University of Oklahoma Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am not sure if you guys know that there was not an afternoon session on 03/03, only an AM session. I think there were around 60 or so in each session. I was told that 190 interviewed, so with only 3 sessions this seems right.

I am so nervous. I have been told that I have nothing to worry about and that most in-staters that interviewed this year have a excellent chance. I really hope this is so.

By the way, one funny thing (for you girls) I noticed walking into my interview room that my knee highs were rolling down. I was more worried about them noticing this then not knowing the answer to the questions. Thank goodness my pants were just a tad bit long.

Just had to give everyone a laugh.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Were the days and groups for the interviews assigned randomly???? Is it any coincidence that I was the last one of all of the interviewees to be interviewed??? Geez - now I'm really worried.

Members don't see this ad.

Well, hhmmmm. There were 66 people in my session, 60 or so in yours, and 62 in the 3/3 PM session. It sounds to me like they interviewed more than 190 or 200. Anyway, during my interview, I got teary eyed, because we talked about my daughter being my motivation and stuff. My interviewer was really nice about it and said that it shows that I have deep rooted motivations, and I made fun of myself, which made everybody laugh. I also never broke down, just got a little shaky. It just really worries me though!!! The rest of the interview went pretty good, I thought. I asked some questions at the end and got everybody involved, which was hard, cause my student was kinda quiet at first. I though my answers were pretty good. I only would've changed one thing or so. I also cracked, but didn't cry, when my interviewer asked me why my father would be proud of me. I'm usually not that emotional...I guess it was the stress of interviews. And it's not like I bawled, I got teary eyed, and quickly regained composure. But I'm still really worried. EVerybody tells me not too....what do you think?? Anyway, I think I did really well on my essay. I had an opening paragraph, three supporting paragraphs, and a closing paragraph. My interview lasted 25 min, and we were talking as I walked out the door. They cut me off abruptly also, but they said they needed a few minutes to finish the evaluation.

Hey man, don't worry about it if you cried. We had a P1 interning at our pharmacy, and she told me that she cried in her interview, and she's in. So, that's no big deal. Especially in your case. I'd give you a high score if I was interviewing you;)

Members don't see this ad :)
From what I remember, the point system ranges from 1-5 and a 4 or 5 means you pretty have high stats and are pretty much getting in. Three means more than likely. Two is like a maybe. And a one is like a big maybe. If they don't meet their student quota than the 2's and 1's are compared. Someone told me this info this year but I can't quite recall exactly.

A pharmacist I work with was on the admissions committe for four years. If my memory serves me correctly, he said that they give you a 1 - 5 on your pcat, gpa, essay, interview, and experience.

Oh lord yes!!! I hate skirts and pantyhose I just can't deal with. Thought the knee highs were safe. But NO!!!!

I'm sure we're not being over confident, but I know how it feels. You want to be cautious. You don't want to get your hopes up. Hopefully, they'll get those letters out to us soon!! Do you know if they mail or email first???

About the skirt/pantyhose thing, lots of people in my group were wearing dresses/pantyhose. And it was SUPER windy!!! I thought they may be a little crazy. Pant suits all the way baby!!!!!

Were the days and groups for the interviews assigned randomly???? Is it any coincidence that I was the last one of all of the interviewees to be interviewed??? Geez - now I'm really worried.

Anybody have an answer for the above question????

Anybody have an answer for the above question????

I do do think that they were assigned for a reason. The faculty member in my group was a Tulsa professor, the student was from Tulsa, and the adjunct professor was the Director of a Hospital Pharmacy. Being that I am interested in the Tulsa campus and have 10 years of Hospital Administration experience, I really don't think this was coincidence. We had so much to talk about it was awesome.

