University of Oklahoma Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm at work, which is worse - because I still check my e-mail every 5 seconds. Let's see, my interview was 10 days ago. I likely have at least 20 days to go before I know anything. Not good....The background from my gmail account is going to burn itself into my computer screen at work if this keeps up....Man, I'm impatient.

I am SO glad I am not the only one. This is killing me!!!

Members don't see this ad.

How are all of the OU people holding up this morning????

How are all of the OU people holding up this morning????

Not good. My little girl brought home some virus thing, so me and my husband were up all night puking. They think it may be chickenpox, which would be really bad for me, since I'm seriously immunocompromised. Oh well. Maybe they'll send me an acceptance. That would make me feel better.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not good. My little girl brought home some virus thing, so me and my husband were up all night puking. They think it may be chickenpox, which would be really bad for me, since I'm seriously immunocompromised. Oh well. Maybe they'll send me an acceptance. That would make me feel better.

Ooh, that's not fun...Hope you get some good news to make you feel better.

Not yet...still waiting...sigh!

Cycloketocaine, How are you feeling? I am sorry to hear about your illness

Cycloketocaine, How are you feeling? I am sorry to hear about your illness

I've been better. I found out on Wed night that I have an abcess in my intestine which must be taken out, and while they have me open, they are going to take out the part of my intestine that is diseased. The good news though, is that it'll probably get rid of my disease. :thumbup:

I've been better. I found out on Wed night that I have an abcess in my intestine which must be taken out, and while they have me open, they are going to take out the part of my intestine that is diseased. The good news though, is that it'll probably get rid of my disease. :thumbup:

That is great!! How long will it take to recover?

I am literally freaking out here.:eek: Does anyone know when or if the committee has met. I know that they said that everyone will know by mid April but does anyone know when the invitations will be first sent out?

I am literally freaking out here.:eek: Does anyone know when or if the committee has met. I know that they said that everyone will know by mid April but does anyone know when the invitations will be first sent out?

I don't know when they are going to start sending out acceptance letters but I did find out something interesting. I talked to Jennifer R. at the pharmacy school because I wanted to know how the "scoring system" for admissions works. She told me that there is absolutely NO TRUTH to the statement that applicants are given a score based on GPA, PCAT, etc. She said everything is taken into consideration, but no actual score is given to determine acceptance. I don't know if this helps or hurts but I definitely thought that it was information worth passing along.

On another note, this is the first day that I've been able to check my e-mail since last Wednesday. My wife had some pregnancy complications last weekend and has been hospitalized ever since. Everything is OK now but she's a semi-permanent resident of the hospital. She's not coming home until she gives birth in April - which means that I'm not coming home until she gives birth in April. Anyway, I'm back at work today and the very first thing that I did was check my e-mail to see if I had anything from OU. Nothing..... This sucks....:scared:

How is everybody else doing? Cycloketocaine, I hope all is well with you...

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I have been so proud of myself. Haven't checked my email in two days. Then I sign on today to find an email from Jennifer Richardson :wow: and I about fell out of my chair.

I opened the email and found that it was only an email begging people to quit emailing her and asking the progress. +pissed+

I opened the email and found that it was only an email begging people to quit emailing her and asking the progress.

OMG- please forgive me for laughing, but that was really funny. I'm sorry you haven't heard anything yet- we're in a similar position with another school, just waiting for get an interview invite. I wish you the best of luck.... and all the patience you can muster.

BoomerSooner!

I opened the email and found that it was only an email begging people to quit emailing her and asking the progress.

OMG- please forgive me for laughing, but that was really funny. I'm sorry you haven't heard anything yet- we're in a similar position with another school, just waiting for get an interview invite. I wish you the best of luck.... and all the patience you can muster.

BoomerSooner!

Thanks!!

So has your daughter heard anything yet? Where all did she apply to?

Well I have been so proud of myself. Haven't checked my email in two days. Then I sign on today to find an email from Jennifer Richardson :wow: and I about fell out of my chair.

