Day is that they continue to try to present the School of Community Medicine as if it's a fait accompli - and it becomes obvious that it isn't. I've told them several times that if they would just say, "hey, here are our ideas - you can come to Tulsa and help this concept grow into a reality," they'd have a lot more credibility.

But no matter what you think of the SOCM concept, Tulsa is well worth a look. We are so small that you're generally treated as a full team member and you get as much "face time" with the attendings as the residents do. I'm convinced from talking to my OKC friends that my experience up here was far more hands-on and personal - and probably less stressful. I would also not underestimate the advantages of training in a community hospital setting - all the Tulsa hospitals have significant academic involvement... but I can tell you from my days in administration that university hospitals tend to have a different culture that isn't real-world (unless you plan to stay in academic medicine).

Question for my upperclassmen: say I wanted to finish my research from summer of M1-2 that I did a presentation on last March during a research month in 4th year. Would it be feasible to do this research month during the expected interview season (which I'm not positive when this is... sometime between Nov-Jan is what I'm presuming). My research doesn't really require me to do much more than utilize my lap top, which I can easily do on the road. I just wasn't sure if there was a lot of preparation involved in the interview season that would make it difficult to get much accomplished w/my research during that period. Thoughts? Thanks!

Granted, I haven't reached that point, but it doesn't seem like it would be a problem. You say "finish"; would that change it's status on the "in manuscript, in submission, published" spectrum? If so, I'd almost wonder if you shouldn't do a special studies month before interview season (which varies depending on specialty; mine is dec-jan mostly) so that you have it completed and can say as much during your nationwide tour. So basically, Tulsa sub-I, 2 aways, month o' research, interviews, coast/hide/look busy until match. That's roughly similar to what I envisioned before I changed paths on the last day of third year.....

Granted, I haven't reached that point, but it doesn't seem like it would be a problem. You say "finish"; would that change it's status on the "in manuscript, in submission, published" spectrum? If so, I'd almost wonder if you shouldn't do a special studies month before interview season (which varies depending on specialty; mine is dec-jan mostly) so that you have it completed and can say as much during your nationwide tour. So basically, Tulsa sub-I, 2 aways, month o' research, interviews, coast/hide/look busy until match. That's roughly similar to what I envisioned before I changed paths on the last day of third year.....

With any luck, it would change it from "abstract + oral presentation at national convention" to that + in submission, though the doc the research is with is kind of a slow, methodical character so it may just go from the original statement --> in manuscript.

Do they ever screw 4th years over and make you do any of your req's like the amb or rural rotation in the first few months? Or do they really let you build your schedule as needed to best prep for the match and finish the year off with the useless reqs?

Members don't see this ad :)
With any luck, it would change it from "abstract + oral presentation at national convention" to that + in submission, though the doc the research is with is kind of a slow, methodical character so it may just go from the original statement --> in manuscript.

Do they ever screw 4th years over and make you do any of your req's like the amb or rural rotation in the first few months? Or do they really let you build your schedule as needed to best prep for the match and finish the year off with the useless reqs?

Like all third and fourth year scheduling there's an element of luck with the lottery system. Some people do get screwed, but I wouldn't be worried about ambulatory of rural in July. I'd try to avoid having it during interview season. Most programs interview from late October to late January with some variations by specialty.

You draw one number for both amb/rural, and one for the rest of your schedule. They flip the A/R number, amb going one way, rural the other, so in theory you shouldn't get screwed per se. Although if you have a middle number, you can groped or fondled (whichever is slightly less obtrusive than a good ol' fashioned screwin'), without the pleasure of knowing you get dibs going the other direction. But you won't have say, rural in july followed by ambu in aug no matter what happens. If you end up with a decent ambu pick, lots of folks do it in the fall and use that to study for step 2, because you have to take the shelf at the end; why study same stuff twice? I like lottery time because it's funny to hear peoples' rationales for everything, but that is one of them. Mine are both in the spring. I had a good pick when they flipped the #s, but I can't really remember why I thought I wanted to take ambulatory so late. Oh well. My interest in school has come to a grinding halt as it is, I shudder to think what it might be in mid-March and beyond....

