University of the Pacific - 2012 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i was placed on hold too =[
It sounds like they put a lottt of people on hold!
Lets hope they accept us though!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Everyone, I my app wasn't complete until after Sept. 1st which would put me in tier 3, but I just got an interview invitation, which I thought was pretty surprising.

So now I have to call in to schedule an interview but I was wondering, is there flexibility in selecting a date that will work the best for me or will it be a set date that they have? I would prefer to interview in December when I will be on break but I know I won't always have the flexibility to choose so i'll just have to work around my schedule. Thanks!

^ Probably will not be during your winter break since school will not be in session

So now I have to call in to schedule an interview but I was wondering, is there flexibility in selecting a date that will work the best for me or will it be a set date that they have? I would prefer to interview in December when I will be on break but I know I won't always have the flexibility to choose so i'll just have to work around my schedule. Thanks!

Last year, my phone call went something like this..

Me: Hi, my name is John and I received an invitation to interview for the doctor of pharmacy program
Admissions: Great! Do you have your 988/989 number?
Me: Yes, it's 989123456
Admissions: Okay John, we have you down for Friday, October 35th
Me: ... (waiting for more choices)
Me: ... Okay, I'll take it! Thanks so much, I'll see you on blahblahblah...

Last year, my phone call went something like this..

Me: Hi, my name is John and I received an invitation to interview for the doctor of pharmacy program
Admissions: Great! Do you have your 988/989 number?
Me: Yes, it's 989123456
Admissions: Okay John, we have you down for Friday, October 35th
Me: ... (waiting for more choices)
Me: ... Okay, I'll take it! Thanks so much, I'll see you on blahblahblah...

Interesting....October 35th.

I just called today and they scheduled me for January 13th. I was just worried I would be given a week to have to plan for the trip!

They also schedule me for Jan 13th.UOP still interview people until March/April? I was surprise because I submit my secondary app pretty late?

They also schedule me for Jan 13th.UOP still interview people until March/April? I was surprise because I submit my secondary app pretty late?

i think that no matter how early people apply, the individuals who have completed all or most of their prereqs hear back the soonest. has anyone interviewed but still need to complete their prereqs? (not including in progress)

What specific criteria's do they look at to accept students after the interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys, i got an interview invite for Jan. 13th, Im pretty nervous. I've been told by some people to read information about pharmacy and what is going on in the healthcare field, anyone has advice on what to read or any websites? I appreciate the help.

At my interview, they didn't ask any pharmacy related questions. But I guess, better safe than sorry.

Hi guys, i got an interview invite for Jan. 13th, Im pretty nervous. I've been told by some people to read information about pharmacy and what is going on in the healthcare field, anyone has advice on what to read or any websites? I appreciate the help.

Read ANYTHING and everything that interests you.When I was short on time I subscribed to the nytimes health/science news email and skimmed the headlines, reading the article only if it sounded interesting. You can also use the google news health section if you're less of an email checker. Do this regularly and you'll be pretty current with what's going on. If you want more healthcare or pharmacy specific websites, here are some to get you started:

Enjoy!!

Hi guys! I tried searching for a forum for pharm students accepted into the 2015 class at UOP but I couldn't find one, so I just made one! haha Who else is planning on going there next fall? Any recommendations out there for housing options? :)

-Linda

Does someone knows the interview dates for UOP 2011-2012 application cycle?

Does someone knows the interview dates for UOP 2011-2012 application cycle?

I think this will depend on whether or not the school is hosting events on a Friday afternoon. I honestly don't think that they have set dates that far in advance. Maybe upwards of a few months at the most. Just know that they interview right up until March/April time frame (or a little later depending on the circumstances).

Congrats to those of you that are already accepted. Please remember to post in the annual Roll Call thread in the main Pre-Pharm forum (it should be stickied). Good luck to those of you that are still waiting.

Hi guys,

I submitted my application in October . I am from East coast ( Rutgers) , i have 3.3 GPA with pharmacy experience and volunteer.
Also , recommendation letters from pharmacist and science professors.
But i have some really serious question .
I am taking orgo 1 right now( fall 2011) and i got F in that . I did fine in all 3 exams but totally killed the final as i didnt sleep the night before exam and went totally blank on final. I am sure that now when i will take it in spring , i will get A . Its not that i am dumb but circumstances .

Do you guys think UOP admission people will hold my application ??? will they just reject my application ?
I really want to go to pharmacy school :(

Put on Hold as well.... -_- What does this actually mean? they will just be considering our applications during the latter part of the cycle?

If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the Official Roll Call for Class of 2015/2016. Please post in the sticky thread your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).

