University of St. Augustine Spring 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi. I also received an invite for an interview on October 16. If I get in, I will start in the Spring at St Augustine location. In addition, I'm wondering if anyone who recently had an interview can provide some insight on what questions they asked in the interview. I've been reading on the forum for a while now, and several interviews questions seem to always come up - "Why PT?", "Why USA?", "How do you handle stress?", and "what would you do if you see a classmate is cheating?".
I interviewed for the St. Augustine campus back in July and those are mainly the questions that they ask. They also asked how you deal with time management. Another one my specific interviewer asked was what would you do if you received a poor grade on your first exam in order to make sure you did better on the next one since it is an accelerated pace. Don't stress though the interview was super laid back and the interviewers were all very nice!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to reach out to see if anyone knows if there are still seats available at the St. Augustine campus for spring 2021 and also if anyone who interviewed on the 16th has heard back about a decision. I know it is a bit early to hear back, but keep us updated! The waiting game is the worst, but I am thinking hopeful thoughts for everyone who has interviewed and is waiting like me! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Hi guys!!! We just made the FB group for the San Marcos Residential DPT cohort for spring 21 :) come join if you hadn't already seen the post I made in the USAHS spring 21 purple class group that David Schoenherr made :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone!

I just received an email yesterday that I was accepted to USAHS, but that spring was full! I am so excited. So now we wait to see what semester I will be starting!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey everyone,
Anyone interview on 10/23 for the Miami Campus for spring 2021?

Hi everyone!

I just received an email yesterday that I was accepted to USAHS, but that spring was full! I am so excited. So now we wait to see what semester I will be starting!

congratulations! Which program did you apply for? Are you hoping to get into Flex or traditional?

congratulations! Which program did you apply for? Are you hoping to get into Flex or traditional?
Thank you! I applied for the St. Augustine campus residential program. I still have not heard back from an advisor regarding the waitlist. I am hoping to hear back soon or to defer to summer if that is an option! Has anyone talked to an advisor at this campus recently? Or, does anyone have any advice on who to contact?

Thanks!

Thank you! I applied for the St. Augustine campus residential program. I still have not heard back from an advisor regarding the waitlist. I am hoping to hear back soon or to defer to summer if that is an option! Has anyone talked to an advisor at this campus recently? Or, does anyone have any advice on who to contact?

Thanks!
Hi, Casey. Have you tried to email Alicia from the interview? I'm not sure if she's in charge of this, but perhaps she can provide some insights. In addition, is your enrollment advisor Sarah McAvoy or Allie Key? Mine was Allie ([email protected]), and perhaps you can also send her an email. Both Alicia and Allie are in St Augustine location, and they do respond to their emails very fast. Sarah, on the other hand, can be often difficult to reach, and the best way is through a phone appointment. She is in California, but I think she is in charge of all the admission issues.

I applied for the residential Austin spring 2021 start date but still have no heard back. I officially “submitted” my application 2 weeks ago after speaking with an enrollment advisor. Are they still even having interviews or should I just assume I didn’t get in?

I applied for the residential Austin spring 2021 start date but still have no heard back. I officially “submitted” my application 2 weeks ago after speaking with an enrollment advisor. Are they still even having interviews or should I just assume I didn’t get in?
It took them about 5 weeks to send me an interview invite for the St Augustine campus. If you don't mind sharing, what are your stats?

Just got accepted at the Miami campus for Spring!

Reactions: 1 users
I got my acceptance about 3 weeks after speaking with my advisor. I wouldn’t assume that you didn’t get in. I think they do rolling admissions and let everyone know at different times.
Also does anyone know if the Austin program is good? I’ve heard some not so great things, and I’m wondering what it’s actually like

Alright everyone I need some help over here. I applied for the flex program (fall start date) thinking because I could work and complete my Doctorate. Well I got accepted and offered a position for the Spring. Having second thoughts as now I am thinking I should apply for the residential. I am concerned about the 4 years compared to 2.7... Does anyone have any suggestions/advise. Does anyone know how the residential program is set up because of the pandemic? Are they on campus or online? The flex program looks like we only have to go once in Feb until May.

Alright everyone I need some help over here. I applied for the flex program (fall start date) thinking because I could work and complete my Doctorate. Well I got accepted and offered a position for the Spring. Having second thoughts as now I am thinking I should apply for the residential. I am concerned about the 4 years compared to 2.7... Does anyone have any suggestions/advise. Does anyone know how the residential program is set up because of the pandemic? Are they on campus or online? The flex program looks like we only have to go once in Feb until May.
Don’t quote me on this, but USAHS is pretty lenient on deferring. They have multiple locations so you should ask your advisor to see if it’s possible.

Don’t quote me on this, but USAHS is pretty lenient on deferring. They have multiple locations so you should ask your advisor to see if it’s possible.
Thank you. Do you have any experience with any of the programs?

Thank you. Do you have any experience with any of the programs?
yeah, my assigned USAHS advisor asked me to move up to Spring but I decided to stick to summer start date because of COVID.

Just gave up my spot for Austin spring cohort. Hope this helps someone!

Hey! I did the same thing you did and they just got back to me about an interview date! They most definitely are having interviews still and sending out emails. The advisor told me that because of the holiday season and covid things were getting slow at the end of the year but you should be able to hear back from them soon!