Are there any rules about what can happen to you re: interviews? I've tried to spread mine out over November, December, and January. I was thinking that Rads was a 4-week rotation (it's not, it's 2) so I scheduled 2 interviews the last week - which means I'll only be there one day out of the 5. I can see them getting irritated - but West Coast interviews are a 3-day proposition no matter how you slice it - you have to have one day to get out there, there's interview day, then it's too late in the afternoon for East-bound flights - so that's one more day. I'm afraid I'm going to get in trouble with somebody. :oops:

I'm about to start the last week of Cards. I gotta tell ya, Dr. Medina worked my tail off but I worship that man. He's 70 and only working half-time, but he is such a brilliant cardiologist and, after a lifetime of experience, he knows everything - period. He also adores teaching and is incredibly talented at grabbing a piece of scrap paper and drawing a picture of what he's trying to teach you. I'll admit I'm a little smitten with cards now - and he had quite a talk with me about not limiting my options because of my age. He was incredibly inspiring. 4 years of post-IM fellowship is pretty intimidating - but, then again, cards pays a lot more money to finish funding my retirement accounts. Hmmm...

As posted (inappropriately) on Facebook, I'm also very happy today to get back a path report on a lady for whom I had to do a pelvic and Pap in clinic. The 3rd year hadn't done OB/Gyn yet, so I got it. I was going to show off my expertise until I saw this patient. Big gal - really big. Multiple parity with collapsing vaginal walls and a very jagged cervical opening. I kept debating with myself - that's the cervix. No, it's not. Yes, it is. No, it's not. Every time I repositioned, though, I came back to the same place. Just as I was about to ask for a larger speculum, I decided that it was. Thank heaven the path came back "acceptable for evaluation with transformation zone." I was going to be totally humiliated if I had taken a Pap sample from a fold in her vaginal wall... and, of course, it would be awful to make her go through that again because I was a klutz.

But that's only if you do interventional cards right? Regular cards is 3 yrs post IM and then 1 more year for the interventional right?
I looked it up. Clinical cards is 3 years, not 4 (I would want to do non-interventional). I don't know if interventional is another year or 2 years. 3 years more would have sounded horrible at the beginning of this adventure - now, I'm almost thinking - hell, what's another 3 years at this point??

Although - on a serious note, cards is so hard to get into that many people take a year off - chief resident in IM year, whatever you want to call it - to do research and to burnish their resume - so you could say "4 years" and not be that far off.

I don't know how this can be the case, since I will have had 6 weeks of rads experience after this week, but the elective catalog makes it sound like absences are not well tolerated by the dept here. I cannot imagine that anyone would know you are gone. The only reason I showed up to my MRI month was that it was MSK stuff, pretty applicable for me. On nuc med this last week, I think I spent maybe an hour and a half in the reading room. Total. Some of that was doing MY reading, for step 2...The cool thing about rads residents here is that nearly ALL of them are either non-trads or switchers. Think the avg age of the "senior" class is like 42 or something. It seems to give them a perspective about your time, and the ones I've met anyway don't make you waste yours...

So I don't know how they can be anal about missing time, particularly for something as important as, oh say, INTERVIEWING FOR YOUR CHOSEN CAREER!!!! :rolleyes:

So I don't know how they can be anal about missing time, particularly for something as important as, oh say, INTERVIEWING FOR YOUR CHOSEN CAREER!!!! :rolleyes:

:thumbup:

Surprisingly, it seems like some rotations aren't super supportive of taking time off, which is completely uncool. As for radiology here in Tulsa, is Dr. D still going to teach it for now? If you sign up for the 4 week thing, my understanding is that the last 2 weeks are usually in the hospital, where I think you probably could just not show up. For the lecture part, he'd do the whole chest thing twice in the 4 week rotation, so you could miss it once.

I signed up for all the flex stuff for the next 3 months -- domestic violence, family public health and peds public health -- so I think I should be OK.

As far as we know, Dr. D is gone and isn't coming back. They've been playing with the schedules of those who were supposed to take rads in the last 2-week period - I don't know what's going to happen the last 2 weeks of November, and I don't think Tammy does, either.

So... I was thinking about trying to do my 2 week EM selective up in Tulsa anyways, even though it is a month long rotation up there. I was thinking I could either just wait to do EM as a selective at the beginning of 4th year (since we get two, I could again try to put them back-to-back and do it in Tulsa) OR I could try and convince Tulsa and OKC to let me do the month long rotation in 2 weeks. Pretty sure it is only 14 shifts that you do in T-town, but I could be making that up. Any thoughts?

