University of St. Augustine...autobiography help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rcmac

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm trying to get a head start on all these applications and I got stumped by this autobiography requirement. Can anyone give me a good way to structure this essay and what I should talk about.

Here's the autobiography prompt:
Submit autobiographical essay (two or three typewritten pages) that includes information about your past educational,
professional, and personal pursuits beyond that found in other documentation such as transcripts.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to University of St. Augustine and got accepted to the San Diego campus. For the autobiography, I talked about other things that I was involved with my university, such as being a teaching assistant for anatomy, being involved with research, volunteering, patient exposure, etc. A lot of what I talked about was how my experiences helped me work with people from different backgrounds. Hope that helps.

I applied to University of St. Augustine and got accepted to the San Diego campus. For the autobiography, I talked about other things that I was involved with my university, such as being a teaching assistant for anatomy, being involved with research, volunteering, patient exposure, etc. A lot of what I talked about was how my experiences helped me work with people from different backgrounds. Hope that helps.

Utahutesfan...Does applying to USA early help in getting accepted?
When did you apply and get accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview invitation for the fall cycle and turned it down. I wrote about my life experiences that helped me hone skills (time management, leadership, problem solving, etc.) that will be beneficial in becoming a PT. I am a non-traditional student so I used some past work experinces and also discussed my time as a job shadow and PT aide. I also wrote a little bit about why I wanted to become a PT and what influenced me. My advice would be to just start writing (about experiences and such) and things will start to come. Then have it critiqued.... a lot!

As far as applying early, I don't think it really matters because they have a non-rolling admission and review all apps after the deadline. I sent mine in on the very last day. Good luck!

It doesn't matter when you turn in your application. I sent mine in at the end of August and the application wasn't due till mid December. I was then notified about an interview at the beginning of February. People that turned in their applications later than I did received an interview invite a week before me also.

Hey guys,

I had a quick question regarding their application. They use those "reference worksheets" to hear from your four references right? I guess what I'm asking is, would my references need to complete the worksheet in addition to writing a letter of rec? Or is the worksheet thing sufficient?

Thanks a lot

Hey guys,

I had a quick question regarding their application. They use those "reference worksheets" to hear from your four references right? I guess what I'm asking is, would my references need to complete the worksheet in addition to writing a letter of rec? Or is the worksheet thing sufficient?

Thanks a lot

The worksheet thing is sufficient... that's all that I sent in.

Is this supposed to be single or double spaced?:confused:

If you are talking about the PTCAS essay it is 4500 characters including spaces, it doesn't matter if it single or double. I tried it, characters don't change. Good Luck.

Litlwarrior08- I was talking about USA's autobiography, but knowing that is good to know too...thanks!