~~University of Pennsylvania c/o 2010~~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do we have to have our Penn email in order to switch our facebook over to Penn?

Members don't see this ad.

BigRedDentist said:
Do we have to have our Penn email in order to switch our facebook over to Penn?

yeah i think so

PickMe said:
i dont think we can make a facebook group, but if you have facebook, pm me your name and school and ill add you. ill compile a lil list and send it to you guys so then at least we're facebook friends?
Aaww, you guys are so cute. All this friendship talk is getting me all mushy and smiley. GROUP HUG! I love you guys already. :p :love: We're reaching out across the barriers of technology that threaten to keep us apart...doing all we can to...stay...together...must...reach out... to classmates...I think i'm going to cry. Y'all are so sweet. I better log off now, there's just too much love up in here. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
PickMe said:
i dont think we can make a facebook group, but if you have facebook, pm me your name and school and ill add you. ill compile a lil list and send it to you guys so then at least we're facebook friends?

A couple of guys set up an account on Xanga for our class this last summer. It pretty cool and a lot of people posted to it. The other day at the orientation crew-heads meeting a classmate of mine volunteered to set up a similar site and email the details to everyone in your class (including those not on SDN). Basically it lists everyone's profiles and your can scroll through the pages and read what everyone has posted. :thumbup:

Hey everyone, I paid the deposits for UPENN and probably will be there in the fall unless I hear back from UCSF anytime soon. Looking forward to meeting all of you.

Also, I paid the first deposit but did not receive any information on how to pay the second deposit (due May 1st right?), anyone know how to go about doing so or if UPENN will send me some forms?

Thanks so much.

duh? said:
Aaww, you guys are so cute. All this friendship talk is getting me all mushy and smiley. GROUP HUG! I love you guys already. :p :love: We're reaching out across the barriers of technology that threaten to keep us apart...doing all we can to...stay...together...must...reach out... to classmates...I think i'm going to cry. Y'all are so sweet. I better log off now, there's just too much love up in here. :laugh:

Awww, it sucks that we'll all be friends cuz it'll make it so much harder when i get better grades than you guys and ruin your dreams of specializing. Oh well, you'll get over it :p

We're going to be the coolest class Penn ever had..because we're all OGs :smuggrin:

Cal Bears said:
Also, I paid the first deposit but did not receive any information on how to pay the second deposit (due May 1st right?), anyone know how to go about doing so or if UPENN will send me some forms?

Thanks so much.

Penn should be sending out a packet of information on the dates for the coming academic school year, along with a form for your second deposit.

Audio said:
Awww, it sucks that we'll all be friends cuz it'll make it so much harder when i get better grades than you guys and ruin your dreams of specializing. Oh well, you'll get over it :p

We're going to be the coolest class Penn ever had..because we're all OGs :smuggrin:

OGs ???? Does not knowing that make me not cool? :scared: :scared:

r0entgen said:
Penn should be sending out a packet of information on the dates for the coming academic school year, along with a form for your second deposit.

Thanks!

cowsgomoo said:
OGs ???? Does not knowing that make me not cool? :scared: :scared:

I don't know what OGs is either...but then again with Audio I might not want to know :D

BigRedDentist said:
I don't know what OGs is either...but then again with Audio I might not want to know :D

OG usually means old guys or something like that.. but in this case i dont think so. :confused: thats okie either way yes we shall be the coolest classs :laugh:

OG does not mean old guys lol. it means original gangstas. haha. and yes all our penn ppl will be OG.

Members don't see this ad :)
BigRedDentist said:
OMG! LMAO!!!!!! Man, now THAT was a good one. :thumbup:

urrr..so I guess most of you are into golf then :laugh: Dammit, let me play...is it coz i is black?

starbright said:
OG does not mean old guys lol. it means original gangstas. haha. and yes all our penn ppl will be OG.

opppps. tehehe :laugh: thanks for the correction :thumbup:

Audio said:
urrr..so I guess most of you are into golf then :laugh: Dammit, let me play...is it coz i is black?

I guess I need to be schooled in your gangsta talk!

cowsgomoo said:
I guess I need to be schooled in your gangsta talk!

< I want to be just like the dentist version of Kumar from Harold and Kumar> best about me on facebook i have seen.

also, audio, i didn't realize there were so many gangstas in canada. just wait til you get to west philly.

is anyone else getting excited?

UPJRM said:
< I want to be just like the dentist version of Kumar from Harold and Kumar> best about me on facebook i have seen.

also, audio, i didn't realize there were so many gangstas in canada. just wait til you get to west philly.
is anyone else getting excited?
He'd probably get his butt whopped every ded gum day! :laugh:

Audio said:
Keep that up and I can assure you you'd be black AND blue.

im goin to penn today! im hoping to sign a lease-wish me luck!!