Why not just do the month up there? I figure one of two things has happened: You enjoyed doing foley consults or hacking on some guy's wrinkled up scrot while on urology, -OR- you got all excited getting home by noon and were dropping tubes like they were on FYAH while on anesthesia, and NOW you wonder if you can put up with nights, non-emergent shiz, drug-seekers, being ground zero in the social armpit of this great land of ours in general. Huh, huh? ;)

I would defer thoughts to our class prez. He went up there as third year for a month, and may know stuff.

Why not just do the month up there? I figure one of two things has happened: You enjoyed doing foley consults or hacking on some guy's wrinkled up scrot while on urology, -OR- you got all excited getting home by noon and were dropping tubes like they were on FYAH while on anesthesia, and NOW you wonder if you can put up with nights, non-emergent shiz, drug-seekers, being ground zero in the social armpit of this great land of ours in general. Huh, huh? ;)

I would defer thoughts to our class prez. He went up there as third year for a month, and may know stuff.

The only reason I don't want to do it as a month up there is that I'd have to wait until 4th year to do so. I'd really prefer to get in some time up there this year and I only have the one, 2 week selective in 3rd year after surg/med. I'd rather go up 4th year as a sub-I rather than just as doing a selective. Know what I mean?
(And who doesn't want to hang out with the drug seekers in the social armpit of America?)

The only reason I don't want to do it as a month up there is that I'd have to wait until 4th year to do so. I'd really prefer to get in some time up there this year and I only have the one, 2 week selective in 3rd year after surg/med. I'd rather go up 4th year as a sub-I rather than just as doing a selective. Know what I mean?
(And who doesn't want to hang out with the drug seekers in the social armpit of America?)
4th years have priority for scheduling the EM elective. Even if you have medicine and surgery, you may have a tough time getting a slot as a 3rd year. As an OKC person, you're also an alien up here. You could try, but you'd have to convince the Tulsa course director to modify the curriculum to 2 weeks for you. He's a nice guy, but I don't know if he's that nice...

Think I forgot you guys get 3 selectives in third year. Couldn't figure out why it was even on your mind since you've done two already....

If I'm not a pulmonologist do I still have to deal with sputum samples? ...'cause I don't wanna.... So sick of studying pulmonary/CV. +pity+

Sorry for the whiny-second year-Test Block-b*tch- session. Needed to get it out and procrastinate at the same time. :D

Have I mentioned that I :love: third year for this reason alone?

:thumbup:

Shelfs, OSCE's, and oral exams suck, but not nearly as bad as Test Block. Third year >>> 1st/2nd year (except for peds :p). Good luck with TB guys.

I know I'm weird, but I still get very nostalgic about second year at times. I loved studying at home and basically being left alone when I wanted to be alone. Not that I didn't have a good time third year, but God was it a shock to have to get up every morning before the sun was up, shower, shave, and put on a tie. I'd get to the hospital and, jeez, I just wasn't used to so many bright lights and so many people about...

But, then again, now that ALL of medical school is ending, I'm getting much more nostalgic. No more passing my classes and getting a check in the mail to pay the bills for the next year. Now, it's planes and hotels (that part I'm looking forward to - I used to travel a lot when I had a real paycheck) and interviews and real jobs and soon putting "M.D." after my name on orders, and praying that I didn't forget something that'll kill someone.

At the old age of 48, I feel like I'm re-entering adult life with a brand-new spacesuit. I'm just hoping my heat shield is in place when the retro rockets fire in May (now, how's that for a metaphor??).

I missed my usual video posting for the first TB for those not fortunate enough to be done with them like myself, but here you go. This one isn't that new, but maybe you haven't seen it yet. Either way, enjoy!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ1xtWzoJbE&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

And here's one more to make up for missing the first test block.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTagc18M3Hw&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks for the study break, soonereng. I hadn't seen either one yet.

