University of Texas CoP Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jtwl1231

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright peeps...We have until November 1st to get all our ish in. Sooo glad they made the switch to PharmCAS this year. :soexcited:

Members don't see this ad.

I agree, definently more convenient. Have you looked at the supplemental application yet?

Yeah. Pretty simple actually. It just asks for your PharmCAS info, High school info, and prerequisites. You only need to sign up for a UTEID if you don't already have one.

Members don't see this ad :)
When I looked at it, there didn't seem to be anywhere to indicate whether or not you're a reapplicant.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if UTCOP is on a rolling admissions basis? Like if you submit your application before the November 1st deadline, will your application be considered first for an interview? Or do they look at all applications at once at the deadline? Thanks!

Have a question. UT only accepts 2 LORs but I'm also applying to UH which requires 3 LORs. I want the UT adcom to look at my first and last LORs instead of chronically the first two. Is this possible?

Have a question. UT only accepts 2 LORs but I'm also applying to UH which requires 3 LORs. I want the UT adcom to look at my first and last LORs instead of chronically the first two. Is this possible?
that's a really good question... I was wondering as well. I tried to ask pharmcas this but all they said was that all your LORs are sent to the school even if they only need two LORs. So it sounded like you cannot choose which one they read. =/

Found an answer by searching the forum from last year on SDN.

Apparently, we have to individually email Dr. Wilcox (assistant dean for admissions) if we want the third LOR to be viewed along with a reason of why it should be considered.

Last edited:
Seems they have specific topics required in the Calculus which are covered in Cal II. Is everyone taking Cal II as well?

I also see a requirement of Medical Microbiology w/ lab on the Pharmcas school page which is not listed on the UTCOP pre-req page. Can anyone clarify that?

Has anyone submitted their application yet? I was wondering if the supplemental application requires a school-specific essay? Or is the personal essay on PharmCAS the only essay you'd have to submit for all schools?

@WalkDaWalk- Call and ask to speak with a pharmacy advisor in regards to that. If I can remember correctly they have a school equivalency section somewhere on their site.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using SDN Mobile

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone submitted their application yet? I was wondering if the supplemental application requires a school-specific essay? Or is the personal essay on PharmCAS the only essay you'd have to submit for all schools?

I've turned mine in quite a while ago, but there wasn't any essay requirement. It just asks about prerequisite coursework and some biographical data information.

Here's the link to the UT supplemental application in case you needed it.

http://www.utexas.edu/pharmacy/admissions/supplemental_app.html

Update on what I said earlier.

I emailed UT admissions and they told me that the adcom will look at all LORs this year. o_O

Update on what I said earlier.

I emailed UT admissions and they told me that the adcom will look at all LORs this year. o_O

I know from experience that they are willing to look at as many LoR as you want to send them, (someone sent them 10 last year!) but they strongly prefer only 2.

I just read the UT website and they said that the number of recommendations is "2 only". Can we submit more? Also, do you know if PharmCAS allows us to change our application for other schools even if we submit it to UT.

I just read the UT website and they said that the number of recommendations is "2 only". Can we submit more? Also, do you know if PharmCAS allows us to change our application for other schools even if we submit it to UT.

It's already stated above but UT's adcom will look at all letters this cycle so you can submit more than two.

What do you mean by change? As far as I know the only changes you can make after submission are basic personal information and adding grades/courses during the academic update.

Does anyone know if the admissions committee focus on pre-pharm. GPA or overall?

I am sure they will tell you they will consider all. That makes sense that why should you be crippled by any one of those?

Does anyone know if the admissions committee focus on pre-pharm. GPA or overall?

Here is a quote from their admission requirements section of their website.

The Admissions Committee conducts a holistic review of application materials including an assessment of overall academic achievement as indicated by grade point average and PCAT scores. Emphasis is on grades earned in required pre-pharmacy courses. Work completed at the university and work done elsewhere are evaluated separately. In addition to academic credentials, the committee also considers other factors such as, but not limited to, letters of recommendation, oral and written communication skills, extracurricular involvement, knowledge of the profession, work in health care, community service and leadership, and special life circumstances.​

So it looks like they look at your overall GPA, but with an emphasis on your pre-pharmacy courses.

Dose anyone have any idea when they will send out invitations for an interview? and when will the first round interview hold? The UT website said that 'No specific timeline yet', but anyone have some last cycle info?:laugh:

Dose anyone have any idea when they will send out invitations for an interview? and when will the first round interview hold? The UT website said that 'No specific timeline yet', but anyone have some last cycle info?:laugh:

I actually spoke to Dr. Wilcox this past summer and the dates from last year are going to change since they moved up the date for submission. Everything this year will happen a month earlier than last year. So they will let everyone know about interviews in early Jan, interviews in Feb, and all acceptances will go out in early march before spring break. :)

I have a question about submitting PharmCAS. Can we submit it sometime in mid-October? Will UT still get it? Just confused because it says that it takes 4-5 weeks for PharmCAS to process the application.

I remember reading on PharmCAS stating the deadline is when your PharmCAS application just has to be "e-submitted."

I was wondering the same thing too...Does anybody have an idea?

So it looks like 11/1 is a deadline by which PharmCAS must have received everything, including payment, LoRs PCAT scores and transcripts.