I opened the email and found that it was only an email begging people to quit emailing her and asking the progress. +pissed+

I felt the same way!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks!!

So has your daughter heard anything yet? Where all did she apply to?

She applied to Auburn, Hampton, and Shenandoah, but Shenandoah's cutoff date was before her PCAT scores came back, so we know that one's definitely out. Apparently Hampton doesn't respond very quickly, but she has discovered she's not as interested in going there as she thought she was (bummer- it's just a few miles up the road). Her #1 choice is Auburn, so we're waiting (note that I did not say 'patiently') to hear if they want to interview her. Sure, I'm biased, but I really believe that if they would just interview her, she could get in; they'd see how great a candidate she is.

I'll take all the prayers and well-wishes that anyone wants to send our way.....

She applied to Auburn, Hampton, and Shenandoah, but Shenandoah's cutoff date was before her PCAT scores came back, so we know that one's definitely out. Apparently Hampton doesn't respond very quickly, but she has discovered she's not as interested in going there as she thought she was (bummer- it's just a few miles up the road). Her #1 choice is Auburn, so we're waiting (note that I did not say 'patiently') to hear if they want to interview her. Sure, I'm biased, but I really believe that if they would just interview her, she could get in; they'd see how great a candidate she is.

I'll take all the prayers and well-wishes that anyone wants to send our way.....

Best of luck. It is great to have parental support. I couldn't get through this without my family. I think my 9 year old daughter is more excited than I am. My hat is off to you. Best of luck. Keep us posted.

Best of luck. It is great to have parental support. I couldn't get through this without my family. I think my 9 year old daughter is more excited than I am. My hat is off to you. Best of luck. Keep us posted.

I think it's so cool for adults/parents to be in school. It makes such a great impression on the kids. My husband and I went to grad school together- it was almost our sneaky-parent social outlet. ;-) Our four girls ranged in age from 12 down to 2, and even the littlest one still remembers when Mom and Dad were taking classes (good gawd, she's 12 now!). They really learn a lot by seeing that Mom and Dad aren't quite done with school, and they get a first-hand view of the sacrifices you make for your family to have a better life.

I have to tell you though- shopping for "school supplies" with the kids is a trip!!!! Let her choose your school backpack, and wait 'til you see the pens and pencils she picks for you. You'll be the only one in pharm school with a Kim Possible pencil case. ;-)

Yes, so I come home from being confined to the hospital bed for 4 days, to see that e-mail!!!! It made me want to scream. :eek: :eek: I have a question....did anyone apply to SWOSU??? I received an interview, but in my shuffle of being in the hospital, I lost the number to call. Does anyone have it?

cyclo... you is a mess.

Yes, so I come home from being confined to the hospital bed for 4 days, to see that e-mail!!!! It made me want to scream. :eek: :eek: I have a question....did anyone apply to SWOSU??? I received an interview, but in my shuffle of being in the hospital, I lost the number to call. Does anyone have it?

Sure thang cyclo: (580) 774-3127

So how are you feeling? Did they do the surgery?

So how are you feeling? Did they do the surgery?

No, they decided that it wasn't an abscess in my intestine, just some weird abnormality. I have an appointment with a surgeon to decide on an "outpatient basis" if I need a bowel resection.

I applied to SWOSU but got a letter this week saying they needed my transcript from a school I didn't attend! :rolleyes: I called the woman back and left a message on Monday, but so far, no response. When did you get your interview request?

I am also very impatiently waiting for news from OU.

Good Luck with your SWOSU interview!

I applied to SWOSU but got a letter this week saying they needed my transcript from a school I didn't attend! :rolleyes: I called the woman back and left a message on Monday, but so far, no response. When did you get your interview request?

I am also very impatiently waiting for news from OU.

Good Luck with your SWOSU interview!

I got my letter last week, and my interview is April 17. Hopefully I will know from OU by then. SWOSU frustrated me. I sent in an autobiographical sketch that was apparently not up to standards, so they had me send them another. I found the whole ordeal kind of ridiculous.

Here's my response from Jennifer, it looks as if they are going to send decisions via regular mail first.

