University of the Pacific - 2013 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got an email too! :) Congrats and good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

i got put on hold too! :(
i hope thats not a nice way to put a rejection :/

For all you guys who heard back did you have the Oct 19 or Oct 26 interview??

Members don't see this ad :)
Ironically, as I was trying to scroll down on this forum I received an email popup from UOP. And I am super happy that I got an acceptance letter!!! Everyone should hear UOP's decision then ) :)
Congratulations!!!! :D

Any tier 3 applicants receive an interview invite? I'm wondering if the school has started evaluating the tier 3 applications.

for you guys who already heard back, how do u guys think u did during the interview?:confused: I was just wondering whether the adcom makes decisions mainly based on interview or stats:scared:

Thanks member2712. I know it does not provide much comfort, but hang in there. Many applications are usually put on hold by UOP so it's not like your chances are gone. And what matters is at the end we get accepted. Doesn't when, just that your there at the end. :)

Congrats cm119. That's great news. It looks like every school you applied to accepted you. My application was put on hold until the end of March.:(

for you guys who already heard back, how do u guys think u did during the interview?:confused: I was just wondering whether the adcom makes decisions mainly based on interview or stats:scared:

I think they made decisions mainly based on interview because they already looked at our stats. Right after the interview, I knew I did not do well because it was hard. I have good stats, but my faculty interview was subpar.

Thanks member2712. I know it does not provide much comfort, but hang in there. Many applications are usually put on hold by UOP so it's not like your chances are gone. And what matters is at the end we get accepted. Doesn't when, just that your there at the end.

Thanks, cm119. I hope I will hear good news in March.

Just received my acceptance via email for my Oct 26th interview. Took six days so I'm real surprised. Good luck to everyone else.

taeyeon, how did you feel about the interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
yay! on hold...:mad:

i hope they still remember me by march!

I wonder what porportion of the applicants who are on hold get in in march anyways... is it even worth waiting or is it time to move on...:eek:

Hey did anyone get defer in October and then later today get an email saying "your application was completed and now ready for review" I am hoping that this meaning I am off of being on hold. :confused:

For those of you planning to go there, are you guys going to live on oncampus housing??

Hey anyone who got accepted.. did you receive your packets in the mail yet? when can we expect them?

No i haven't gotten mine. I have even waiting, didn't think mail take so long within California.

Hey anyone who got accepted.. did you receive your packets in the mail yet? when can we expect them?

yeah it is taking a while... i don't mind though because I should be hearing back from USC in less than two weeks and im hoping i dont end up having to put down a deposit for UOP.

I was put on hold last year. Met the Tier 1 deadline. Then in the spring received the rejection letter.

:(

thanks for letting me know!

For those waiting for the packet, I just checked mail and received my packet from UOP today.

Yeah I have an interview this Friday. Scheduled it exactly 2 weeks ago. I was actually in Tier 3 because all materials except my pharmacist lor were submitted on 09/01.

Yeah I have an interview this Friday. Scheduled it exactly 2 weeks ago. I was actually in Tier 3 because all materials except my pharmacist lor were submitted on 09/01.

Congrats! :)

For those of you who will be attending, how do you plan on taking care of the tuition? :confused:Parents?:confused: Work? :confused:
My parents aren't giving me any support, but isn't it a little ridiculous to take 70k+70k+50k=190k loans with 6.8 interest...?:(

Hi!! Did anyone else put down their 750 deposit yet? Can we still back out if we get accepted elsewhere?

For those of you who will be attending, how do you plan on taking care of the tuition? :confused:Parents?:confused: Work? :confused:
My parents aren't giving me any support, but isn't it a little ridiculous to take 70k+70k+50k=190k loans with 6.8 interest...?:(

I will be taking out loans. Taking care of this by myself.

Hi!! Did anyone else put down their 750 deposit yet? Can we still back out if we get accepted elsewhere?

I will be making my final decision soon, but if you do get accepted elsewhere you would just lose the deposit but can withdraw your acceptance spot.

for those of you who got ur packets were u guys in the oct 19 interview?? im still waiting on my packet lol

for those of you who got ur packets were u guys in the oct 19 interview?? im still waiting on my packet lol

Hey boohoo123, I was from the oct 19th interview. Where do you live? You should get it this by Saturday, if not, next week. :)

Hey boohoo123, I was from the oct 19th interview. Where do you live? You should get it this by Saturday, if not, next week. :)

ohh okay! I live in socal but I had the oct 26th interview so I'm sure mine will come in later! Thank you :)

For those waiting for the packet, I just checked mail and received my packet from UOP today.
Hey cm119, what's your location if you don't mind me asking? I'm in socal, interviewed on the 19th, got accepted by email on the 31st, but still no packet...

Hey cm119, what's your location if you don't mind me asking? I'm in socal, interviewed on the 19th, got accepted by email on the 31st, but still no packet...

I'm in Davis, I interviewed on the 26th, got an email on the 1st, and got a packet on the 6th. The date on the packet was the 2nd.

Hey chasingpharmd, I am in San Diego, how about yourself? I got my email on the 31st as well; my letter was dated november 2nd, but my packet timestamp says November 5th and I received it on Monday I believe. You should call UOP to make sure since they us two weeks.

Anyone from the defer group got interview invite? My daughter has an interview in January. It is kind of late since right now is only November.

Giving up my spot. I hope one of you can take it. Don't lose hope!

Anyone from the defer group got interview invite? My daughter has an interview in January. It is kind of late since right now is only November.

Hey I got and invite:D! it will be on January ...:D anyone else???

Last edited:
Hey guys I interviewed on 11/9. How did you guys think you do? I am anxious waiting for their decision. Hopefully they can tell us before finals. UoP is my first choice. I really hope I can get in!:xf:

Hey chasingpharmd, I am in San Diego, how about yourself? I got my email on the 31st as well; my letter was dated november 2nd, but my packet timestamp says November 5th and I received it on Monday I believe. You should call UOP to make sure since they us two weeks.
Hey cm119, I'm in San Diego as well. This is soooo weird! I called but Veronica is out of the office until Monday. It's getting a little frustrating, but my hands are tied :(

Hey I got and invite:D! it will be on January ...:D anyone else???
Hey, I just got an interview invite via email. It says to call and schedule the interview date (about to). Does anyone have an idea of how many seats are left? This school would be a dream (originally from socal) but it seems like the interview dates available are a disadvantage??

Hey, I just got an interview invite via email. It says to call and schedule the interview date (about to). Does anyone have an idea of how many seats are left? This school would be a dream (originally from socal) but it seems like the interview dates available are a disadvantage??

Congrats! During which tier (1, 2, or 3) did you submit your application?

Congrats! During which tier (1, 2, or 3) did you submit your application?
Thanks! I'm a tier 3 I believe, actually I barely met the nov. 15 deadline (they required a transcript from a pharm tech program). I got really lucky It was pushed back...