Does anyone have any insight as to the difficulty of getting into Texas? I'm an undergrad here, and it seems that the general consensus is that everyone thinks Texas is SO hard to get into. Just wanted to see if anyone had heard anything or if any current UT students could shed light on their experience of applying/getting in and the competitiveness.

Thanks!

If you get an interview, you have an awesome chance. So start practicing now

I have a question about a LoR. I have a LoR from a volunteer coordinator at the hospital where I was shadowing. I have the actual letter and this was going to be my last LoR, but I have lost his/her contact information so she can fill out the pharmcas form. Can I mail in the letter with the attached pharmcas form and write a note on it stating the issue?

UT will not be doing rolling admissions this year (and there are no plans to start).

Not necessarily. About 1/3 of students interviewed will get an offer. The interview is weighed heavily at UT.

I know from first hand experience that the interview can break you. Don't take it lightly.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using SDN Mobile.

If you get an interview, you have an awesome chance. So start practicing now

Not necessarily. About 1/3 of students interviewed will get an offer. The interview is weighed heavily at UT.

I know from first hand experience that the interview can break you. Don't take it lightly.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using SDN Mobile.

True that the interview is important but even having a great interview doesn't mean that you're a shoe in. I had a great interview but I still didn't get in. So it depends on the pool of applicants (i.e. ur stats compared to everyone else applying) in conjunction with your interview. Bottom line good stats + good interview= UT pharmacy student. But yes that is sometimes easier said than done.

Good luck to everyone applying this yr!

sent from my galaxy s 3 using sdn mobile

When submitting LoR's, does UT accept LoR's that dont have the PharmCas completely filled out but have the LoR attached that is signed?

so is the deadline moved to November 15th?

So I just submitted my application... What are my chances of getting into UT? There's a chance UT is the only pharm school I'll apply to, because I don't meet certain requirements for other Texas schools... such as certain hours of volunteering, pharmacist reference, TOEFL score, etc. I was planning on applying to U of Houston as well, but they require a reference from a pharmacist, and I don't know any. I looked around for volunteering opportunities, but they're all closed.

So anyways, here are my stats:

GPA: 3.867
PCAT: 95 percentile

Personal statement is good, references should be good I hope... I will practice for the interview if I get one, so that should be ok too.

I have a really short, one-time shadowing experience at a hospital pharmacy.

I'm in 2 organizations, one focused on health professions, the other is the film committee I'm in because I like film.
A hobby of mine is film as I said, and I write scripts in my spare time. One of my shorts has been produced -- I'm hoping this will set me apart from the other applicants.
I have a part-time job at the campus natatorium doing technical stuff - it requires constant communication and work to accomplish tasks efficiently, which applies to pharmacy too!

Anyways, I'm an undergrad, and currently in the fall semester of my 2nd year in college. I have all the prereqs done for pharmacy.

What chance do I have of getting into UT? I know they look at volunteering favorably, but I don't have any pharmacy volunteering experience, but I know they also look favorably at well-rounded people - I'm hoping the film-related stuff and my job will help with that, in addition to my high stats. What are my chances if UT is the only school I apply to? As I said before, I planned on applying to UH as well, but I don't know any pharmacists, and I don't have time to apply for volunteering before the deadline, and I don't meet the requirements for some other schools in the state. However, UT is the only school I'm interested in attending... I actually don't really want to go to UH, but I feel obligated to apply just in case I don't get accepted to UT. I'm really nervous about putting ALL my eggs into one basket. If I don't get into UT and that's the only school I applied to, I'm screwed. Any advice? Anyone with similar stats as me (high gpa, pcat, good wellrounded extracurriculars, but no pharmacy volunteering experience) get into UT CoP?

Bump. Anyone know if the deadline is now Nov 15th or tonight?

Should be... according to the email received from PharmCAS.

According to the PharmCAS directory, they have two interview dates in late January and two in early February.

Does anybody know when they start sending interview invites? And any details about the interview process?

I haven't taken genetics, I should probably get on that. . . .

I talked to someone at UT and they said invites go out from Dec 7-Dec 17

Has anyone gotten an invite yet? I'm really nervous!!

I talked to someone at UT and they said invites go out from Dec 7-Dec 17

Has anyone gotten an invite yet? I'm really nervous!!

Was the person you talked to someone from the admissions office? I feel like they won't send invitations out until late December because their first interview date isn't until January 25.

Was the person you talked to someone from the admissions office? I feel like they won't send invitations out until late December because their first interview date isn't until January 25.

Ya they were from the admissions office, she said invites stop going out after the 17th and actual letters of acceptance go out on Feb 20. She was looking at a date sheet when she told me this over the phone.

Ya they were from the admissions office, she said invites stop going out after the 17th and actual letters of acceptance go out on Feb 20. She was looking at a date sheet when she told me this over the phone.

Ohhh hmmm that's weird! I just called the admissions office, and the lady said that we should hear within the next few weeks. She made it seem like they haven't sent out any invites yet, because she said "reviewing all the applications is what has been taking them a long time to decide." hmmmm....

Ohhh hmmm that's weird! I just called the admissions office, and the lady said that we should hear within the next few weeks. She made it seem like they haven't sent out any invites yet, because she said "reviewing all the applications is what has been taking them a long time to decide." hmmmm....

What. I called them twice and I got the same answer, both said in the next week. I hope it's soon...