-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
University of St. Augustine Spring 2015
Started by kld16
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi All,
I just got off the phone with Student Services and they told me that the e-mails will be sent out anytime today or early morning tomorrow to Florida campus applicants and then California applicants in that order. The e-mails go out in batches , therefore everybody would be notified at the same time ( whoever gets an Interview Invite). The students who do not get selected for this round of Interviews will be just denied admissions but some students who they want to waitlist and interview later in case the invited student wont come , will be still sent an Invite saying they are waitlisted etc. But those e-mails will go out later. So as I mentioned in my previous post, this week is the one. Keeping fingers crossed and Good Luck to all!!! They have received 310 + Applications for Spring 2015 ( all programs combined) and will be eventually taking 30-40 at each campus. Interviewing 60-75 at each campus for Spring 2015.
Thanks
PS: Please post immediately after you receive an invite as we all can know .Also post your Stats and background.
I just got off the phone with Student Services and they told me that the e-mails will be sent out anytime today or early morning tomorrow to Florida campus applicants and then California applicants in that order. The e-mails go out in batches , therefore everybody would be notified at the same time ( whoever gets an Interview Invite). The students who do not get selected for this round of Interviews will be just denied admissions but some students who they want to waitlist and interview later in case the invited student wont come , will be still sent an Invite saying they are waitlisted etc. But those e-mails will go out later. So as I mentioned in my previous post, this week is the one. Keeping fingers crossed and Good Luck to all!!! They have received 310 + Applications for Spring 2015 ( all programs combined) and will be eventually taking 30-40 at each campus. Interviewing 60-75 at each campus for Spring 2015.
Thanks
PS: Please post immediately after you receive an invite as we all can know .Also post your Stats and background.
They have received 310 + Applications for Spring 2015 ( all programs combined) and will be eventually taking 30-40 at each campus. Interviewing 60-75 at each campus for Spring 2015.
Do you know if those 310+ applicants are for FL campus programs only (OT/PT/Dual) or both FL and CA?
310 sounds like a relatively low amount across all programs combined.
Hi All,
I just got off the phone with Student Services and they told me that the e-mails will be sent out anytime today or early morning tomorrow to Florida campus applicants and then California applicants in that order. The e-mails go out in batches , therefore everybody would be notified at the same time ( whoever gets an Interview Invite). The students who do not get selected for this round of Interviews will be just denied admissions but some students who they want to waitlist and interview later in case the invited student wont come , will be still sent an Invite saying they are waitlisted etc. But those e-mails will go out later. So as I mentioned in my previous post, this week is the one. Keeping fingers crossed and Good Luck to all!!! They have received 310 + Applications for Spring 2015 ( all programs combined) and will be eventually taking 30-40 at each campus. Interviewing 60-75 at each campus for Spring 2015.
Thanks
PS: Please post immediately after you receive an invite as we all can know .Also post your Stats and background.
No mention of Texas campus applicants?
No- I just asked her about the California. She combined information for Florida and California. May be she meant all three campuses. Dont read too much into phone calls. I just wanted to share what I have as an update. Basically, anytime from now, interview invites will be sent. So lets all be patient🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been lurking on here forever! Non trad first post!Does anyone mind posting their states here.
Undergrad Overall GPA- 3.4
Pre-req : 3.19
Graduate : Master in Public health : 3.77
GRE is not required
Nice LOR
Here are my stats
Cum GPA 3.01
Last 45 GPA 3.9...ish
Prerequisite GPA 3.7-8 ish
GRE 150 verbal 153 math 4.0 writing
Volunteer: 300 + hours in patient and out (pediatric, geriatric, veteran, adult, ICU, wound care)
Still volunteering: inpatient pediatric and acute care for major hospital
LORs microbio teacher, boss and two PTs
Had my essays edited and re-edited by people who write well
After so much rejection (SDSu, UCSF, everywhere...Should have known with the low cumulative GPA but I am going to keep on keepn on )
Cheers everyone! Best of luck!
I spoke with Admissions today around 3:30 and I specifically asked about the Austin campus but I'm sure this applies to others as well, she said that the invitations for interviews should go out tomorrow or early next week. I literally check this thing and my portal 1,000 times a day haha GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!
Your stat look pretty good , you GRE is nice too . You will get in . Let's hope for good . 🙂I've been lurking on here forever! Non trad first post!