Hi Megan,

I'm so sorry for the delay in a response. We've been very busy working
on evaluating materials after interviews and I'm just trying to get
caught up on my e-mails. We are not yet releasing any statistics
regarding admissions for this year until we complete our process. In
general, I can tell you that so far the number interviewed has been
consistent with years past, around 200 or so. I know that you are all
anxious about decisions and I can empathize when waiting to hear about
something important but I do not know at this time if we will have
decisions before April 15. As of now, I feel confident that our time
frame is fairly accurate, but I will certainly let you all know if that
changes. Decisions will be mailed via regular mail but I will update
you all with an e-mail as to when those go out. I know this is not
quite what you were hoping to hear but I hope it might at least help
answer some of your questions. Trust me, I'm almost as anxious as you
for the committee to make their decisions as well! It just takes time to
evaluate all of the materials to ensure a fair process. Please feel free
to contact me anytime with questions you may have and I promise to have
a speedier response next time! : )

Best wishes,
Jennifer

Here's my response from Jennifer, it looks as if they are going to send decisions via regular mail first.

Hi Megan,

I'm so sorry for the delay in a response. We've been very busy working
on evaluating materials after interviews and I'm just trying to get
caught up on my e-mails. We are not yet releasing any statistics
regarding admissions for this year until we complete our process. In
general, I can tell you that so far the number interviewed has been
consistent with years past, around 200 or so. I know that you are all
anxious about decisions and I can empathize when waiting to hear about
something important but I do not know at this time if we will have
decisions before April 15. As of now, I feel confident that our time
frame is fairly accurate, but I will certainly let you all know if that
changes. Decisions will be mailed via regular mail but I will update
you all with an e-mail as to when those go out. I know this is not
quite what you were hoping to hear but I hope it might at least help
answer some of your questions. Trust me, I'm almost as anxious as you
for the committee to make their decisions as well! It just takes time to
evaluate all of the materials to ensure a fair process. Please feel free
to contact me anytime with questions you may have and I promise to have
a speedier response next time! : )

Best wishes,
Jennifer

Thanks for sharing. I guess I can call you Megan now :)

I'm going to bump our thread. How's every one doing? LowGPA, how's the wife?? Only two more weeks before the big decision comes down!!!!

The decisions will be made in two weeks:eek: A part of me can not wait to get the letter but another part of me is scared:scared:

I hope that everybody is doing great!:thumbup:

The decisions will be made in two weeks:eek: A part of me can not wait to get the letter but another part of me is scared:scared:

I hope that everybody is doing great!:thumbup:

Here come the 'naders!!!!!!!

I'm going to bump our thread. How's every one doing? LowGPA, how's the wife?? Only two more weeks before the big decision comes down!!!!

I am well. How about you cyclo? How are you feeling?

LowGPA, baby yet?

I am well. How about you cyclo? How are you feeling?

LowGPA, baby yet?

I'm doing a little better. I am trying to stick to a diet of Jello, crackers, soups and rice. It's really hard, cause all of my life I have eaten junk. I love Jello though!! As long as I stick to my diet, I feel okay. Anyway, anyone hear anything else?? I think I might go crazy this next week. I was doing okay, but it keeps creeping up in my mind and making me nuts!!!! :scared: :scared:

BTW, thanks for asking!!!!!

I'm doing a little better. I am trying to stick to a diet of Jello, crackers, soups and rice. It's really hard, cause all of my life I have eaten junk. I love Jello though!! As long as I stick to my diet, I feel okay. Anyway, anyone hear anything else?? I think I might go crazy this next week. I was doing okay, but it keeps creeping up in my mind and making me nuts!!!! :scared: :scared:

BTW, thanks for asking!!!!!

Of course. Have you tried the game of seeing how many crackers you can stuff in your mouth without it spewing everywhere. My daughter LOVES to play it. May give you a little something do to this weekend if you get bored.:D :D

Did you say that you live in Muskogee? I grew up there.

