University of Saint Augustine SUMMER 2016

Started by Ab44
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Be my guest... I might not be able to reply right a was because it is finals right now but Ill get to it as soon as I can.
I know this is an odd question but do you know what anatomy book USA uses for the first trimester? and another other books that you feel would be beneficial for us to start reviewing. I am very excited and nervous to start and want to start reading what i can to help me be better prepared 😀 thanks
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just a heads up, they're going to be notifying you via email and not the portal. On another note, looks like next week is the week!

Most of us starting Monday waiting impatiently ---> +pissed+


USA did say they would notify us through email but I also saw on another thread where the portal sometimes changes as well...its just one more way to drive myself crazy checking haha gives me something else to do.
 
I know this is an odd question but do you know what anatomy book USA uses for the first trimester? and another other books that you feel would be beneficial for us to start reviewing. I am very excited and nervous to start and want to start reading what i can to help me be better prepared 😀 thanks

I uploaded the the book list from the USA website (hopefully it shows up, if not PM me). I don't know if it is 100% correct, I am guessing it is but I'm not sure. I have the Grays Anatomy book and the Thieme Atlas; I did not get the Netter (its super in depth). I would start reviewing muscles and the nerves that innervate them. That should give you a bit of a head start.
 

Attachments

Still shows up as accepted for me.... lol jk, its blank for me as well. Its just a technical issue. Jimmy said the wrinkles should be out soon and they'll follow up with an email of your acceptance. My 2 cents is that those who got the accepted page are really accepted to the program. Everyone just take a deep breath and relax, their email should be coming soon 🙂
 
Last edited:
Still shows up as accepted for me.... lol jk, its blank for me as well. Its just a technical issue. Jimmy said the wrinkles should be out soon and they'll follow up with an email of your acceptance. My 2 cents is that those who got the accepted page are really accepted to the program. Everyone just take a deep breath and relax, their email should be coming soon 🙂
Whew... Thanks for shooting the email. I feel like I spam them too much. Lol Congrats to everyone so far though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those of you who interviewed for the summer cohort, if I'm not mistaken, the application deadline was 10/15. How long did it take for USA to notify you on an interview? I applied to the fall cohort and trying to see the general timelines. So far it seems like the interview was maybe a month after the deadline and candidates were notified of admissions close to two months after the deadline but that's all the information i have based on this thread.
 
For those of you who interviewed for the summer cohort, if I'm not mistaken, the application deadline was 10/15. How long did it take for USA to notify you on an interview? I applied to the fall cohort and trying to see the general timelines. So far it seems like the interview was maybe a month after the deadline and candidates were notified of admissions close to two months after the deadline but that's all the information i have based on this thread.

For me, after I the 10/15 deadline I was contacted on 11/3 (email for the interview), so 2-3ish weeks. But its most likely going to be a longer wait for you since you applied for the Fall deadline. Keep in mind that there are more applicants and factor in the Christmas + New Year breaks and youre looking at around a late January/February time.

After the interview, it took about a solid 4 weeks for us to hear back. For you and the fall cohort it might take 6-8 weeks.
 
For me, after I the 10/15 deadline I was contacted on 11/3 (email for the interview), so 2-3ish weeks. But its most likely going to be a longer wait for you since you applied for the Fall deadline. Keep in mind that there are more applicants and factor in the Christmas + New Year breaks and youre looking at around a late January/February time.

After the interview, it took about a solid 4 weeks for us to hear back. For you and the fall cohort it might take 6-8 weeks.
you're probably right. it's going to be a longgg wait for us fall applicants. thanks.
 
Just confirming...no one has heard from the Florida campus right?? Someone told me decisions usually go out right before admissions closes for the day so between 4-5pm...any one know if there is any truth to that? I really want to email asking for a updated timeline on when decisions will be out...but I don't want to annoy them either :/
 
Just confirming...no one has heard from the Florida campus right?? Someone told me decisions usually go out right before admissions closes for the day so between 4-5pm...any one know if there is any truth to that? I really want to email asking for a updated timeline on when decisions will be out...but I don't want to annoy them either :/
I haven't heard anything from the Florida campus. Today marks the 4 week deadline we were supposed to hear by. I have lost hope we will hear before the Christmas holiday. I hope I'm wrong!
 
I haven't heard anything from the Florida campus. Today marks the 4 week deadline we were supposed to hear by. I have lost hope we will hear before the Christmas holiday. I hope I'm wrong!


Ok thanks!! Just wanted to reassure myself that no one else had heard anything either...at this point I just want to know! 🙁 I'm with you on hoping we hear before Christmas!
 
Ok thanks!! Just wanted to reassure myself that no one else had heard anything either...at this point I just want to know! 🙁 I'm with you on hoping we hear before Christmas!

Right they said 4 weeks which is today and were wrong so I will be calling on Monday and/or emailing them
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just emailed Emily at the Florida campus, asking for an update. I did notice my portal is blank though?? no longer says invited for interview...it's just blank. anyone else have this?
 
Just spoke to Dianna Holle, we will hear back definitely by Wednesday. She told me the admissions office is open and working until Wednesday and that they will send out emails at the latest Wednesday afternoon.
 
Just spoke to Dianna Holle, we will hear back definitely by Wednesday. She told me the admissions office is open and working until Wednesday and that they will send out emails at the latest Wednesday afternoon.
Which campus is this for? Or was this for all campuses?
 
I just emailed Emily at the Florida campus, asking for an update. I did notice my portal is blank though?? no longer says invited for interview...it's just blank. anyone else have this?

Just for the record my portal has never said anything.. idk if it's the same for anyone else. I hope Florida tells us by email.
 
Emily said on the interview day we will get notified by email. I'm just in the habit of checking my portal from the last time I applied. They told us our portal would also change so I just check everything now.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was waitlisted 🙁 Can anyone shed light on what this really means? What are the hopes that I will have a spot within the next few terms?