I just recently got accepted to the class of 2014!!! Does anyone have any advice on places to live that are near campus? TY

I just recently got accepted to the class of 2014!!! Does anyone have any advice on places to live that are near campus? TY

I have quite a few friends who live here and they haven't had any complaints. Very close to school, reasonable rates, highly populated by health science center students.
The Lincoln at Central Park

There are also plenty of people who live in the Deep Deuce area as well as on campus.
University Village
listings for Deep Deuce/Bricktown/Downtown/HSC area

Unsolicited commentary re: on-campus living
As a newbie everything "med school" is (and should be) completely thrilling and living on the med school campus likely sounds very appealing and convenient (correctly so). As one who lives off-campus, I can confidently say that at this point the thought of living on-campus is slightly horrifying. I have plenty of classmates who live on-campus and like it (they are very cozy apartments), but I cherish the feeling of being "away" from school once classes are over. You will find no shortage of occasions to be on-campus for classes/studying in library/gym/student union/ect and will be around your classmates all the time - just consider looking at off-campus places as a gift from your future, med school savy self to your current, med school newbie self.

Congratulations, BTW!!! You guys ought to get a Class of 2014 FB group started.

Unsolicited commentary re: on-campus living
As a newbie everything "med school" is (and should be) completely thrilling and living on the med school campus likely sounds very appealing and convenient (correctly so). As one who lives off-campus, I can confidently say that at this point the thought of living on-campus is slightly horrifying. I have plenty of classmates who live on-campus and like it (they are very cozy apartments), but I cherish the feeling of being "away" from school once classes are over. You will find no shortage of occasions to be on-campus for classes/studying in library/gym/student union/ect and will be around your classmates all the time - just consider looking at off-campus places as a gift from your future, med school savy self to your current, med school newbie self.
I couldn't agree more. An apartment wasn't really a good option for me as I have a large, somewhat boisterous German Shepherd. I had been told by many people to avoid living in areas where I'd need to use the Broadway Extension, and I did. I rented a very modest (and affordable) post-War house with a big backyard near N.W. 16th and Portland - there were several other med students who rented in the neighborhood. Using either I-40 or N.W. 10th, I could be on-campus in less than 20 minutes.

I came to love my little working-class neighborhood. It was ethnically diverse, but the people on my block were friendly and determined to keep the neighborhood as safe as possible. I'm back in my suburban south Tulsa home, but I still miss my little OKC house. I really liked the fact that my home life was away from campus - sometimes just going to the grocery store was the only connection I had with the real world and non-academic life. I know some people enjoyed the campus apartments - but I can tell you, when I first woke up in the morning, the last thing I wanted to see was the University Hospitals.

OKC is one of the only places in the country where a medical student can afford to live just about wherever he wants - I'd consider taking advantage of that. Also, I'm fairly liberal but a bit of a privacy freak, but I'll say this: as a med student, O.U. will have so much control over your life that I can't imagine also having the University as my landlord and local police department.

Last edited:
I had been told by many people to avoid living in areas where I'd need to use the Broadway Extension, and I did. I rented a very modest (and affordable) post-War house with a big backyard near N.W. 16th and Portland - there were several other med students who rented in the neighborhood. Using either I-40 or N.W. 10th, I could be on-campus in less than 20 minutes.

Mr. Bravo and I actually live by Baptist so I take I-44 to I-235. Even at rush hour, it only takes me about 15 minutes to get to school + time to walk in from parking lot. Going home at rush house is a completely different beast and I avoid that whenever possible.

I hear that you're having a successful interview season, NTT. Congrats to you on your hard work. Wishing you success on the trail!

Mr. Bravo and I actually live by Baptist so I take I-44 to I-235. Even at rush hour, it only takes me about 15 minutes to get to school + time to walk in from parking lot. Going home at rush house is a completely different beast and I avoid that whenever possible.

I hear that you're having a successful interview season, NTT. Congrats to you on your hard work. Wishing you success on the trail!
Ah. If you guys had been there at the same time I was, I might accuse you of being one of the people on westbound I-44 (actually going south at that point) who wouldn't let me get over from the N.W. 10th Street right lane on-ramp to the left lane for I-40 East at the Amarillo Junction. 4 lanes in about a quarter-mile was sometimes a tad stressful at rush hour. Is elevated I-40 going to stay in service until the new section is finished or are there going to be construction delays? The I-35 project from Norman to Shields Blvd. was a nightmare that lasted for years. I'm sure the Broadway Extension widening was a hassle for people when I lived there - I tended to avoid it at all costs. The thing I really miss is the elevated ramp between northbound Lake Hefner Parkway and eastbound Kilpatrick. I used to try to take that at a minimum of 60mph - great view, and as much fun as a roller-coaster.

