University of Oklahoma Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
can you post the link to that thread?

You might want to utilize the search button at the top right of the screen. GAAW!!! Newbies!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone! I have been a loyal reader to all the posts and finally decided to join the conversation. I received one of "The admissions committee is still evaluating the applicant pool" letters, and I think we are on the alternative list. I got some info from an insider and this is what he said.

There is an alternative list – primarily for OKC. We are waiting on students to accept/decline offers (usually about 10-15% decline), so more slots should open. Have patience and if not accepted this year, reapply.

I also tried to call Jennifer Richardson when I got the letter, and they told me she was out sick today. So then I called Coralee at Tulsa, and she told me she didn't know exactly what the letter meant but she would call the OKC and get back with me.

Just trying to keep my hopes up and the hopes of everyone who got the same kind of letter.

Hi everyone! I have been a loyal reader to all the posts and finally decided to join the conversation. I received one of "The admissions committee is still evaluating the applicant pool" letters, and I think we are on the alternative list. I got some info from an insider and this is what he said.

There is an alternative list – primarily for OKC. We are waiting on students to accept/decline offers (usually about 10-15% decline), so more slots should open. Have patience and if not accepted this year, reapply.

I also tried to call Jennifer Richardson when I got the letter, and they told me she was out sick today. So then I called Coralee at Tulsa, and she told me she didn't know exactly what the letter meant but she would call the OKC and get back with me.

Just trying to keep my hopes up and the hopes of everyone who got the same kind of letter.

Thanks so much mama!!!

I am sorry to hear about Jennifer. I thought that something may have been wrong. It was very unusual for her not to follow up with us Friday as promised.

Members don't see this ad :)
So mama what campus did you request?

I wonder how many people received the hold status letter?

No, we're just good thread hijackers.

whos in your avatar?

I know, I think it is hilarious, but I know nothing about football even though my ex played.

It is my daughter. Had to put one up of the kid since everyone else is showing theirs off.

I know, I think it is hilarious, but I know nothing about football even though my ex played.

It is my daughter. Had to put one up of the kid since everyone else is showing theirs off.

She's beautiful!!! Does she like cheering???

She's beautiful!!! Does she like cheering???

That is the only sport that exists for her. Luckily she is very, very good at it. *Proud Momma* Her squad won 4 national championships last year.

It took me a few years to get into it. I was a volleyball girl myself.

Is it only Tulsa applicants that are getting the "hold" notice? I have not noticed any one that picked OKC get that letter. Just a thought. :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
There sure are alot of Tulsa people getting this letter *Worried*

So Megan, did your friend get skered and hijack someone else's thread?

I got the same letter and I applied to the OKC campus.

I go for my pre op visit tomorrow.....eeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk...... :scared: :scared:

I have a question for anyone who has been accepted. Has the status on your pharmcas account changed to accepted? I am wondering if we will be able to gauge what is going on with our status by our pharmcas account.

I have a question for anyone who has been accepted. Has the status on your pharmcas account changed to accepted? I am wondering if we will be able to gauge what is going on with our status by our pharmcas account.

No you cannot. I've already posted information about this but I don't remember where exactly in this thread that the information is. I contacted Jennifer Richardson about that status page and she told me to disregard any info that it shows. They do not use this page anymore. It is a reminent of the old system that was disregarded after they started using pharmcas. However, it is still linked in certain places so certain info will be changed/updated from time to time. There is no way to check electronically on the status of your application.

You guys were busy last night. I had to take a break as soon as I got to work just to catch up on my SDN reading. Interesting topics too....:D

Just got a new message from Jennifer Richardson - check your emails...

Just got a new message from Jennifer Richardson - check your emails...

So I wonder what those 14 other letters are. Do the acceptance letters or the denial letters have the Dean's signature? My wait letters have the assistant dean's

So I wonder what those 14 other letters are. Do the acceptance letters or the denial letters have the Dean's signature? My wait letters have the assistant dean's

They are probably acceptance letters. My acceptance letter had the dean's signature.

You never know, one of those could be yours. Just keep your head up. It took me three tries before i finally got in. If you keep working hard, it will pay off.

You never know, one of those could be yours. Just keep your head up. It took me three tries before i finally got in. If you keep working hard, it will pay off.

I don't think I can try any harder.

Wow, those are really good stats. Keep your head up. I bet one of those letters are for you. Good Luck!

I don't think I can try any harder.

gpa: 3.89
pcat: 92
Over 10 years of Hospital Administration Experience
Volunteer 792 hours (girl scout leader)
In State

I do think however that I am penalized for degrees. I was asked in my interview how I knew that Pharmacy was really what I wanted to do even though I haven't ever worked in one and I have very different prior degrees, one Mathematics and Business Management. I guess I didn't do as well in the interview as I thought.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...With those stats, you will get in. Not everybody who gets an acceptance letter will have everything that the adcom desires. What you lack in direct experience, you more than make up for with stellar grades and PCAT scores. Believe it or not, I'm actually starting to feel better about this. I'm sure that they will have quite a few people who choose not to go to OU. As those people notify Jennifer, we'll be reassessed and offered a spot.

The question is: If we are offered a spot, where will it be? If you are offered OKC, will you take it?

I've said it before and I'll say it again...With those stats, you will get in. Not everybody who gets an acceptance letter will have everything that the adcom desires. What you lack in direct experience, you more than make up for with stellar grades and PCAT scores. Believe it or not, I'm actually starting to feel better about this. I'm sure that they will have quite a few people who choose not to go to OU. As those people notify Jennifer, we'll be reassessed and offered a spot.

Cheerleader Megan has rubbed off on you. Your turning into a softy

Hell yeah!! I would go to OKC if that is all they offered me. I don't care if I have to drive back and forth each day. It is still pharmacy school.

Hell yeah!! I would go to OKC if that is all they offered me. I don't care if I have to drive back and forth each day. It is still pharmacy school.

My thoughts exactly. I'm all for carpooling.

So how many of us are still checking that dad-gum website for our admission status even though Jennifer told us not to waste our time.

I have to admit I do

Thanks for everyones encouragement in this thread and wish the best of luck to all of you, and to the ones still waiting, glad to hear you have hope.:)

Thanks for everyones encouragement in this thread and wish the best of luck to all of you, and to the ones still waiting, glad to hear you have hope.:)

Pharm,

I hope you are holding up okay. Best of luck with SWOSU. Keep us posted on how things turn out.

Thanks pharm21. I hope you will reapply next year - you've got great stats and I sincerely believe that they will not overlook you again. Good luck!!!

So how many of us are still checking that dad-gum website for our admission status even though Jennifer told us not to waste our time.

I have to admit I do

That's really pathetic.

OK, so do I.:rolleyes:

Jenifer sent out 2 emails today informing people about some stuffs... but I guess it all comes down to whether we get the letter ourselves or not huh?
;)

Pharm,

I hope you are holding up okay. Best of luck with SWOSU. Keep us posted on how things turn out.

Thanks, I am trying not to get discouraged, and I hope I have good news to tell with SWOSU:) :luck:

Thanks pharm21. I hope you will reapply next year - you've got great stats and I sincerely believe that they will not overlook you again. Good luck!!!

Thanks, I will reapply next year if I don't get into SWOSU.:) :luck:

Jenifer sent out 2 emails today informing people about some stuffs... but I guess it all comes down to whether we get the letter ourselves or not huh?
;)

Yeah, I would think that any acceptance letters would be mailed out - not communicated via e-mail or phone. I don't remember seeing you in this thread before. Did you apply anywhere else besides OU? What kind of stats did you have and which campus are you applying for?

late night bump