PickMe said:
im goin to penn today! im hoping to sign a lease-wish me luck!!
Man I need to get cracking on that or all the good apartments are going to be taken.

cowsgomoo said:
Man I need to get cracking on that or all the good apartments are going to be taken.

yeah...have you guys read those apt evaluations on the penn site? there's this one particular category i'm interested in...the "free of roaches, rodents, and insects" one....and the majority of the apts received a C or a C- in that category! :eek:

i think the highest grade i saw for that was a B+...so that's why i hurried and had a friend look at the apt for me and sign the lease...so hopefully, i won't see any of that stuff in mine =p

r0entgen said:
yeah...have you guys read those apt evaluations on the penn site? there's this one particular category i'm interested in...the "free of roaches, rodents, and insects" one....and the majority of the apts received a C or a C- in that category! :eek:

i think the highest grade i saw for that was a B+...so that's why i hurried and had a friend look at the apt for me and sign the lease...so hopefully, i won't see any of that stuff in mine =p
Yeah i saw those grades and thats why i am having a friend check out some apartments for me this weekend too. hopefully the good ones arent already taken. :( :(

cowsgomoo said:
Yeah i saw those grades and thats why i am having a friend check out some apartments for me this weekend too. hopefully the good ones arent already taken. :( :(

yeah...i think as long as you have someone trustworthy...someone who knows what you want, it should be okay...i signed my lease without even seeing the apt myself...

where did u guys end up signing? looking? university city? center city?

any recommendations for bug-free places shall be appreciated :laugh:

i signed a lease in univ. city-about 2 1/2 blocks from the dental school at a complex called the fairfax. www.penngradapts.com if you need any info on that.

PickMe said:
i signed a lease in univ. city-about 2 1/2 blocks from the dental school at a complex called the fairfax. www.penngradapts.com if you need any info on that.
How are the apartments I was interested in those. They seem to be affordable and from the outside the building looks nice.

cowsgomoo said:
How are the apartments I was interested in those. They seem to be affordable and from the outside the building looks nice.

they are pretty nice. i liked how they allow dogs and have a dog area. the one bedrooms are from 930-980 but there are efficiencies and studios that are cheaper. all utilities are paid except phone and electric. there is always someone at the front desk too. i think my parents feel safer because you need a key to get into the building and then a code to get to the elevators so its pretty safe. if you email me your email addresss i can send you pics of the 2 apts i looked at when i get back to school.

PickMe said:
they are pretty nice. i liked how they allow dogs and have a dog area. the one bedrooms are from 930-980 but there are efficiencies and studios that are cheaper. all utilities are paid except phone and electric. there is always someone at the front desk too. i think my parents feel safer because you need a key to get into the building and then a code to get to the elevators so its pretty safe. if you email me your email addresss i can send you pics of the 2 apts i looked at when i get back to school.

renting my apt with this guy: http://dolphin.upenn.edu/~consumer/guide/vuongleprofile.htm

seems pretty decent...although i have not seen it myself, my family friend said that it is newly renovated...so things look pretty new...

got my studio for $700/month and all utilities are paid for except for electricity...

Wooohooo!! Found an apartment this weekend and will be soon signing a lease. Thats one monkey off my back and another million to go.

cowsgomoo said:
Wooohooo!! Found an apartment this weekend and will be soon signing a lease. Thats one monkey off my back and another million to go.

which apartment did u get?
I seriously need to go look at apartments soon :scared:

is everyone just going to live by themselves?? or are you guys going to have roomates--if so..how are ug oing about finding one??

everyone make a myspaceee and join our group! haha its' funn

starbright said:
everyone make a myspaceee and join our group! haha its' funn

yeah, and if you don't, avni will bust a cap! (serious, check out her myspace, she's mad ghetto!)

honeywell said:
which apartment did u get?
I seriously need to go look at apartments soon :scared:
I got an apartment at 4216 Spruce from Mike Levin.

I'm afraid by the time I get everything together, it'll be way too late. Can I actually find a place in like July cuz that's when I'll know if I'm coming to Penn or not for certain. Also, what happens if I sign a lease now and then decide to back out. What kind of penalty is there for something like that?

Audio said:
I'm afraid by the time I get everything together, it'll be way too late. Can I actually find a place in like July cuz that's when I'll know if I'm coming to Penn or not for certain. Also, what happens if I sign a lease now and then decide to back out. What kind of penalty is there for something like that?

I think that most of the places around here will re-list the apartment for you, but you are responsible for any rent between then and when the place is re-leased. You might have to forfeit some of your security deposit - in short, it all depends on the landlord.

Audio said:

im guessing you lose your first months rent and security deposit but i agree that it probably depends on the landlord.

are there any places RIGHT ON campus..where there isnt a long walk and it's veeery close. in other words, what's the closest place i can get to campus..

whats an effeciency room?

starbright said:
whats an effeciency room?

It is a little bigger than a studio

starbright said:
are there any places RIGHT ON campus..where there isnt a long walk and it's veeery close. in other words, what's the closest place i can get to campus..

My apartment is literally half a block from school on the corner of 41st and Spruce. I could throw a paper airplane from my window and hit Corky's office. There are lots of apartments very close to school.

What kind of computer (mac or pc) is best for penn? Does it matter?

Has anyone recieved any financial aid info as of late? one more thing i have to get done!!! :oops: :oops:

cowsgomoo said:
Has anyone recieved any financial aid info as of late? one more thing i have to get done!!! :oops: :oops:

I'm still waiting ... :(

i called yesterday, they said maybe sometime next week we should get our fin aid stuff.. but who knows?

has anyone done anything for financial aid besides submitting fafsa? is there anything we can do right now?

BigRedDentist said:
It is a little bigger than a studio

My apartment is literally half a block from school on the corner of 41st and Spruce. I could throw a paper airplane from my window and hit Corky's office. There are lots of apartments very close to school.

how much did you get it for?