We'll see about interviews. Today I'm ready to sign up for the Tulsa program and pack it all in. I'm a little discouraged today - my poor Mom's Alzheimer's Disease is getting worse by day. She's going to have to be moved to a higher level of care but I can't mess with it until interviews are over so I'm over there every day just trying to help her keep it together. Moving her out of state would double my own nightmares. I try not to forget how grateful I am that she managed to hold things together for 2 years while I was in OKC.

Late edit: Oh, duh, you take eastbound I-44 to the Broadway Extension. Have you tried westbound (south) to I-40 East to 235 North? You might find it's quicker - I tried it both ways several times.

As a commuter, I just wanted to say that you should live where you feel "at home." I live up by Stillwater and commute for required activities and fun stuff. I listen to lectures on my mp3 player, so much of my drive time is well spent. Just wanted to let you know that commuting is always an option as well.

We'll see about interviews. Today I'm ready to sign up for the Tulsa program and pack it all in. I'm a little discouraged today - my poor Mom's Alzheimer's Disease is getting worse by day. She's going to have to be moved to a higher level of care but I can't mess with it until interviews are over so I'm over there every day just trying to help her keep it together. Moving her out of state would double my own nightmares. I try not to forget how grateful I am that she managed to hold things together for 2 years while I was in OKC.

Late edit: Oh, duh, you take eastbound I-44 to the Broadway Extension. Have you tried westbound (south) to I-40 East to 235 North? You might find it's quicker - I tried it both ways several times.

I'm really sorry about your Mom's condition worsening. Despite your obvious love and affection, I know it is exhausting to care for her. I've honestly been amazed that you've been so successful as a student while still looking out for her.

Re: traffic route - I generally taking the I-44/Broadway combo to/from school and but the I-40/I-44 combo when I'm heading home at rush hour. There's no doubt that I-40 is faster between 4:15-6:00 p.m. As for the a.m. drive, I've found the timing to be pretty much the same for both but I-40 always feels a bit more treacherous in the mornings.

I would love to live way out in the country and commute. I have no idea how you can pull this off during 3rd and 4th year. Surgical mornings come early enough without facing an hour drive.

I would love to live way out in the country and commute. I have no idea how you can pull this off during 3rd and 4th year. Surgical mornings come early enough without facing an hour drive.

Agree very much. I commuted the first two years quite successfully. I don't know if this will even be advisable with the new curriculum coming in that will probably mean more mandatory attendance for the first two years.

I have IM and Surg down and there was really no way I could have commuted every day for either one of them, and especially for surg. I did do it for a day or two a week, but it would really be murder to do it every day. Now that I'm on psych, that's another story. I plan on commuting almost every day. It will just be a rotation by rotation thing from here on out.

One of deans gave out free points for attendance during her lectures, before she was dean. Always made comments mildly disparaging toward the homeschooling practice. I only know that because I listened to some of the lecture mp3's.....

Times, they are a'changin...

mandatory attendance? :eek:

This is totally my surmisation based on discussions from last year with the deans when they grilled us as to why we didn't attend NON-mandatory lectures.

Granted that I haven't kept up with the final format of the new curriculum since it didn't apply to me, but my understanding was that there would probably be more team activities and by extension more mandatory attendance.

I could totally be off base here though, and I honestly don't care either way as it doesn't affect me. I have little confidence in our administration to increase the quality of the education by changing the methodology of information delivery when they are delivering the same (at times irrelevant) information with the same personnel.

One of deans gave out free points for attendance during her lectures, before she was dean. Always made comments mildly disparaging toward the homeschooling practice. I only know that because I listened to some of the lecture mp3's.....

Times, they are a'changin...

Probably true, which is too bad because I was a homeschooling fan. People learn differently -- why not respect that? Still, though, I don't think anyone is going to get hit with required lectures. Instead there will be regular group things, moving in more a pbl type of way, so I'm guessing you can still stay home somewhat regularly. Reform is needed because we do below average on Step 1, and that's not acceptable. But I also agree with soonereng that the problem is sometimes the content and not the delivery.

Anyway, your first 2 years will go by so quickly, and you'll pretty much forget you ever did it in a few years.