Here is the link to the sticky thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=847419

:):thumbup:

If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the Official Roll Call for Class of 2015/2016. Please post in the sticky thread your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).

Here is the link to the sticky thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=847419

:):thumbup:
Hi delano2000, is there going to be a fb page for pharm students for class of 2015? I've been accepted and do plan to attend UOP, but what is the purpose for adding our names to the sticky? It's a little confusing when I clicked on the link. Thanks!

Hi! I'm also attending UOP Pharmacy this upcoming fall. Anyone know how housing options work?

overall GPA: 3.3
:( I messed up my first 2 years of college and am now paying the price. I have lots of volunteer and some leadership experience and I think my LORs are pretty good but who knows?

The average GPA for my class was around 3.4 so I wouldn't worry too much about your GPA.

Hi guys! I tried searching for a forum for pharm students accepted into the 2015 class at UOP but I couldn't find one, so I just made one! haha Who else is planning on going there next fall? Any recommendations out there for housing options? :)

-Linda

Merged with the existing thread for this class.

Congrats! There are a lot of apartments close to campus and some people opt to rent houses. My roommate and I will be renting a house for 2nd year.

Hi delano2000, is there going to be a fb page for pharm students for class of 2015? I've been accepted and do plan to attend UOP, but what is the purpose for adding our names to the sticky? It's a little confusing when I clicked on the link. Thanks!

It's just an official list of all applicants on SDN that applied and got accepted (if they report it). That way you can start communicating with classmates and even potential roommates. A bunch of members from my class did that. That was how I met my roommate, oddly enough. I would say that you should go ahead and make a FB page (or someone else can). I made the one for the class of 2014. You'll be well known on campus if you do and that helps to open doors for you with 2nd yrs.

Just got an invite for interview via email around 3:50pm this afternoon. Yay~ Anybody know when the next interview dates are?! Tried calling but they said to call back tomorrow morning.

Oh yeah~ I'm Tier 3 for anybody wondering. Woohoo!!!

Last edited:
got an invite about 2 weeks ago and was offered 01/20 as the earliest. couldn't make that day so next was 01/27. just rescheduled again so i'm assuming 01/20 might be available and 01/27 should still be available since i just rescheduled a couple days ago.

LOL I wonder if I took your 1/20 interview spot! I received an email yesterday to schedule an interview and accepted the 1/20 spot....I would've preferred a later date but I figured I should take it since I'm still on winter break til then.

Has anyone driven from Los Angeles area to Stockton? Google maps says it should take about 5 hr 30 min, can anyone confirm this? I'll leave at a time to give myself a few hours of cushion but just wanted to make sure...

i called on 1/3 to schedule my interview. i was actually able to get my interview for 2/3.

does anyone know if there's a cheaper ride than the supershuttle from sac airport to uop?

i have interview on 1/13/12. Is it normal to call and ask them who I will interview with? Have anyone ever done so?

Has anyone driven from Los Angeles area to Stockton? Google maps says it should take about 5 hr 30 min, can anyone confirm this? I'll leave at a time to give myself a few hours of cushion but just wanted to make sure...

Are you planning to come and stay the night before or arrive the day of? Driving from area codes 90024 to 95211 over the past year I average:

~6hr 15min leaving around 12 noon on Friday
~4hr 30min leaving around 12 midnight, the night between Thursday and Friday

i have interview on 1/13/12. Is it normal to call and ask them who I will interview with? Have anyone ever done so?

I have not personally done this, but I know of two who asked over the phone (non UOP schools) and in both cases admissions either did not know or did not release the interviewing names. What I've gathered to be a more common practice is for applicants to ask the student pharmacist walking them to interview rooms about some background about the professor/pharmacist. It's not enough time for you to do a google search, but it's enough to give you a little information about your interviewer.

I got an interview invitation via email a few days ago and called the next day to schedule an interview for 1/27. Ms. Mazuka said I would receive more information about the interview (I assumed the specific location of the interview?) in the mail. Did anyone receive this? I thought she meant in the mail, but could it possibly be via email? I'm a little worried because my interview is in 2 weeks and I need to schedule my trip there asap.
Thanks!!:)

Nope it's via snail mail. :) But I also got an email too.

For those who have been accepted and chose to attend UOP - Pharmacy this fall, send me a private message! I want to make a facebook group so people can get to know one another before school starts. :) The way I can do that is if I add you as a friend, then I can add you to the group. If you don't mind feel free to private message me your name and link me to your facebook page. (No worries if you're concerned about privacy, you can block me or you don't have to add me at all lol.)

-Linda Kay

For those who have been accepted and chose to attend UOP - Pharmacy this fall, send me a private message! I want to make a facebook group so people can get to know one another before school starts.

Props for taking initiative and congrats :)