So just think about it this way, what similarities did you have with your group. I am sure there was a reason you were assigned to them. We all got an interview so we all deserve to get in. Try to relax. I am trying :)

I do do think that they were assigned for a reason. The faculty member in my group was a Tulsa professor, the student was from Tulsa, and the adjunct professor was the Director of a Hospital Pharmacy. Being that I am interested in the Tulsa campus and have 10 years of Hospital Administration experience, I really don't think this was coincidence. We had so much to talk about it was awesome.

So just think about it this way, what similarities did you have with your group. I am sure there was a reason you were assigned to them. We all got an interview so we all deserve to get in. Try to relax. I am trying :)

Point well taken......But I'm not going to be able to relax.....:confused:

I don't know about interview assignments, but I do know that I will not be able to relax till I have a piece of paper in my hands.

Oh, and BTW, a pharmacist I know who knows several ADCOM members told me that interviews were completely random. They can't be assigned by campus preference, cause they didn't know your preference before interview day. (I was wondering the significance too.)

Hey man, don't worry about it if you cried. We had a P1 interning at our pharmacy, and she told me that she cried in her interview, and she's in. So, that's no big deal. Especially in your case. I'd give you a high score if I was interviewing you;)

Thanks!!!! You guys are the BEST!! I feel so much better knowing I'm not the only one about to go crazy over this!!!

I interviewed at OU on 2/24 am session. During my interviewer, the main guy started doodling on his evaluation paper. That made me nervous, but I believe God that all will be well. Also, what did you guys write as the three characteristics, necessary for a health-care practitioner?
Does anyone know if we will be receiving feedbacks before middle aprol?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed at OU on 2/24 am session. During my interviewer, the main guy started doodling on his evaluation paper. That made me nervous, but I believe God that all will be well. Also, what did you guys write as the three characteristics, necessary for a health-care practitioner?

I emailed Jennifer about the decisions, and she hasn't responded. Im sure she's super busy. Anyway, I tried to pick three that I didn't think everyone would pick. I picked honesty, dependability, and professionialism. I thought those were three good ones, and I made good arguments for them. What are your stats?? Are you an in stater??

Our question in the morning session of March 3rd was different. It asked how we defined success and 3 factors of success (or something to that effect). I started my essay on some spiel about how society defines success in terms of money but that I felt that success must be defined on an individual basis. That definition is based on finding a career that you excel in, finding a career than benefits society in some way, and finding a career that makes you truly happy at the end of the day and leaves you wanting more..... Possibly a bit on the sappy side, but I think I got my point across (not that I know what my point was, but I got it across).....

So if decisions are made based on a scoring system (i.e. 1 pt for GPA, 1 pt for PCAT, 1 pt experience, 1 pt for interview and 1 pt for essay), how do you guys think you did on a scale of 0 - 5?

Does anyone know if we will be informed of our status by email or by snail mail?

Does anyone know if we will be informed of our status by email or by snail mail?

Im pretty sure they said they would send a snail mail, followed by email. I may have been hallucinating though.

It came through snail mail last year, i guess they added email this year? Be ready to fork over 500 dollars when you get your acceptance letter though.

Gosh, everyday I'm getting paranoid about the whole process. Does any in the A1 group of 2/24 remember if you placed your finished essay in your table or the table upfront? I'm worried :confused:

I emailed Jennifer about the decisions, and she hasn't responded. Im sure she's super busy. Anyway, I tried to pick three that I didn't think everyone would pick. I picked honesty, dependability, and professionialism. I thought those were three good ones, and I made good arguments for them. What are your stats?? Are you an in stater??

I picked integrity, discipline and caring.
My stats are:
PCAT - 97
GPA -4.0
8 months CPhT experience
Out of stater

Gosh, everyday I'm getting paranoid about the whole process. Does any in the A1 group of 2/24 remember if you placed your finished essay in your table or the table upfront? I'm worried :confused:

I was in that group and I left my essay face-down on my table cause we that is what we were asked to do.

I was a different day but we were asked to leave our essays on our desk(along with our apparently expensive mechanical pencils). I did get to keep my non-functional OU pen, though.....

