University of St. Augustine Spring 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kld16

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there! I was just curious if anyone else had applied to the University of St. Augustine for the Spring 2015 term. I have submitted everything for my application to the Florida campus, just waiting on my references to do their part. I took a break between undergrad to save for school and bring up some of my prereq grades. USA is my dream school, so I'm a little nervous but also very excited! I look forward to sharing the seemingly unending wait with you all!

Members don't see this ad.

Me too! I applied for the Flex program, are you Flex or on campus?

Applied to fla campus as well, just waiting on two more references..

Members don't see this ad :)
I just finished up my application for the Florida campus as well! But, I'm interested in the Dual program that they offer.

I applied for on campus, but I have heard good things about the flex program, dragon416.

DPT41 are there any other schools that offer the dual program? I went to USA for a friend's DPT graduation earlier in the spring. Only a small handful of graduates were from the dual program. It was not something I have heard of before.

Do any of you plan on applying to any other schools?

I applied to the Austin Campus, But I don't care which campus I go to. Does anyone know when the interviews will be? If we get invited of course

DPT41 are there any other schools that offer the dual program? I went to USA for a friend's DPT graduation earlier in the spring. Only a small handful of graduates were from the dual program. It was not something I have heard of before.

Do any of you plan on applying to any other schools?

Besides the other USA campuses (CA & TX), no other school offers the Dual Program... From what I've heard most of them don't believe that it is a useful degree. Even some of the faculty an open house that I had toured at USA seemed reluctant to advise leaning toward the program. When I approached them, rather than telling me about the program, every single one asked me why I thought it would be a good professional route. Not many people know of it and many of the people that actually become interested are talked out of the idea. Personally, I have many reasons why I believe it is an invaluable resource to have.

It says on the website they will notify us 6-8 weeks after the deadline. Based on that, I think we should hear something around the beginning of August. I have heard they will take place at the end of August and that timeline would give everyone enough time to make travel arrangements.

Besides the other USA campuses (CA & TX), no other school offers the Dual Program... From what I've heard most of them don't believe that it is a useful degree. Even some of the faculty an open house that I had toured at USA seemed reluctant to advise leaning toward the program. When I approached them, rather than telling me about the program, every single one asked me why I thought it would be a good professional route. Not many people know of it and many of the people that actually become interested are talked out of the idea. Personally, I have many reasons why I believe it is an invaluable resource to have.

I have received similar feedback about the dual program. Pretty unfortunate that they are so discouraging about it. I can see the versatility in it though. Do you know anything about the admissions process? I am just curious if they have a certain number of dual students they accept, or if you will be grouped in with both the PT and OT class headcounts.

I have received similar feedback about the dual program. Pretty unfortunate that they are so discouraging about it. I can see the versatility in it though. Do you know anything about the admissions process? I am just curious if they have a certain number of dual students they accept, or if you will be grouped in with both the PT and OT class headcounts.

I have met/called admissions many times. They accept between 5-15 dual students per cycle. Sometimes they don't even receive 15 applicants (so I've been told).

Overall it's a 10 trimester program. The first 7 of which are spent with the OT class mixed with some PT classes, the Dual students are then sent in with the PT class for the last 3 trimesters.

Hi there..... I am also applying to the DPT Flex program for Spring 15.. I was told that invatations for the interviews will go out toward the end of the summer.

Hi there..... I am also applying to the DPT Flex program for Spring 15.. I was told that invatations for the interviews will go out toward the end of the summer.

Members don't see this ad :)
GPA 3.3
Pre req.:3.6
GRE: 286- scheduled to retake
over 1000 observation hours at different locations and I work as a PT tech. I have also done 4 semesters of PT school in Germany, so I have those hours in the clinic.
How about you?

I have a cgpa of 3.52
Pre req 3.8ish
GRE:282 (The GRE ETS wouldn't give me disability accommodations for my head injury since my document were out dated by one month) So I had to write a letter to the school and provide evidence.
I have about 240 observation hours (still ongoing) at six different pt clinics/hospitals.

Hopefully we can get an interview! I am dreading the wait! I am pretty nervous.

Reactions: 1 user
GPA 3.3
Pre req.:3.6
GRE: 286- scheduled to retake
over 1000 observation hours at different locations and I work as a PT tech. I have also done 4 semesters of PT school in Germany, so I have those hours in the clinic.
How about you?

Don't be nervous... as of now you have done everything that you can, just be proud of that you have sent in all the material and enjoy your summer. This may be the last summer you have before PT school :) Good Luck

Don't be nervous... as of now you have done everything that you can, just be proud of that you have sent in all the material and enjoy your summer. This may be the last summer you have before PT school :) Good Luck

Thank Gillies! I already have much information on the interview as to the questions that are going to be asked and such, just in case I get an interview I will be well prepared haha. Good luck to you as well!