Here are my stats
Cum GPA 3.01
Last 45 GPA 3.9...ish
Prerequisite GPA 3.7-8 ish
GRE 150 verbal 153 math 4.0 writing
Volunteer: 300 + hours in patient and out (pediatric, geriatric, veteran, adult, ICU, wound care)
Still volunteering: inpatient pediatric and acute care for major hospital
LORs microbio teacher, boss and two PTs
Had my essays edited and re-edited by people who write well
After so much rejection (SDSu, UCSF, everywhere...Should have known with the low cumulative GPA but I am going to keep on keepn on )
Cheers everyone! Best of luck!
How do you find your last 45 gpa? Or did you just compute it yourself?
How do you find your last 45 gpa? Or did you just compute it yourself?
It's your last 45 credit hours. There are many GPA calculators on google. Pick one and all you have to do is enter your transcript grades (only last 45) and it does the work for you.
It's your last 45 credit hours. There are many GPA calculators on google. Pick one and all you have to do is enter your transcript grades (only last 45) and it does the work for you.
Ok so you just do it yourself, thanks.
How do you find your last 45 gpa? Or did you just compute it yourself?
Computed it---I took my grade points for my last 45 units and divided it by 45.
Points are tallied by taking your units and multiplying it by 4.0 for A, 3.0 for B and so on ...
For example, a 4 unit course, say I get a B. this is
4 units x 3 for the B = 12 grade points
your transcript should have the points totaled for you but u might need to sum the last 45.
The website still says transcript eval as well. But I'll take the email from Heather as a more updated means. Good luck to everyone! If anyone gets one for Austin we should try to plan a meetup ahead of time I'm going to try to fly in at least a day beforehand. They sent a list of places close to the campus to book a hotel.
I applied for Florida - nothing yet. Did your "admissions status" change as well?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Damn that's crazy!Just called. They said students applying for the Flex program will hear in a couple of weeks...
Yeah it just changed.I applied for Florida - nothing yet. Did your "admissions status" change as well?
I also received an invitation for the August 8th interviews at ATX!
I haven't received anything from the Florida campus yet either. Makes me feel a little better k.macaroni! My heart got real heavy when I read jaypac's post
My heart got heavy too! hopefully Florida will hear soon - like now!
Just got an email from Austin admissions! Who else is gonna be there for the Aug 8th session?
Congrats. I just received an email from Austin admissions, too. I'll be there on the 8th.
Do you mind sharing ur statsJust got an email from Austin admissions! Who else is gonna be there for the Aug 8th session?
Keep the faith guys!I guess me an Gillies will have to hold our horse's for a minute.
Now I can go back to prepping for another GRE tomorrow with little less stress
Cgpa 3.003 as of a month ago (undergraduate bachelors music technology from NYU 2.76)Do you mind sharing ur stats
45gpa 3.4-3.5
Prerequisite 3.5-3.6 depending on program
GRE v150 m150 w 4.0
210 observation hours (55 outpatient, 55 acute hospital, 100 sub acute nursing rehab)
Application was submitted back in January with a final transcript sent to them 2 weeks ago.
Applied to a plethora of programs got wait listed at Touro U., Nova Southeastern,
Congrats !! i am super nervous 🙁Cgpa 3.003 as of a month ago (undergraduate bachelors music technology from NYU 2.76)
45gpa 3.4-3.5
Prerequisite 3.5-3.6 depending on program
GRE v150 m150 w 4.0
210 observation hours (55 outpatient, 55 acute hospital, 100 sub acute nursing rehab)
Application was submitted back in January with a final transcript sent to them 2 weeks ago.
Applied to a plethora of programs got wait listed at Touro U., Nova Southeastern,
I applied to FL as well and have not received anything yet 🙁 This waiting is killing me! Best of luck to everyone!
Do you mind sharing your stats please !!Congrats. I just received an email from Austin admissions, too. I'll be there on the 8th.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you. You'll be fine. Stay positive everyone. And keep at it. Even though I'm hoping this will be it ( because I want to graduate and start working before I'm 40).Nothing is guaranteed until you're actually starting the program. I'm going to sit through the GRE for the third time, still write my essays for the new application cycle and bleed out that money until a program says yes.Congrats !! i am super nervous 🙁
I think florida and California campuses invitation will be sent out around same time. I hope we hear something today. Post your states if u don't mind.Soooo...I've been stalking this thing for forever now. I figured it was about time I posted something. 🙂
Any news from the California campus?? -- I have heard nothing yet! Congrats to all you Austin applicants!