I believe that Jennifer Richardson told us that everybody would be informed via e-mail.

I picked integrity, discipline and caring.
My stats are:
PCAT - 97
GPA -4.0
8 months CPhT experience
Out of stater

Only a 97 on the PCAT??? Did you forget to do a section or something? :D

Only a 97 on the PCAT??? Did you forget to do a section or something? :D

You guys make me feel like such a loser with my 86 PCAT. Geez. I left my essay on the table too. I'm so excited to find anything out. I think about it all the time. Anyone else?

You guys make me feel like such a loser with my 86 PCAT. Geez. I left my essay on the table too. I'm so excited to find anything out. I think about it all the time. Anyone else?

Pleez:rolleyes: I would kill for an 86. Seriously, I would. I may just squash an ant or something, but I would kill for an 86.

If you want to feel better about your score, you need to stop looking at mine44u's score, and start looking at mine.

I can not handle waiting for another month! How is everyone else handling the wait?:scared:

I can not handle waiting for another month! How is everyone else handling the wait?:scared:

Everyone I know is about to kill me, because I won't shut up about it. I try to keep myself busy (I'm getting ready for a garage sale) but it still pops up in my head 1,553,896 times a day. Oh well. It'll all be over soon. :eek:

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but it'll give us something else to talk about. How are you guys going about financial aid? I turned my FAFSA in to OUHSC in Feb. I think it says that they won't award till May 1. I'm going to have to take out tons of loans, cause I have a family to contribute to. Oh well, it'll pay off in the end. Does anyone know where I can find info on maxing out my loans and stuff like that? I guess I'll just call financial aid. But, I'm going to wait till I have that piece of paper in my hands. :rolleyes:

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but it'll give us something else to talk about. How are you guys going about financial aid? I turned my FAFSA in to OUHSC in Feb. I think it says that they won't award till May 1. I'm going to have to take out tons of loans, cause I have a family to contribute to. Oh well, it'll pay off in the end. Does anyone know where I can find info on maxing out my loans and stuff like that? I guess I'll just call financial aid. But, I'm going to wait till I have that piece of paper in my hands. :rolleyes:

One of our p1 tour guides was saying that fafsa would offer up to $45,000 :eek:

One of our p1 tour guides was saying that fafsa would offer up to $45,000 :eek:

A year?!?!?!? Wow, that would be more than I make now!! Have you heard anything about P1 scholarships?

Yep. He was saying there were some goofballs who went out and bought new cars. I'd understand borrowing money to buy something to get you from A to B, but buying a new car is silly imo.
Anyways, as far as scholly's, I only know of what's listed on the website: http://pharmacy.ouhsc.edu/prospective/pharmd/financialaid.asp

I agree. I plan on borrowing just enough to pay my bills, and put my kid in day care. Other than that, I'm going to drive my car till the wheels fall off. (It's paid for)

Anyone here planning to work some hours if accepted to pharmacy school? And does anyone know as well what's a typical school day at OU? Any replies will be appreciated. ;)

Anyone here planning to work some hours if accepted to pharmacy school? And does anyone know as well what's a typical school day at OU? Any replies will be appreciated. ;)

I plan on working as much as possible (I like to spend money). As far as a typical day, go to the pharmacy forum and do an OU search. I asked DownonthePharm that question not too long ago, and it's still there.

A typical day at OU for me is sleeping in class, that pretty much sums up how "fun" class is, so I rarely go. The first semester's videos are all online too so you never actually have to go. One class is mandatory the P-1 year and one takes attendance for a grade. I go to the Tulsa campus so all but like 3 teachers in the P-1 class is in OKC. But all and all the students are great to hang out with! Everyone is awesome except a few that are well, bitches. Like this one person who told on everyone cause they were coming into class late or leaving class early. biiiotch

Thanks for the replies! Has anyone by chance contacted Jennifer R. or any person when the earliest acceptance letters will be mailed out? :) Should we begin stalking our mailboxes starting April 1? :D