There are only five or six dual students in each class. I can't fathom going to graduate school for 10 trimesters. Most who earn the degree want to be PT and OT, and want to own a clinic that hires both. There are some advantages, but you'll be here a long time.

Interviews for the spring 2015 class will take place at the end of July or at the beginning of August.

Does anyone have a little info on what they have heard about the Flex program, besides what is on the website?. Maybe someone has contact to current students or one of you has been to chaco out the campus or talked to faculty. Any info is greatly appreciated. :)

Hi All, I spoke to an admissions coordinator on the FL campus and according to her, the interviews are going to be scheduled for Aug 1st. This is not guaranteed I presume but it's a good estimate. You will find out for sure when they send out invitations :)

And Gillies, from what I know, the students starts as normal PT students and then they continue attending the university for an additional year to complete OT requirements. The first year classes for PT and OTs are very similar. I've met a student who graduated with the duel PT/OT degree from USA, and he appreciated the flexibility of his treatment options and the ability to treat either type of patient. The salaries at this time are no different with the duel degree from what I have heard.

And Gillies, from what I know, the students starts as normal PT students and then they continue attending the university for an additional year to complete OT requirements. The first year classes for PT and OTs are very similar. I've met a student who graduated with the duel PT/OT degree from USA, and he appreciated the flexibility of his treatment options and the ability to treat either type of patient. The salaries at this time are no different with the duel degree from what I have heard.

I think you may have read Gillies question wrong. He was inquiring about the Flex program not the Dual program.

And Dual students are set up with the OT class, sit for the OT boards and then have the option to work part time while attending the last 3 trimesters where they are put with PT students. (But from speaking with faculty from USA, working as an OT is not advised due to the dense PT curriculum that the student will be subjected to in the remaining 3 trimesters.)

Just sharing my research into the program: hope that clears things up. :)

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone applied to the Spring 2015 full time DPT program in Austin? I am wondering when they will send out invitations for interview or when they'll be! Any help will be appreciated!! Good luck to you all. :)

I think you may have read Gillies question wrong. He was inquiring about the Flex program not the Dual program.

And Dual students are set up with the OT class, sit for the OT boards and then have the option to work part time while attending the last 3 trimesters where they are put with PT students. (But from speaking with faculty from USA, working as an OT is not advised due to the dense PT curriculum that the student will be subjected to in the remaining 3 trimesters.)

Just sharing my research into the program: hope that clears things up. :)

You're right! I thought he was referring to the duel :) I don't know much about the flex program besides the fact that it's four years, you go in once a month, and it's a very rigorous part time, online program :)

Dual students are set up with the OT class, sit for the OT boards and then have the option to work part time while attending the last 3 trimesters where they are put with PT students.

I don't know any dual students who work during the last four trimesters. The course load is too demanding and they have to complete two clinicals during the ninth trimester. But they are OTs through the sixth trimester. Some students start as dual students, earn their OT-R, and then leave the school.

I don't know any dual students who work during the last four trimesters. The course load is too demanding and they have to complete two clinicals during the ninth trimester. But they are OTs through the sixth trimester. Some students start as dual students, earn their OT-R, and then leave the school.

Personally, I don't know of anyone who works for the remainder of the degree either. I was just re-stating what I was told at the open house.

Do you currently attend USA?

Anyone have info on when they will be inviting students for interviews? I called and was told August 1st was the interview date but forgot to ask around when they would send out invites. Thanks.

Anyone have info on when they will be inviting students for interviews? I called and was told August 1st was the interview date but forgot to ask around when they would send out invites. Thanks.

They want to give at least 3 weeks notice for the interviews so, by that philosophy, I would say the first or second week of July. Personally, I think it'll be the first week of July.

Last edited:
Good Luck getting an interview to everyone... I am currently a 1st tri student at USA ATX and so far I love it. If you have any questions let me know, I check the forum once a week or so.
Hi dalingil....are you a DPT Flex student?
Thank you for offering to answer questions :)

Hey guys, I'm applying to the Spring 2015 term as well. My GRE score is a little low (291). I was wondering if there may still be time to retake it and self-report the scores before interviews are sent out; or if the admissions committee will even take the new scores into consideration for that matter.

Is everyone's "status" still showing as undergoing a transcript evaluation when they check the portal?

Yep... at least mine is......
I look at it three times a day :(

Me three! I check mine about five times a day.

Lol, that's what you call super desperate!

Naw... I don't think so... its just exciting to find out what happens next

Yeah true. What other schools do you have in mind?

Nova, Tennessee, and a hand full in NC... you???

Nova hybrid, Duke, Loma Linda, USF, some in Cali... I am everywhere lol.

Mine doesn't say anything about a transcript evaluation.. It still says under review by the admissions committee.

I am crossing my fingers to hopefully be hearing about interviews this week!

I am crossing my fingers to hopefully be hearing about interviews this week!
I hope so too, but I am also thinking since this is a short week nothing might change .........

What should application status be to indicate you might get an interview?

My status changed to "under review by admissions committee" today