University of Southern California Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
KMARIE: When did you interview?

I interviewed in Feb... the wait is driving me insane like everyone else... :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed for March and got my AC email around noon as well. The email doesn't give any stats, just the number of those interviewed, accepted, and put on AC from the March interview. Given that no one was denied, it adds a lot of people to the AC pool. I remember before the interview, Mr. Granderson talked about the evaluation process. The way I understood it, was that those who are on AC from the March interview are placed into the pool of the past AC people, and everyone gets re-ranked. And then people get pulled from top down.

Overall, it just plays mind games for everyone that is still waiting, and creates a bunch of speculation. All we can do is wait and see.

Last year, a classmate was admitted a week before classes began in the middle of August. It's not over until the fat lady sings.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is what I have so far...

1st Interview Session:
150 Interviewed
50 Accepted
100 Hold

2nd Interview Session:
100 Interviewed
40 Accepted
60 Hold
3 Accepted from 1st Interview

3rd Interview Session:
100 Interviewed
40 Accepted
60 Hold
11 Accepted from 1st and 2nd Interview

4th Interview Session:
92 Interviewed
21 Accepted
71 Hold

Total Acceptances: 165
Total AC list: 277 :thumbdown:

got my acceptance in the mail today! i interviewed in march and i live 5 miles away from USC. good luck to everyone!

got my acceptance in the mail today! i interviewed in march and i live 5 miles away from USC. good luck to everyone!

Yay! You're the first. Congrats! Can I ask what time was your interview group?

Nothing came today, basically realized that they didn't review the older interview sessions at all

This is what I have so far...

1st Interview Session:
150 Interviewed
50 Accepted
100 Hold

2nd Interview Session:
100 Interviewed
40 Accepted
60 Hold
3 Accepted from 1st Interview

3rd Interview Session:
100 Interviewed
40 Accepted
60 Hold
11 Accepted from 1st and 2nd Interview

4th Interview Session:
92 Interviewed
21 Accepted
71 Hold

Total Acceptances: 165
Total AC list: 277 :thumbdown:

I got my letter today. Interviewed in November. However, I'll be declining, so my seat is up for grabs.

Good luck!

Just got the acceptance today. Ill be turning it down as well. Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
got my acceptance letter today! I am so happy..I was a Nov interviewee and a re-applicant.. don't give up guys :)

got my acceptance letter today! I am so happy..I was a Nov interviewee and a re-applicant.. don't give up guys :)

WoW. Congrats desler. I know how long you've been waiting for this. So happy for you.

Congratz to all the newly accepted ppl!! Especially you desler! Where are you guys from? I haven't check the mail today yet because my mother has my mailbox key :thumbdown: So I won't find out till tonight when she gets home. Hopefully I get the same mail as you guys :xf:

Just came home to find my acceptance package in the mail! :soexcited:
I interviewed in March. Sooo excited!

Good luck to all my fellow SDNers, especially the reapplicants! :luck::xf:

Just came home to find my acceptance package in the mail! :soexcited:
I interviewed in March. Sooo excited!

Good luck to all my fellow SDNers, especially the reapplicants! :luck::xf:

WoW. Congrats to you too dcs08! I bet it feels great. Wish I knew how that felt. Thats amazing news. Were you a re-applicant?

WoW. Congrats to you too dcs08! I bet it feels great. Wish I knew how that felt. Thats amazing news. Were you a re-applicant?

Thanks GetMeIn22. I'm still in shock. I'm not a re-applicant, but I really feel for those who are. I truly hope you get this.

Just got an acceptance letter. I was placed on AC after Feb interview.I know how it feels to be waiting. Good luck to those who are still waiting, especially to those re-applicants. I hope every one of you can get in.

Good luck to everyone who got their acceptances today! Finally all the wait paid off guys! I interviewed in Feb, got placed on AC. Haven't heard anything yet. I'm really worried that this might mean that people who didn't hear yet night get outright rejected... :( is there anyone else here who interviewed earlier and didn't hear anything?

Good luck to everyone who got their acceptances today! Finally all the wait paid off guys! I interviewed in Feb, got placed on AC. Haven't heard anything yet. I'm really worried that this might mean that people who didn't hear yet night get outright rejected... :( is there anyone else here who interviewed earlier and didn't hear anything?

I interviewed in Feb and did not hear back as well.. This sucks.. i dont want to be negative but beating the odds seem impossible.. around 277 people are on AC list... thats just crazy:scared::scared::scared::xf::xf::xf:

Last edited:
CONGRATS TO THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED>>>:thumbup:

By any chance to those of you who received your acceptance letters today, do you live close to USC? I am just assuming the mail went out to the people who live closest to USC first but I dont know thats why i am asking...