I tried to email her and ask that last week, but she hasn't responded. Maybe that means that they are busy trying to get us all admitted. :D

Hello all, how is everyone holding up???? Not nervous are we? I ran out of fingernails to chew on this weekend, so I tried my wife's. When that didn't work, I pulled the ceiling fan down in our living room, took off the blades and scrubbed them off in the sink. Then I rode a stationary bike 26 miles. Then I vacuumed the living room about 47 times. This waiting thing sucks!!!!! And we still have a month. Oh well, at least my house will be immaculate by the time this whole thing is over.

In regards to the person who took their loan money and bought a new car, I've heard of quite a few people doing that too. These are usually the people who've been dependent on their parents throughout the college process and don't realize what a pain in the a$$ loans are when you have to pay them back. What they don't realize is that they are going to be paying for that car for the next 25 years or so.....

I plan on working as much as possible too. My wife and I are expecting our first kid next month so we're going to have some major expenses. I won't be able to work 40 hours per week but I'm going to work as much as I can without affecting my grades. My goal is to finish up with a minimum 3.75 GPA - hopefully higher. We'll see how that works out with a newborn in the house....

Hello all, how is everyone holding up???? Not nervous are we? I ran out of fingernails to chew on this weekend, so I tried my wife's. When that didn't work, I pulled the ceiling fan down in our living room, took off the blades and scrubbed them off in the sink. Then I rode a stationary bike 26 miles. Then I vacuumed the living room about 47 times. This waiting thing sucks!!!!! And we still have a month. Oh well, at least my house will be immaculate by the time this whole thing is over.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I am glad I am not the only one going CRAZY!!!!!

Since we're not sure about when we're going to here the news, does anybody know for sure how we'll be contacted - whether via snail mail or e-mail or both???

Since we're not sure about when we're going to here the news, does anybody know for sure how we'll be contacted - whether via snail mail or e-mail or both???

Dr. Jane Wilson said in my session's orientation that it would be email.

Dr. Jane Wilson said in my session's orientation that it would be email.

Okay, so is anyone else checking their email 1,648,347 times a day like me??? This is killing me!!!!

In regards to the person who took their loan money and bought a new car, I've heard of quite a few people doing that too. These are usually the people who've been dependent on their parents throughout the college process and don't realize what a pain in the a$$ loans are when you have to pay them back. What they don't realize is that they are going to be paying for that car for the next 25 years or so.....

About the car thing, I might end up having to take out some extra to buy a new car. I live about 45 minutes away, and I don't know if my current car can handle that commute for four years. Also, it dosen't get very good gas mileage. :( But, before I do take that out, I better have some serious tuition assistance.

About the car thing, I might end up having to take out some extra to buy a new car. I live about 45 minutes away, and I don't know if my current car can handle that commute for four years. Also, it dosen't get very good gas mileage. :( But, before I do take that out, I better have some serious tuition assistance.

Sorry, I should have been a little clearer about that - I was talking about people who go out and buy a car just for the sake of having a brand new car - not those who actually do need one... Sorry!!!

Sorry, I should have been a little clearer about that - I was talking about people who go out and buy a car just for the sake of having a brand new car - not those who actually do need one... Sorry!!!

Oh, I really didn't take it the wrong way, I was just kind of thinking out loud. I know what you meant. How's the waiting? I have a bug, so I'm at home, which is BAD, cause I can check my email every 5 seconds.

Oh, I really didn't take it the wrong way, I was just kind of thinking out loud. I know what you meant. How's the waiting? I have a bug, so I'm at home, which is BAD, cause I can check my email every 5 seconds.

I'm at work, which is worse - because I still check my e-mail every 5 seconds. Let's see, my interview was 10 days ago. I likely have at least 20 days to go before I know anything. Not good....The background from my gmail account is going to burn itself into my computer screen at work if this keeps up....Man, I'm impatient.