University of St. Augustine Fall 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow I didn't realize there were so many people that haven't yet received a log-in. I turned in my application before the December deadline and got my log-in during the middle of December, but I did have to contact them through email for them to send me one. USA seems to still be busy with finalizing the upcoming Spring Admission. There was an issue with my Letters of Rec not being received and it literally took me about a month's worth of emails, voicemails, and unreturned phone calls before I finally got a a response from someone who helped me fix that issue.

Also, is anyone here applying for the FLEX program? Most people here seem to be applying for the residential program. I applied to the Flex Program at the San Marcos Campus, anyone in the same boat?
 
@dalingil Thanks for the info! Yeah, I'm kind of interested on the hands-on cadavers and such so I was curious. I'm just praying and hoping I get accepted, and definitely will! Thank you!
 
Hey everyone!
My name is James and I am a current 1st Tri at the Austin Campus. I was in your shoes only a few months ago and just finished my 1st month here in Austin. Please feel free to PM me with any questions about the program, the transition, the whole process.
So far my experience has been great and difficult at the same time as expected with an accelerated program. Its been a roller coaster ride but I love it. The campus, my fellow classmates and the upper tri students have been completely supportive and I'm happy to help with questions as best as I can.

First piece of advice in this process is be patient. It is a process and it can get frustrating. Just be sure you have everything you need to submit whatever materials necessary. Check your spam email just in case for any contact from the school as well.
Good Luck!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To everyone who hasn't been able to get in contact with FL admissions:

They have not even begun processing fall applications for log-in to be sent out. Anyone who has already received one has likely been in contact with admissions directly. Not to worry yet!
 
Has anyone else received a phone call from an enrollment advisor from the Austin campus? I was given a call yesterday just going through a check-list, didn't know if this was common. My heart rate shot up the instance I saw an "Austin phone call"?
 
Hey everyone! I applied to St Augustine (FL campus) for the summer 2015 class but had to push my application back to Fall 2015 because of an issue with a pre-req. I was invited for an interview for Summer right around the time the pre-req thing came up and went to it figuring it would be the best way to get answers. While at the interview USA mentioned that admissions is overwhelmed and they are currently going through some changes and trying to expand the department. It seemed as though Feb 6th was the last date for summer interviews and they would be making those decisions within a week. I asked about Fall term and they said as soon as summer was finalized fall term applicants would start to hear things. They are hoping to have decisions for fall made around the beginning of April. I hope this helps a little bit.

For those of you wondering about log in stuff, I called multiple times a day until I got someone to pick up. Annoying? Yes, but I got the information I needed to make sure they received everything.
 
Hey everyone! I applied to St Augustine (FL campus) for the summer 2015 class but had to push my application back to Fall 2015 because of an issue with a pre-req. I was invited for an interview for Summer right around the time the pre-req thing came up and went to it figuring it would be the best way to get answers. While at the interview USA mentioned that admissions is overwhelmed and they are currently going through some changes and trying to expand the department. It seemed as though Feb 6th was the last date for summer interviews and they would be making those decisions within a week. I asked about Fall term and they said as soon as summer was finalized fall term applicants would start to hear things. They are hoping to have decisions for fall made around the beginning of April. I hope this helps a little bit.

For those of you wondering about log in stuff, I called multiple times a day until I got someone to pick up. Annoying? Yes, but I got the information I needed to make sure they received everything.


Thanks for sharing! Any mention of when they were targeting Fall interviews?
 
Has anyone heard from admission yet? I still have some items marked as "incomplete" also.
 
Has anyone heard from admission yet? I still have some items marked as "incomplete" also.
I still have items marked incomplete as well. The lady from admissions who called me said that they wont be letting people know about interviews for fall, until march or early april. They're having another round of interviews for summer this coming up saturday the 20th so I guess it makes sense.
 
I had so many items that were marked as incomplete I just stopped checking the portal on a normal basis and started checking it once every couple of weeks. It was unnecessary stress because I knew everything has been submitted before the deadline. I logged on the other day and all of my items were marked as received and my status had been changed to under review.
 
Has anyone heard from admission yet? I still have some items marked as "incomplete" also.
change from this morning all of my items are now marked as complete, however, application status still says "missing items" glad to see things are moving along.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They literally haven't done anything for Fall semester. There are still people without log-ins who applied in November because their summer class hasn't been solidified. There's another interview for Summer on Feb. 27th so we probably will not hear anything until after that.
 
How did that go? Did you receive a log in after? I have an appointment to talk with the advisor about my application. I am still waiting for a log in.
Sorry I miss-read your message, I already had my login before they called. It was probably two weeks after I got my log-in that she contacted me. It went well, she asked me questions about myself how many hours I have volunteered/worked in the area ect.. she did reccomend I retake my GRE before May just to make my application look even stronger. It was the first time any school I have applied to called and asked questions like that, I was caught off guard.
 