CONGRATS TO THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED>>>:thumbup:

By any chance to those of you who received your acceptance letters today, do you live close to USC? I am just assuming the mail went out to the people who live closest to USC first but I dont know thats why i am asking...

I live about 10-15 miles from USC.

I'm from fen too didn't hear anything at all no ac email yesterday or acceptance im really worried

I don't get it people from Feb interviews got acceptances too?

has anyone called about where they are on the AC list?
considering it's almost 300 students i'd like to know if there's even a chance and i was wondering how helpful the admissions office is....

AC isn't ranked, now that the last interview is over, they are going to decide who from the AC they want to put on the waitlist and who they want to reject. Last year they didn't rank the waitlist (based on 2014 SDN posts), so we will see this year I guess

has anyone called about where they are on the AC list?
considering it's almost 300 students i'd like to know if there's even a chance and i was wondering how helpful the admissions office is....

I'm from the Orange County area as well and interviewed on 3/26, I got my acceptance letter on Saturday :). Good luck to everyone else!

I'm from the Orange County area as well and interviewed on 3/26, I got my acceptance letter on Saturday :). Good luck to everyone else!

What area in Orange County? If you received an acceptance and I haven't gotten anything in the mail yet...I guess my shot is over :thumbdown:

Is there anyone here who is from LA and chose UCSD over USC?? Also, would you mind sharing some of your reasoning? Thank you!! I would appreciate it a lot :)

It sounds like they people will be receiving letters/AC emails this coming week. That seems to be what happened during the November cycle. A few people got AC emails on Sat., then a bunch of people got AC emails/acceptances on Monday. A few stragglers (myself included) got news even later in the week. If you don't get either (or even receive an AC like I did), give it a few more days because they are still actively accepting people as people decline offers. It may be a little bit different this cycle since all interviews have been completed but that seems to be the general trend.

Good luck to those who are still awaiting replies! :luck::xf::luck::xf::luck::xf:

What area in Orange County? If you received an acceptance and I haven't gotten anything in the mail yet...I guess my shot is over :thumbdown:

North OC in Westminster. Don't give up hope! Didn't like half the interviewees get in last year (just looking at the school page on pharmCAS)?

Hope so :xf: What undergrad do you go to?

I went to UCLA.

I'm a bit discouraged now because misterchen is from OC and he already got his acceptance letter... :thumbdown:

Sigh...We've been waiting since November! Anyway, I hope you hear good news. Don't lose hope! :D :luck:

But congrats misterchen!

**I didn't mean thumbs down to you, I meant thumbs down we [dnguyen and I] didn't get anything yet. LOL :D**

Actually, congrats to everyone that has gotten in so far!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I'm also in the same boat as you guys, been waiting since Nov, its soooo disappointing, i'm about to give up :( :cry: :cry:
I wish they could just tell us if we have any chance at all, because this wait is slowly killing me! and all this waiting might just be pointless :(
I hope we get in
But congrats misterchen!

**I didn't mean thumbs down to you, I meant thumbs down we [dnguyen and I] didn't get anything yet. LOL :D**

Actually, congrats to everyone that has gotten in so far!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I just received my acceptance package in the mail today!! I'm so happy I almost cried. :laugh:

North OC in Westminster. Don't give up hope! Didn't like half the interviewees get in last year (just looking at the school page on pharmCAS)?

I looked at it and Omg! USC accepted more than 200 students! There is still hope! :thumbup:

Ahhh I'm from Westminster as well! I'm trying not to give up hope but we'll see. Did you go to high school around Westminster?

Ahhh I'm from Westminster as well! I'm trying not to give up hope but we'll see. Did you go to high school around Westminster?

Yeah I did, whoa I just looked at your pharmapp name. Did you go to LQHS c/o 07? I went to LQ c/o 08 and remember there being a dickie nguyen a year older than me.

Yeah I did, whoa I just looked at your pharmapp name. Did you go to LQHS c/o 07? I went to LQ c/o 08 and remember there being a dickie nguyen a year older than me.

LOL, yes!! What a coincidence. So you graduated from LQ in '08 but you're starting pharm school this fall?? Crazy! :thumbup: Where are you going for undergrad??

I interviewed back in February and was put on A/C, but I finally got around to checking my mail today (don't get a lot of mail these days!) and got the acceptance letter :) Dated April 20th and I live in San Diego, but not sure when it was delivered.

Good luck to everyone still waiting, hang in there :xf: