University of Texas - Houston MPH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MIS2MPH

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I was wondering if there was anyone else here who is planning on going to Houston in the fall?? I'd love to get to know some of you! :) Also, if anyone is from Houston, any recommendations on best housing/how to find roommates would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey which concentration did you get admitted into? Can you share your profile? I am confused about applying to the same place :(

Hey which concentration did you get admitted into? Can you share your profile? I am confused about applying to the same place :(

I got admitted to Epidemiology! Ummm don't remember all of my stats (I've put it all out of my mind since apps are done ) but here goes:

University: Oklahoma State
Major: Management Information Systems
GPA: 3.34 (I think SOPHAS might've been a teensy bit higher)
GRE.....I don't remember but I know that my total was 313 and my Q was in the 51st percentile and V was in 70something percentile.

I really didn't have any public health experience at all other than volunteering at the local hospital!
I have a more detailed profile that I posted a while ago!

Good luck!!! Let me know if you have any questions! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I got admitted to Epidemiology! Ummm don't remember all of my stats (I've put it all out of my mind since apps are done ) but here goes:

University: Oklahoma State
Major: Management Information Systems
GPA: 3.34 (I think SOPHAS might've been a teensy bit higher)
GRE.....I don't remember but I know that my total was 313 and my Q was in the 51st percentile and V was in 70something percentile.

I really didn't have any public health experience at all other than volunteering at the local hospital!
I have a more detailed profile that I posted a while ago!

Good luck!!! Let me know if you have any questions! :)

You have a great GRE score! :) Mine is quite low so I guess it is not worth applying :(
Anyhow all the best to you!!

You have a great GRE score! :) Mine is quite low so I guess it is not worth applying :(
Anyhow all the best to you!!

Are you applying for this round? You could always retake the GRE! I think you should try, you could get it, none of my things were really that spectacular.

Hi guys!

I was wondering if there was anyone else here who is planning on going to Houston in the fall?? I'd love to get to know some of you! :) Also, if anyone is from Houston, any recommendations on best housing/how to find roommates would be greatly appreciated!

Hi MIS2MPH, I'll be starting at UTH in the fall in epi as well! Hope to meet you soon!