Of course. Have you tried the game of seeing how many crackers you can stuff in your mouth without it spewing everywhere. My daughter LOVES to play it. May give you a little something do to this weekend if you get bored.:D :D

Did you say that you live in Muskogee? I grew up there.

Yeah, born and raised. I really would like to get outta this town someday though. Not much to do.

My family and friends are tired of hearing me whine about the lack of news from OU. :( I wish they would hurry up already! Does anyone have any inside information they are willing to share?

My family and friends are tired of hearing me whine about the lack of news from OU. :( I wish they would hurry up already! Does anyone have any inside information they are willing to share?

The only good thing that comes out of informing us late is that I am sure some have withdrew their application because of other offers. At least I hope that they have :D

The only good thing that comes out of informing us late is that I am sure some have withdrew their application because of other offers. At least I hope that they have :D

True. I am becoming a basket case. I check my email all the time. I am so scared to go to the mail box. I don't really know what I'm gonna do when I see that letter in my mail box. I might be to afraid to open it. I'll probably start crying. This sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh well, I guess in retrospect, the wait has gone by relatively fast, we are, after all in the final home stretch . Only ~2 weeks!!!!

Hello everyone....I found a way to pass the time waiting to hear back from OU - have a child!!!!!

My wife and I had a 6lb 7oz baby boy on March 28th. His name is Cooper and he may well be the cutest baby I've ever seen. Not that I'm biased or anything like that....Anyway mom and baby are both home and doing well. I do have to admit, it's pretty freaky being responsible for a whole person other than myself. Every time he makes a sound, I rush over and make sure he's ok.

Anyway, how's everyone holding up??? We've only got about 10 days or so (hopefully).:D

Hello everyone....I found a way to pass the time waiting to hear back from OU - have a child!!!!!

My wife and I had a 6lb 7oz baby boy on March 28th. His name is Cooper and he may well be the cutest baby I've ever seen. Not that I'm biased or anything like that....Anyway mom and baby are both home and doing well. I do have to admit, it's pretty freaky being responsible for a whole person other than myself. Every time he makes a sound, I rush over and make sure he's ok.

Anyway, how's everyone holding up??? We've only got about 10 days or so (hopefully).:D

CONGRATS!!!!! Kids are wonderful!!!

I found out today that I am having surgery on April 19. They are officially going to take out part of my small intestine!! I am so excited!! (You would be too, after having been sick almost every day since 05.)

Anyway, I am getting more and more anxious with every day that passes. I check my email about eleventy bajillion times a day.

DID EVERYONE GET THE EMAIL?!?!?!?!?!?!

Looks like some decisions are coming this week!!! :scared: :scared: :eek: :eek:

I am freaking out!!!!!

DID EVERYONE GET THE EMAIL?!?!?!?!?!?!

Looks like some decisions are coming this week!!! :scared: :scared: :eek: :eek:

I am freaking out!!!!!

I just got the e-mail too! Now I'll be checking my mail box! Man, I hope I get a letter this week!:scared: :eek: !!!

I just got the e-mail too! Now I'll be checking my mail box! Man, I hope I get a letter this week!:scared: :eek: !!!

I hope you ALL get letters this week..... nice, fat, juicy letters welcoming you to OU! Crossing my fingers for everyone...... ;-)

Thanks eelo. Right back at ya.

I sure wish I would've eaten my whole sandwich before I read that e-mail. Now my stomach is too full of butterflies to eat anymore

I've heard some people already have gotten letters or e-mails stating if they were wait listed from OU...anybody else hear about this?

I hate having a job. I am seriously wanting to call in sick for the rest of the week to sit by the mailbox and WAIT!!!

I hope we all get good news.

Best of luck everyone.

I've heard some people already have gotten letters or e-mails stating if they were wait listed from OU...anybody else hear about this?

I have not heard of anyone being waitlisted? Were did you get that information from?:)

I have not heard of anyone being waitlisted? Were did you get that information from?:)

I have not heard that either. I have heard that some got their rejection letters. However these were ones that we not invited to an interview.

DrStevo: where did you hear this?