University of the Pacific - 2012 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If you actually attend UOP next year, they will feed you with so much food for the first month or so. My first month we really didn't need to cook because they always had some kind of event with food included.:)

Haha, I heard about the yummy BBQs! :D I hope I get accepted.

Members don't see this ad.

hi delano and anyone else that can help! i received an email earlier today about my missing or unmet prerequisite (COM 225) and told them i will be fulfilling that requirement in the summer of 2012. how likely will i get an interview invite? Will my chances be higher if I told them i can take that class in the spring?

i'd appreciate your insight!

Members don't see this ad :)
hi delano and anyone else that can help! i received an email earlier today about my missing or unmet prerequisite (COM 225) and told them i will be fulfilling that requirement in the summer of 2012. how likely will i get an interview invite? Will my chances be higher if I told them i can take that class in the spring?

i'd appreciate your insight!

I would have told them that I was gonna try to take it in the Spring vs taking it in the Summer. I'm sure that this will not automatically disqualify you or anything. Keep Veronica in the loop and you should be fine.

I would have told them that I was gonna try to take it in the Spring vs taking it in the Summer. I'm sure that this will not automatically disqualify you or anything. Keep Veronica in the loop and you should be fine.

Okay thanks! I'll probably shoot another email then :)

I just got an email today saying that my application has been put on hold until March for later review. I AM SO SAD!! I thought I did great at the interview and my stats are pretty good. I am going to die waiting til March....

Im sorry dont loose hope there's still a chance when was ur interview?

Has anyone from Tier 2 not gotten an interview yet?

For those who had their interviews already, how long was the whole thing? From 12:30 to when?

During the interview, what exactly do you have with you. bag? notebook? pen? can we have notes of questions we want to ask?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an email today saying that my application has been put on hold until March for later review. I AM SO SAD!! I thought I did great at the interview and my stats are pretty good. I am going to die waiting til March....

This happens sometimes. Don't lose hope. Some of my classmates were not accepted until June/July and they did fine.

During the interview, what exactly do you have with you. bag? notebook? pen? can we have notes of questions we want to ask?

I would only bring a very small folder with some questions already written down to ask the interviewer. The will give you a little binder when you get there (at least they did last year). Bring a pen also.

For those who had their interviews already, how long was the whole thing? From 12:30 to when?

It ended a little past 4:00pm for me.

I brought a small purse with hand sanitizer, ID, and gum inside. They provide you with a information packet/folder. They also give you a pen and a water bottle. I used the back of the papers to write down some info I found to be pertinent. :) Don't forget to bring a small photo of you! They will have you attach that to your essay. If you forget or simply opt out of bringing a photo, they'll charge you $10 to have it taken that day.

has anyone heard back from UOP that interviewed in the first round(10/21)?

This happens sometimes. Don't lose hope. Some of my classmates were not accepted until June/July and they did fine.

Thanks for the encouragement... I sooooo stressed out tho! :-( Would it be annoying or inappropriate to email and ask why?? Or should I just leave it alone and suffer til March?

Thanks for the encouragement... I sooooo stressed out tho! :-( Would it be annoying or inappropriate to email and ask why?? Or should I just leave it alone and suffer til March?

Please do not email them to ask why. Your application will be re-reviewed and you don't wanna shoot yourself in the foot. Unless you were rejected, then don't ask. Just be patient. You can email from time to time to find out when they will review your stuff later on in the app cycle.

Please do not email them to ask why. Your application will be re-reviewed and you don't wanna shoot yourself in the foot. Unless you were rejected, then don't ask. Just be patient. You can email from time to time to find out when they will review your stuff later on in the app cycle.

Thanks!

has anyone heard back from UOP that interviewed in the first round(10/21)?

A friend's girlfriend got accepted and it looks like other people have gotten put on hold. It looks like those from the first round of interviews received their feedbacks already. I guess this means that I might hear back next week. *gulp* :scared:

A friend's girlfriend got accepted and it looks like other people have gotten put on hold. It looks like those from the first round of interviews received their feedbacks already. I guess this means that I might hear back next week. *gulp* :scared:

Usually the first round of interviewees receive something from AdCom in about 2 weeks. From there on out, there are no set times/dates for responses for the subsequent interview dates.

Usually the first round of interviewees receive something from AdCom in about 2 weeks. From there on out, there are no set times/dates for responses for the subsequent interview dates.

That makes sense. The website did say that some will receive their status early but others might not get it until Spring. YAY! The waiting game!

i just got the same e-mail :(

i just got the same e-mail :(

I too got the same email. So does this mean that we aren't even considered for the waitlist?

Also, does UOP even send rejections out at this point or do they just send everyone "on hold" statuses?

I got the same email putting my application on hold....Kind of depressed, because I thought the interview went great...my writing sample was pretty terrible though so I'm not completely surprised.