I originally applied for the summer term, but ended up being deferred to the fall due to scheduling complications. Still have yet to hear from them but the "my USA" does say they are still looking at summer applications. And like stated before, they have another interview day on the 27th so we probably won't hear anything until early to mid march.
 
I originally applied for the summer term, but ended up being deferred to the fall due to scheduling complications. Still have yet to hear from them but the "my USA" does say they are still looking at summer applications. And like stated before, they have another interview day on the 27th so we probably won't hear anything until early to mid march.
Glad you foung this forum! Hopefully they will finish with summer term soon.
 
Just wanted to let you guys know. I submitted my application November 3rd, and I received my log in info yesterday. Also, they lost one of my resumes that I had sent in.... so I am pretty annoyed at this point.
 
Sorry I miss-read your message, I already had my login before they called. It was probably two weeks after I got my log-in that she contacted me. It went well, she asked me questions about myself how many hours I have volunteered/worked in the area ect.. she did reccomend I retake my GRE before May just to make my application look even stronger. It was the first time any school I have applied to called and asked questions like that, I was caught off guard.

Who did you talk to when you called admissions if I may ask?
 
Just wanted to let you guys know. I submitted my application November 3rd, and I received my log in info yesterday. Also, they lost one of my resumes that I had sent in.... so I am pretty annoyed at this point.
oops I meant to say transcript not resume
 
oops I meant to say transcript not resume

I feel your pain. Still have not received my login, but their original email said they preferred a digital transcript if possible. So I sent them digitally though my schools, because of their admin delay they didn't download them and they expired, so I had to send them again. Amateur hour.

If anyone out there still needs to send transcripts, DON'T SEND THEM ELECTRONICALLY.
 
Did anyone else receive an email giving you a new password to your portal? I've had my portal information since the end of October but got an email giving me a new password
 
Did anyone else receive an email giving you a new password to your portal? I've had my portal information since the end of October but got an email giving me a new password
Does it bring you to your same portal? If so I wouldn't consider it a problem, otherwise j would clarify with admissions for sure. I got my portal log-in and password at the beginning of February after I called them but that is all.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone else receive an email giving you a new password to your portal? I've had my portal information since the end of October but got an email giving me a new password

They had never gotten in touch with login information, so this was the first login I had gotten.
 
Does it bring you to your same portal? If so I wouldn't consider it a problem, otherwise j would clarify with admissions for sure. I got my portal log-in and password at the beginning of February after I called them but that is all.
I applied for summer but got deferred to fall admission back in September/October, but randomly just got a new password to my portal. It did bring me to the same portal, so maybe it was just a hiccup in the system?
 
I applied for summer but got deferred to fall admission back in September/October, but randomly just got a new password to my portal. It did bring me to the same portal, so maybe it was just a hiccup in the system?
Sounds like it. As long as all your documents are there I would say it probably doesn't matter.
 
Anyone hear anything lately re: Fall now that supposedly the final summer interviews have concluded?
Not yet. They haven't sent out acceptances from the last interview yet, but that should be happening this week. Hopefully we'll hear something shortly after that!
 
@b_campbell04 I believe it's for the Austin campus.

I wonder if I'm still able to update my observation hours..do you guys know how much emphasis recommendation letters play on their applications?
 
I recently spoke to my enrollment advisor, Yvette, and she said they should notify us for interviews for Fall Class sometime in the next month!


I've emailed my enrollment advisor, Jocelyn, a few times with no response. It's good to see some folks are receiving feedback.
 
Hopefully all three campuses are on the same timeline. I know Florida is really behind for summer admissions. Not sure about the other campuses.
 
My application is still saying I'm "missing" supplemental information after everything has been received already :X
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My application is still saying I'm "missing" supplemental information after everything has been received already :X
My account was like that for awhile too, I emailed Yvette and within a few hours it had changed. I have a feeling there's just a button that has to get pressed on their end for that to change.
 
My status has never changed from "under transcript evaluation," is that normal?
My status never said "under transcript evaluation" but it sounds as if that would come after the general "your application is under review by the admissions committee" message that I've got right now? Honestly at this point just kinda going with the flow of St. Augustine's application process, it's the only non-PTCAS school applied to so I didn't really/continue to not really know what to expect haha.
 
I might either call tomorrow or email to ask if that is normal because it has said that for a couple months now...
 
Hi guys, I applied for the summer term/fl campus and was accepted about a month ago. I'm still waiting for my boyfriend to hear back from the fl campus to see if he was accepted or not, so I came on this forum to see if they had started on the fall applicants incase he was waitlisted! But, just so y'all know, being "under review" comes after being in "transcript evaluation" phase. and even if you have all your stuff in, it may still say in transcript evaluation. someone in the office just needs to move your application to under review, but they get to it eventually. i was in the transcript evaluation phase forever and then a couple of days after i was switched to under review i received an invite for an interview! hope that helps!