I too got the same email. So does this mean that we aren't even considered for the waitlist?

Also, does UOP even send rejections out at this point or do they just send everyone "on hold" statuses?

I just got that email.

Let us just be happy it's not a outright rejection! :D I still have hope!

I just got that email.

Let us just be happy it's not a outright rejection! :D I still have hope!

So I'm thinking on hold is separate from being on the waitlist and that means we aren't on the waitlist? (or do they figure out the waitlist later..)

:(

yeah does anyone get rejected or is everyone placed under active consideration? this is brutal :(

So I'm thinking on hold is separate from being on the waitlist and that means we aren't on the waitlist? (or do they figure out the waitlist later..)

:(

I think they figure out the wait list later. Don't worry too much. From what they said on their website, this is pretty normal. :)

I'm sure some people get rejected. I don't think UOP wants to waste their time looking at everyone's application all over again for the giggles.

I think they figure out the wait list later. Don't worry too much. From what they said on their website, this is pretty normal. :)

I'm sure some people get rejected. I don't think UOP wants to waste their time looking at everyone's application all over again for the giggles.

hey hellopanda did u go to the Touro interview on nov.2? there was someone there that was from UCSD im wondering if that was u lol (i think u're from SD right?)

hey hellopanda did u go to the Touro interview on nov.2? there was someone there that was from UCSD im wondering if that was u lol (i think u're from SD right?)

No, I canceled my Touro Interview for MWU. I am from UCSD though! ^_^ I hope your interview went well!

I really thought my interview went well, but I got put on hold too. :( Does anyone know if they will be re-reviewing our applications after Tier 2? Or will it be at the end of all the cycles after Tier 3?

Is being put "on hold" common? Did most people last year that got put on hold eventually get in?

Do u guys (who got put on hold) mind sharing ur stats? I don't understand Why so many applicants Are being put On hold

-Science/math gpa ~ 3.7
-Total cum gpa ~ 3.8
-Lots of volunteer/work experience, and about a year experience in a pharmacy

I didn't think I bombed the interview...but who knows? :(

Wow thats scary u have really great stats! agh Wat more do they want?! When did u have ur interview?

Yea they have. if your account was placed on hold then they will review it at a later date.

I really thought my interview went well, but I got put on hold too. :( Does anyone know if they will be re-reviewing our applications after Tier 2? Or will it be at the end of all the cycles after Tier 3?

Is being put "on hold" common? Did most people last year that got put on hold eventually get in?

Last year this time we had quite a few acceptances but a lot of people had their apps placed on hold. This is pretty common. They will be interviewing through March of next year. Look at it this way, they usually invite around 350 applicants for interviews and off that 350 they usually accept around 100 applicants. So you have roughly a 1/3 chance of getting accepted. Also, during next year some people will start withdrawing their apps and then more spots will be available.

-Science/math gpa ~ 3.7
-Total cum gpa ~ 3.8
-Lots of volunteer/work experience, and about a year experience in a pharmacy

I didn't think I bombed the interview...but who knows? :(

Good stats. They do place a lot of emphasis on interview skills. Just stay strong and continue being hopeful.

Do u guys (who got put on hold) mind sharing ur stats? I don't understand Why so many applicants Are being put On hold

overall GPA: 3.3
:( I messed up my first 2 years of college and am now paying the price. I have lots of volunteer and some leadership experience and I think my LORs are pretty good but who knows?

lol! That was me! =]
I think we were on the shuttle to touro together, if i don't remember wrong! haha

did anyone or know anyone who actually received a rejection letter at this point? i still feel like everyone who wasn't accepted is currently on hold. :(

Hey !! Does anyone know what classes comes under the category I-C, category II-B, and II-C in the supplemental application ??

Thanks

Did anyone/do you guys know anyone from the Tier 1 interviews that got in besides HelloPanda22's friend's girlfriend?

I actually know quite a few people that got in, they are just not on SDN

do you know anyone who was rejected? i only see a bunch of "on hold" applicants. haha. :(

Nope, starting to think maybe they just put everyone not accepted on hole and wait until march and see.

I'm sure alot of those accepted now are ones that will get into USC/UCSD/UCSF, so we shall see.

Delano FTW

:confused:

did anyone or know anyone who actually received a rejection letter at this point? i still feel like everyone who wasn't accepted is currently on hold. :(

I actually knew a couple people that got rejected this time last year.

Nope, starting to think maybe they just put everyone not accepted on hole and wait until march and see.

I'm sure alot of those accepted now are ones that will get into USC/UCSD/UCSF, so we shall see.

People do get rejected after the first interview this early in the interview process. It is not as common but it does happen. Just remember that you guys have about a 33% chance of getting accepted.

Did anyone interviewed on Oct. 28th hear back yet?